Windows 10: Create LAN on Windows 10

Discus and support Create LAN on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm using windows since the 98 version and I have started sharing files and playing through Local Networks with Windows XP, from there it becomes more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hamdi Zeddini, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Create LAN on Windows 10

I'm using windows since the 98 version and I have started sharing files and playing through Local Networks with Windows XP, from there it becomes more and more difficult to configure a LAN with each new version of Windows, it's like Microsoft is forcing away their users from this feature and now with the latest version of Windows 10 they have succeeded, it's impossible to do any kind of sharing through a local network (maybe for a printer), before I do this steps in random to get it to work :

• Changing IP addresses
    • Creating a password for each user
    • Restarting millions of times the computers
    • Allowing access to all kind of Networks (public and private)
    • Sharing main hard drives

and mysteriously it works, with windows 10 it's another frustrating story, sometimes only the first PC appear on the second PC, sometimes the opposite, sometimes they don't show at all and the most legendary error is when I try to connect to the other PC and I get a message telling me that I put a wrong identifiers, yeah how can I forget a password that I'm using frequently or cannot copy the name of the user.

Please, I'm begging you, I need only 2 things, information about why Microsoft is making such a thing very difficult and is there a fundamental method to create a proper Local Network at least to play with my brother some games.

:)

Hamdi Zeddini, Aug 25, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Aug 25, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 25, 2019
  4. Create LAN on Windows 10

How to create LAN in windows 10?

I know and that's not the question. I asked how to create a lan.

AlifAl Emran, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

Create LAN on Windows 10

1. Create LAN on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Create LAN

2. Windows 11 Create Recovery Drive Utility after April 2024 Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Create Recovery Drive Utility after April 2024 Windows Update: I have generally created a new recovery drive image after each Windows Update - which is generally monthly. I actually create two just to be on the safeside. Following the April 2024 update the creation of the image fails when about 95% complete. I have rebooted the computer...
  3. Windows 11 Create Recovery Drive Utility after April 2024 Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Create Recovery Drive Utility after April 2024 Windows Update: I have generally created a new recovery drive image after each Windows Update - which is generally monthly. I actually create two just to be on the safeside. Following the April 2024 update the creation of the image fails when about 95% complete. I have rebooted the computer...
  4. Created LAN network between two computers using crossover cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Created LAN network between two computers using crossover cable: Hello Microsoft, We have two PCs without network connections. We need them to be connected to a LAN network so they can share files with each other. For the setup, I'm using the "Crossover" cable and those IP configuration settings.PC1IP: 192.168.1.10Subnet mask:...
  5. Created LAN network between two computers using crossover cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Created LAN network between two computers using crossover cable: Hello Microsoft, We have two PCs without network connections. We need them to be connected to a LAN network so they can share files with each other. For the setup, I'm using the "Crossover" cable and those IP configuration settings.PC1IP: 192.168.1.10Subnet mask:...
  6. How To Create A WAN/ LAN Homegroup connection in Windows 10 for 2 laptops & a PC using the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How To Create A WAN/ LAN Homegroup connection in Windows 10 for 2 laptops & a PC using the...: I have 2 laptops and one pc all running on Windows 10 & using the same TP- Link router for internet connection. The laptops connect using wifi but the pc is connected using the ethernet cable. Now, if it would've been Windows 7 or 8, it would've been easy to create a...
  7. How to create a LAN without a router using windows 10 and NO INTERNET

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to create a LAN without a router using windows 10 and NO INTERNET: Devices available. Windows 10 desktop LG Smart TV Wifi Adapter. With the wifi adapter plugged in and my desktop USB tethered to it i can create a hotspot on my desktop and then share my internet connection with other devices much like i could do if i just set my...
  8. How do I create Firewall rule that allows LAN and blocks internet?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I create Firewall rule that allows LAN and blocks internet?: I want to create a firewall rule that allows a game executable to have lan access so I can play a lan game with my kid over my home network while blocking internet access. I am using windows firewall on windows 10 1803. 126065
  9. MODERATORS CREATE NEW TOPICS "GRAPHICS DRIVERS" "AUDIO DRIVERS" "LAN DRIVERS" "WIFI...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MODERATORS CREATE NEW TOPICS "GRAPHICS DRIVERS" "AUDIO DRIVERS" "LAN DRIVERS" "WIFI...: I am requesting the moderators to create new topics like graphics drivers, audio drivers, lan drivers , wifi drivers, bluetooth drivers under windows 10 . Users can post particular driver problems in their respective topics...
  10. Win10 creates BOGUS message when accessing PC on LAN

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 creates BOGUS message when accessing PC on LAN: FYI: I have found that, after a TRUE re-boot (not Hibernate), when I try to access another PC via my wired LAN via explorer, I get this BOGUS message window: Windows cannot access xxx It is BOGUS because one of my own programs also accesses a file across the LAN...