Windows 10: Create hotkey for mouse?

Discus and support Create hotkey for mouse? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I would like to create a hotkey on the mouse where I double press the mouse wheel so that it has the same function as the DEL key. How can I do that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Eule014, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Eule014 Win User

Create hotkey for mouse?

I would like to create a hotkey on the mouse where I double press the mouse wheel so that it has the same function as the DEL key. How can I do that and is that even possible? Pressing the mouse wheel once would also be ok.

:)

Eule014, Jun 13, 2020
  2. NogtTL Win User

Shortcuts/hotkeys for text suggestion

I didn't found it official shortcut list, so I ask here.

Are there are any shortcuts/hotkeys to

• loop though text suggestions
    • insert the text suggestion

NogtTL, Jun 13, 2020
  3. 1,2,3 hotkeys

Hi,

Hotkeys are keyboard shortcuts that you can use as an alternative to what you typically do with a mouse. You may perform these steps to assign a hotkey to an application, and to a folder and file:

Assign a hotkey to an application:

• Open Start Menu.
    • Find the application, right-click on it > More > Open File Location.
    • Right-click on the application > Properties.
    • On the Shortcut tab, enter the keys you want to use in the Shortcut key box. Windows will add "Ctrl + Alt", however if you'll choose to use a function key or a numeric key, "Ctrl + Alt will not be added.
    • Click OK.

Assign a hotkey to a folder or file:

• Create a file or folder shortcut.
    • Right-click the shortcut file > Properties.
    • On the Shortcut tab, enter the keys you want to use in the Shortcut key box. Windows will add "Ctrl + Alt", however if you'll choose to use a function key or a numeric key, "Ctrl + Alt will not be added.
    • Click OK.

To know more about keyboard shortcuts in Windows 10, click
    here

Feel free to post back should you need further assistance.

**If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.**

Rachelle Gra, Jun 13, 2020
  4. John Vil Win User

Create hotkey for mouse?

My Windows 10 HotKeys Wont Work

Hi,

There may be several reasons why the hotkeys stopped working after the upgrade. We suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter to resolve your concern. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Create hotkey for mouse?

1. Create hotkey for mouse? - Similar Threads - Create hotkey mouse

2. Remove mouse hotkey associations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove mouse hotkey associations: Hi,I have a mouse with MB 4 + 5 and i can't for the life of me work out how to remove the hotkey association without flat out dissabling them i want to retain the use of them it is frustrating me to no en. everything isearch for on the internet is for either microsoft...
  3. Remove mouse hotkey associations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove mouse hotkey associations: Hi,I have a mouse with MB 4 + 5 and i can't for the life of me work out how to remove the hotkey association without flat out dissabling them i want to retain the use of them it is frustrating me to no en. everything isearch for on the internet is for either microsoft...
  4. Remove mouse hotkey associations

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Remobe mouse hotkey associations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remobe mouse hotkey associations: Hi,I have a mouse with MB 4 + 5 and i can't for the life of me work out how to remove the hotkey association without flat out dissabling them i want to retain the use of them it is frustrating me to no en. everything isearch for on the internet is for either microsoft...
  6. Remobe mouse hotkey associations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remobe mouse hotkey associations: Hi,I have a mouse with MB 4 + 5 and i can't for the life of me work out how to remove the hotkey association without flat out dissabling them i want to retain the use of them it is frustrating me to no en. everything isearch for on the internet is for either microsoft...
  7. Remobe mouse hotkey associations

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Creating multiple macros associated to multiple hotkeys?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating multiple macros associated to multiple hotkeys?: I'm looking for exactly what the title says. I can't seem to find software which allows multiple saved macros to be run whenever. Only software with 1 macro. Thanks for any suggestions on how to do this/applications I could use. submitted by /u/juicy_squat [link]...
  9. Create a file to run a hotkey?

in Windows 10 Support
    Create a file to run a hotkey?: Is there a .vbs, .bat etc command so I can run the file and the hotkey F8 (or something else) runs/is pressed? 2004 Windows 10 Build 19041 162919
  10. Looking to Create a Hotkey to Change the Volume Level of Line In

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking to Create a Hotkey to Change the Volume Level of Line In: [img] Lowering and raising the levels bar on this^ with a keyboard key or combination of keys. I've been using Line In to listen to my game console audio but sometimes I need to adjust the volume, and I'd rather have a key to do it. Is it at all possible to do this?...