Windows 10: Create new folder for onedrive from iphone files.

Discus and support Create new folder for onedrive from iphone files. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; From files when i chose onedrive i can not create new folder. The option is grey. but if i chose on mi iphone or icloud i can create new folder. it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gilbbe, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Gilbbe Win User

Create new folder for onedrive from iphone files.

From files when i chose onedrive i can not create new folder. The option is grey.
    but if i chose on mi iphone or icloud i can create new folder.
    it seems there is something with onedrive.
    But from the onedrive app itself i can create.
    i worked some the days ago but then there is a message a resource is missing.

:)

Gilbbe, Feb 26, 2021

2. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 26, 2021
  3. TarAn_D Win User
    Move the OneDrive Folder

Move the OneDrive Folder in Windows 10

When you set up OneDrive to sync with your computer, a folder C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive will be created to store the contents. XXXX denotes your username. To move this folder to another location follow these simple steps:

1. Unlink OneDrive from your PC:

• Go to the taskbar notification area
    • Right-click on the OneDrive icon
    • Select settings
    • Click: Unlink this PC
    2. Delete the C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive folder

3. Create a new folder (target folder) for OneDrive contents, e.g. D:\OneDrive

4. Create Directory Junction for the new folder

• In the search area of the taskbar type CMD and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter
    • In the command window type
    mklink /J C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive D:\OneDrive

adjusting it to your specific username and selection of the target folder

5. Link again OneDrive to your PC using the OneDrive icon in the taskbar notification area

TarAn_D, Feb 26, 2021
  4. Create new folder for onedrive from iphone files.

Media player folders not usable on OneDrive

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We'd like to get more information regarding this so we could further check and provide a more established workaround, so let us know below information.

1. Are you able play audio file from OneDrive music folder?

You can try following steps to create new playlist and check if it is working.

1. Open Windows Media Player and select Organize > Manage libraries >Music.
    2. Click on Add and browse for Music folder on your OneDrive.
    3. Click on Include Folder.
    4. Create new Playlist and add the music files to the new Playlist from the Library.

Let us know if it helps.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

Create new folder for onedrive from iphone files.

1. Create new folder for onedrive from iphone files. - Similar Threads - Create folder onedrive

2. OneDrive creating New Documents folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive creating New Documents folder.: Hello. I recently decided I don't want to use Onedrive on my PC anymore so I started the process of removing it. The problem I'm running into is some of my gaming folders where stored in documents/onedrive. I copied everything from the folder and deleted the folder but every...
  3. OneDrive creating New Documents folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive creating New Documents folder.: Hello. I recently decided I don't want to use Onedrive on my PC anymore so I started the process of removing it. The problem I'm running into is some of my gaming folders where stored in documents/onedrive. I copied everything from the folder and deleted the folder but every...
  4. Create shortcut from file in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Create shortcut from file in OneDrive: Am I mistaken that in the past you could place a word file shortcut on the android home page. I can't see a way to do it. I also couldn't find a way to copy the file to my android documents folder, from where I planned to create the shortcut. I eventually had to move the...
  5. Windows / OneDrive created a new folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows / OneDrive created a new folder: What caused my PC with OneDrive to create a new Folder on OneDrive called "Recovery"? It contains two subfolders called "Customizations" and "OEM". The "Customizations" folder contains a huge usmt file. I recognize that this is a migration file, but I did not knowingly ask...
  6. File Explorer - Creating new folders

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - Creating new folders: Windows 1909 and before. Issue: When I try to create a new folder in File Explorer I can only type one letter then File Explorer acts like I pressed enter. For example if I Create a try to creater called " File Explorer will only let me create a folder called "j" The work...
  7. Duplicate files created in OneDrive Folder

Duplicate files created in OneDrive Folder: When I create a new file in a child folder in my "This PC" parent folder, the file is automatically also created in a child folder in my "One Drive" parent folder. As a result, I essentially am doubling the storage usage on my PC. Similarly, if I delete a file from my "One...
  8. Creating new files and folders

Creating new files and folders: Every time I try to make a new folder or save a new file windows will not allow me. When i try yo make a new folder the following appears. [ATTACH] When scanning a document I get this [ATTACH] and when i try to save a word document I get this [ATTACH] Other apps give...
  9. Unable to create a new file or folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to create a new file or folder: I cannot create a new file because my computer freezes when I hover a cursor on the word “new” that is on the right click menu. I’ve had this problem since the last Windows update...
  10. OneDrive Creates New Folders

OneDrive Creates New Folders: My OneDrive keeps creating new folders which contain some of my files from another folder. I've inserted a snip of what it does. Some of the files in the folder "Current Grants and Contracts" end up in folders which start with "CURRENT~1~..." I didn't create these folders....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to creater folder on a phone