Windows 10: create new folders on my pc without using the mouse because it has broken

Discus and support create new folders on my pc without using the mouse because it has broken in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I create new folders on my pc without using the mouse because it has broken... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MattTyler, Dec 20, 2018.

1. MattTyler Win User

create new folders on my pc without using the mouse because it has broken

How can I create new folders on my pc without using the mouse because it has broken

:)

MattTyler, Dec 20, 2018

2. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 20, 2018
  3. gudiya#1 Win User
    creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Thanks, the step you mentioned

Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.
    • Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

It's working for me. But my new folder option is not working anywhere not in desktop as well as not in file explorer. Whenever I am placing my cursor on new folder option, its first spinning for few seconds then goes to close the file
    explorer and refresh the desktop once.

gudiya#1, Dec 20, 2018
  4. create new folders on my pc without using the mouse because it has broken

Can't create new folder

In this case, we suggest creating a new user account on your computer to see if the same issue will occur while on a different profile. This is to prove if your current user account has corruption. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Accounts > Family & other people> Add
      someone else to this PC

• Type a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.

You can also try booting your computer in
    Safe Mode
    . This is to start Windows with its basic functionalities. While in Safe Mode, try making change to that folder.

Once done with the steps, let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Jefferson Ore, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

create new folders on my pc without using the mouse because it has broken

1. create new folders on my pc without using the mouse because it has broken - Similar Threads - create folders without

2. Husband_files folder created in 'My Pictures' on my PC without me knowing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Husband_files folder created in 'My Pictures' on my PC without me knowing.: The other day I was going through my photos in 'My Pictures' on my C drive and I came across a folder labelled 'Husband_files' that I have no recollection of creating.In the folder are a number of photos of people unknown to me, .png files, .jpg files, and .download...
  3. Husband_files folder created in 'My Pictures' on my PC without me knowing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Husband_files folder created in 'My Pictures' on my PC without me knowing.: The other day I was going through my photos in 'My Pictures' on my C drive and I came across a folder labelled 'Husband_files' that I have no recollection of creating.In the folder are a number of photos of people unknown to me, .png files, .jpg files, and .download...
  4. Husband_files folder created in 'My Pictures' on my PC without me knowing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't create new folder without admin rights

Can't create new folder without admin rights: On my h drive i cant create a folder without admin rights when i try to create new folder and click on new it shows this [IMG] How to fix .this is on my h disc when i try to copy a file from my phone it shows this [IMG] This not my c drive this is"h" drive there was no...
  6. Is my mouse broken or is it because of my pc?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is my mouse broken or is it because of my pc?: When I want to shut down my pc the pc jumps again and the energy saving function flickers around as if I would press it continuously. I have the same problem with Teamspeak when I want to join a room, because when I want to do so, the system automatically clicks until I am...
  7. deletion of files and creating new folder using mouse

deletion of files and creating new folder using mouse: Hello, I have a Microsoft pro, but unfortunately it is not possible to delete a file using mouse, I should drag the files to the bin. and even I can not create a new folder by mouse. I should create new folder by keyboard shortcut. could you please tell me what should I do....
  8. Someone has created a network on my personal PC without my permission.

Someone has created a network on my personal PC without my permission.: Please help. I have a serious stalker. In 29 September 2017 all my computers look like something was added to them. Since I have continued to reset them but they revert back after forced restart. I have new items I had never seen before under device manager. I can see the...
  9. create new folder to This PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    create new folder to This PC: Hi, I want to create a brand new folder to the This PC hub, is this possible? if so could you help? 30916
  10. Switching Microsoft accounts without creating new profile broken?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Switching Microsoft accounts without creating new profile broken?: Hi, I have also posted this on the TN forums so apaologies if anyone is reading this a second time but the wider I cast the net and all that...... I have stumbled upon a big problem for me and wonder if it is a bug or by design. I have a microsoft account that I was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to create a new folder without a mouse