Windows 10: Create icons for Windows - how without frame/background?

Discus and support Create icons for Windows - how without frame/background? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; If one wants to create own ICONs and save the image files e.g. via Irfan View or a similar image program as ICO file: How can I prevent the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by X123X, Jun 27, 2020.

1. X123X Win User

Create icons for Windows - how without frame/background?

If one wants to create own ICONs and save the image files e.g. via Irfan View or a similar image program as ICO file:

How can I prevent the file from getting a black/white background?

This always looks a bit unattractive, e.g. in the taskbar.

Thanks.

:)

X123X, Jun 27, 2020
  2. steelkane Win User

How to Activate GodMode in Windows 7

Step 1: Right click on Desktop

Step 2: Click create folder.

Step 3: Name your sparkly, new folder GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C} and press enter.

Step 4: Blink as the folder changes form to look like the control panel Icon

steelkane, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

GPU-Z Program Icon Submission

Suggestion to have an option to change Notification Area icon this way too.
    Suggestion to finally have proper separate Options window like most (all?) Windows programs do.

Thema:

1. Create icons for Windows - how without frame/background? - Similar Threads - Create icons without

2. How to fix a frame skipping on Windows 11 22H2? Frame skip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix a frame skipping on Windows 11 22H2? Frame skip: Hello, I've been experiencing a frame skipping issue for like 4 months by now. This happened after updating my Windows from Win11 21H2 to 22H2, everything runs fine before i updated it. This frame skipping occurs every 2-4 seconds each time my laptop is running after half an...
  3. How to fix a frame skipping on Windows 11 22H2? Frame skip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix a frame skipping on Windows 11 22H2? Frame skip: Hello, I've been experiencing a frame skipping issue for like 4 months by now. This happened after updating my Windows from Win11 21H2 to 22H2, everything runs fine before i updated it. This frame skipping occurs every 2-4 seconds each time my laptop is running after half an...
  4. Convert png without background to vector and eps file without background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert png without background to vector and eps file without background: Description says it all: would like to convert a png without background to a vector and eps file without background. What freeware and/or trial versions can do this? Don’t want to purchase for a one time thing.
  5. Windows app icons background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows app icons background: So i accidentatly scrolled on desktop when my control was down, and the app icon sizes changed, i managed to get them back to normal size but now i have this stupid looking background on them, and the icons are centered small to there. Any fixes to this?...
  6. Any ways to create a custom hotkey without bloatwear running in the background?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any ways to create a custom hotkey without bloatwear running in the background?: Hi, so there's like a dozen different keyboard shotcut interrupt layers that enable custom shortcuts in windows, but I don't want to have to run bloated wares just to do one simple keyboard shortcut. I'm looking for the lightest lightweight solution possible to create a...
  7. How to Create Icons For Desktop and Documents?

How to Create Icons For Desktop and Documents?: When I was on Windows 7, I had created icons for my desktop and one for My Documents which I placed in the taskbar. They stayed there when it upgraded to WIN10. I now have a new system and NEED them back. I can't find the website as there are so many hits now with the search...
  8. How to Create a Shutdown Icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Create a Shutdown Icon in Windows 10: submitted by /u/thestudentechblog [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f5o98q/how_to_create_a_shutdown_icon_in_windows_10/
  9. Create Solid Color Background for Desktop Icons for Win10

Create Solid Color Background for Desktop Icons for Win10: I use nature pictures for my desktop background. The icon symbols and titles on my desktop tend to fade into the photo. I want to choose a solid background for the tiles on the desktop to keep the name and image of the icon visible. I've managed to change the text color,...
  10. Desktop Icons...How To Create Them ?

Desktop Icons...How To Create Them ?: O.k.....Since switching to the Edge browser, I find that I cannot ''drag and drop'' anything from the favourites bar to the desktop, to create quick link icons.....at the moment I keep going back to Chrome, which allows you to do this....there must be a way surely, in Edge to...