Windows 10: Create more with the latest Windows 10 Maps updates

Discus and support Create more with the latest Windows 10 Maps updates in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Hello! I’m Dave Alles, Partner Group Program Manager for the Windows Maps team. Our team delivers the Windows Maps app and the underlying map platform... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 4, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Create more with the latest Windows 10 Maps updates

Source: Create more with the latest Windows 10 Maps updates - Windows Experience Blog

:)

Brink, May 4, 2017

2. After the latest updates - which lasted more than three hours - my laptop doesn't load Windows 10 anymore.

After the latest updates - which lasted more than three hours - my laptop doesn't load Windows 10 anymore.

The page where you have to log in remains black.

I already tried a new recovery point, didn't work.

I reinstalled my laptop ( a nuisance, I lost my bookmarks), and that didn't work.

Cheers,

Abe

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers

AbeHoekstra, May 4, 2017
  3. After the latest updates - which lasted more than three hours - my laptop doesn't load Windows 10 anymore.

Hi Abe,

At this time, we recommend restarting your computer in Safe Mode to return Windows 10 to a basic state. It can help you to allow troubleshooting most issues on your computer. To start your in
    Safe Mode, visit this link: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10 and look for steps under
    the “From the sign-in screen” section.

When you successfully booted your computer in Safe Mode, we recommend that you run the built-in utility called
    System File Checker tool. It helps the computer to detect, perform scanning, repairing, and restoring of missing or corrupted files of a computer. You can visit this link:
    Use the System File Checker
    tool to repair missing or corrupted system files
    to know how to run this tool. Then, tell us if there are any findings after the scan.

Let us know if you can perform these operations.

Johann Eva, May 4, 2017
Thema:

Create more with the latest Windows 10 Maps updates

1. Create more with the latest Windows 10 Maps updates - Similar Threads - Create more latest

2. Will reinstalling windows 10 create more problems?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will reinstalling windows 10 create more problems?: Windows 10 Home Edition on Dell Alienware LaptopIt's a long story but the problems started when half of my system 32 files got deleted. I got the bluescreen troubleshooter and was able to restore my laptop to a point from a few months ago. The problem is now pretty much all...
  3. Will reinstalling windows 10 create more problems?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will reinstalling windows 10 create more problems?: Windows 10 Home Edition on Dell Alienware LaptopIt's a long story but the problems started when half of my system 32 files got deleted. I got the bluescreen troubleshooter and was able to restore my laptop to a point from a few months ago. The problem is now pretty much all...
  4. Will reinstalling windows 10 create more problems?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Is there a way to create a windows 10 usb installer with latest updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to create a windows 10 usb installer with latest updates?: Is there a way create a windows 10 USB installation media that ALREADY has the latest updates. I have a windows 10 home usb that i got from new egg with a product key, but every single time i format my PC (which is often) I have to wait hours for windows updates, there has...
  6. Google Maps get a more detailed, colorful map

in Windows 10 News
    Google Maps get a more detailed, colorful map: Since it launched 15 years ago, Google Maps has redefined what it means to be a map–evolving from a powerful navigational tool to a robust daily companion that also offers helpful information about where to go and what to do. Features like popular times,...
  7. No more crossword adventure maps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No more crossword adventure maps?: haven't seen a new adventure map since #12 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-more-crossword-adventure-maps/6a279f57-bc79-4ef6-8d79-fe2139afdabd
  8. After latest Windows 10 update, a print file is created

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After latest Windows 10 update, a print file is created: Printer does not get a print file and will not print. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-latest-windows-10-update-a-print-file-is/92942c23-be48-4952-ba10-0bfa34036b95
  9. Facebook Messenger for Windows 10 brings Reactions and more in latest update

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook Messenger for Windows 10 brings Reactions and more in latest update: Last week we reported that Facebook has released a new and big update for its Messenger Beta application for Windows 10 users. The update was available for users enrolled in the Beta program of the Messenger application. Today the company has released a new update for its...
  10. Accounts Created after Windows 10 Latest Update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Accounts Created after Windows 10 Latest Update: After the latest big Windows 10 update today, I see two user accounts have been created, namely "Default" and "Default.migrated" Neither existed beforehand. They both contain quite a few folders and subfolders which at the bottom level are all empty. Can I safely delete these...