Windows 10: Create interactive staff map on Sharepoint

Discus and support Create interactive staff map on Sharepoint in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi All, After some advice on creating a map of the UK that shows all of the our sites to be used on our SharePoint intranet using SharePoint Designer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mjmitch, Jan 24, 2020.

1. mjmitch Win User

Create interactive staff map on Sharepoint

Hi All,
    After some advice on creating a map of the UK that shows all of the our sites to be used on our SharePoint intranet using SharePoint Designer 2013/Windows 10 Pro . When you look at the map it would show the locations of our sites and if you clicked on one of them you would see the information about that site. E.g Engineers names and contact details email and phone with a picture if possible. Has anyone had experience in doing something like this and what tools did you use?
    Thanks

:)

mjmitch, Jan 24, 2020

2. Mapping SharePoint Library / Changing Properties changes URL?

Hi Zuke,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are having issues with the SharePoint library properties.

Let me point you in the right direction, where you would get the appropriate help for this issue. I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet
    forums, where we have experts and support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on SharePoint to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

We would also suggest you to refer this article as an additional information:
    Troubleshoot mapped network drives that connect to SharePoint Online

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 24, 2020
  3. TechDoran Win User
    Mapping a List with Sharepoint

I'm trying to map a List for a client from SharePoint to file explorer. The issue is that the link I was provided to map is not a folder or a document; it is a list page, and the normal usual method of mapping a shared drive through file explorer isn't working,
    because that method doesn't like the .aspx ending.

Other advice has been to go to SharePoint via Internet Explorer and I should see a tab labelled "Library" and from there I can open it in File Explorer etc. I can't see that Library tab, because this particular item isn't a document or a folder, it's a List.
    Elsewhere in SharePoint I can see the Library tab and can successfully open in File Explorer etc, because those other pages are actual documents.

Is there a way to connect to a List as a shared drive in File Explorer? My feeling is that this isn't a thing that can be done.

What you see when you are viewing a List:

Create interactive staff map on Sharepoint 402d52f2-177c-49dc-986f-19bbcd605e8b?upload=true.png

What you see when you're viewing a collection of documents:

Create interactive staff map on Sharepoint 51930b09-2479-4ba5-8016-fa30849c362a?upload=true.png

TechDoran, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Create interactive staff map on Sharepoint

new user created portal 2 maps for download.

http://www.portal2maps.net/browse-maps.html

list of free user created maps in either Test, ALPHA, BETA or finished product. afaik these were not created using the new portal 2 map creator software.

some of the maps are quite hard compared to the originals are are very fun.

(sorry if this has already been posted.)

slyfox2151, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

Create interactive staff map on Sharepoint

1. Create interactive staff map on Sharepoint - Similar Threads - Create interactive staff

2. Installing an MSI from a mapped SharePoint drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing an MSI from a mapped SharePoint drive: Hello all,I have a situation where a customer needs software deployed to all machines, which we have put a GPO in place for, and works well, however, a few years ago they moved the majority of their files to Office 365 Sharepoint, and have moved the rest a couple of months...
  3. Script to authenticate mapping through office 365 (SharePoint)

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Script to authenticate mapping through office 365 (SharePoint): Hello, I would like to know if it is possible to make an automatic script to be inserted in the windows 10 task scheduler I have a mapping on the desktop that comes from a sharepoint link, but over time it loses authentication and the user needs to access the site again,...
  4. Restore SharePoint mappings in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restore SharePoint mappings in Windows Explorer: All In my company we use a selfmade tool which makes a backup of network mappings, installed network printers, specific user settings, custom files/folders, ... We are now in a transition to Office 365 and SharePoint. If you go via a web browser to a SharePoint Document...
  5. Issue with sharepoint activex services and drive mapping to sharepoint

Issue with sharepoint activex services and drive mapping to sharepoint: I have a user profilea which opens the Sharepoint "AllItems.aspx" url resulting in a blank page using Internet Explorer. All internet security setting have been reset. The company Sharepoint url is in Trusted Sites. I created a new user on the same computer and that user...
  6. SharePoint

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    SharePoint: For my website, can I access SharePoint in home office 365 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharepoint/690d8712-cfec-4419-9b4a-7f0a3eaf678a"
  7. Unable to map Sharepoint Documents library to Z: drive

Unable to map Sharepoint Documents library to Z: drive: Hi I'm trying to map a sharepoint documents library to my Z drive. Here's the library: [ATTACH] But Windows won't let me: [ATTACH] So I added the URL to my Trusted SItes List, which now reads: [ATTACH] HOWEVER, I can't work out what Microsoft mean by...
  8. Mapping SharePoint Library / Changing Properties changes URL?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mapping SharePoint Library / Changing Properties changes URL?: Hi, I have mapped a SharePoint library to Quick Access in Windows Explorer. SharePoint sync is not permitted in my company, and this is a workaround. However, when you right click the and bring up the properties of the mapped library in Quick access, you can change the...
  9. Map drive to Sharepoint Online

in Windows 10 Customization
    Map drive to Sharepoint Online: We're using sharepoint online and would like to map a drive to a library which has a number of subfolders in it (5000+). When I map it I'm told the folder is empty. I'm able to map directly to one of the subfolders and see files but not to the root of the Library. Is there a...
  10. The mapped network drive could not be created...

The mapped network drive could not be created...: We have 4 networked computers, 3 Windows 10 and an Ubuntu. After one of the last updates the only way I could get on my wife's computer was to use this format: \\JIMS-PC\Users\Suzy, when I used to browse to her computer through the Map Network Drive her drive didn't show up....