Windows 10: Create new local user without access to the other account

Discus and support Create new local user without access to the other account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'd like to create a new local user for school on my pc without access to my current files. My current account has a lot of clutter and files from... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by lagunitas1855, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Create new local user without access to the other account

[COLOR=rgba36, 39, 41, 1]I'd like to create a new local user for school on my pc without access to my current files. My current account has a lot of clutter and files from video games and such. When I make a new basic account, I still have access to everything that was installed on my main user profile admin. Essentially, what I want is a new user with nothing in it. [/COLOR]

Thanks in advance

:)

lagunitas1855, Jan 28, 2021

2. Am unable to create a new user. Accounts -> Add someone else to this PC options is not working to create a new account.

Hi Pawan,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer, sign-in and check with the status of this issue. As this might be a temporary issue.

Follow the below steps to create a new user account:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select User Accounts, click on Manage another account.
    • Select Add a new user in PC settings, click on
      Add someone else to this PC
      and follow onscreen instructions.
    Refer to: Create a local user account
    in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of creating a new user account for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Unable to create new User account

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you logged in with a Microsoft account or Local account?

• Are you trying to create new user account using Administrator account?
    I suggest you to run SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files

Run the System File Checker (SFC) scan to fix any corrupted files. Follow these steps:

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833?wa=wsignin1.0

Please get back to us with the information required, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jan 28, 2021
  4. Create new local user without access to the other account

Unable to create new local user account

I do not know why it should not work for you but you can use this method instead:

1. Create a desktop shortcut for cmd.exe.
    2. Right-click this shortcut, then left-click "Run as administrator".
    3. Accept the challenge. You will get a black frame.
    4. Type these commands and press Enter after each:

net user "wob1" 123ABC /add

(to create the account wob1 with 123ABC as a password)

net localgroup administrators "wob1" /add

(to promote the account to admin level)

Please remember to mark my reply by clicking "Did this solve your problem?".

Frederik Long, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

Create new local user without access to the other account

1. Create new local user without access to the other account - Similar Threads - Create local user

2. Unable to create new local user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to create new local user account: I'm on my Windows 10 Home PC logged in as Administrator local user and trying to create a new standard local user. I go to settings -> accounts -> other users I select "Add someone else to this PC" and it comes up with a new window headed "Local Users and Groups" telling me...
  3. How do I create a new local user without bloat?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I create a new local user without bloat?: I freshly installed windows10 and de-bloated my admin account. Now I want to create a new user. But the new user comes with everything reset, all the shitty live-tiles in the start menu. I really don't want to go through deinstalling all of it again. Is there a simple way to...
  4. Create new User account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create new User account: Split from this thread. Greetings and happy new year to you, Greg, Master of Windows 10! Would you do me the honor or assisting me with any advice how to repair my very LIGHT corrupted user in Win 10. I want to keep all the "links" the user has. My outlook mails mostly...
  5. Creating a new local user account with limited rights

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Creating a new local user account with limited rights: My computer has C and D drive. Is it possible to create a new local user account which has an entire new desktop to itself and has no access to C & D drive ? Currently, the new local user account I created still has access to quite a number of programs. Is this because...
  6. Can’t access store and can’t create a new local account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t access store and can’t create a new local account: When I try to launch a game that I got on the Microsoft Store, the application will launch but then immediately crash. If I try to launch the game from the store itself, it prompts me to install the game. When I try to install the game, it just gives me error code 0x87AF000B....
  7. Can't access to new local user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't access to new local user: I reinstalled windows and it was a proper clean install. I decided to go to a LAN party and give one my laptop to a friend. I thought it is going to be better to make local user account because I only need for one day. I made local user account but it doesn't work. I can...
  8. Creating a Local account on a new computer?

Creating a Local account on a new computer?: I do a lot of new computer set ups for people. So i'm normally unboxing and setting up new Dell's and HP's. I remember before on the initial setup, when Microsoft would ask for an email address, there was a Make Local account button on the bottom left.. but on the past 2-3...
  9. Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Creating a MS account without losing Local account: Currently I an running with a local account but I want to create a MS account ONLY to save my BitLocker recovery keys online in case my USB gets stolen along with my laptop in which my keys are saved to a USB. My USB is kept near my computer which doesn't make sense anyways....
  10. Can't create a new local user account

Can't create a new local user account: I use a local Administrator level account, not a Microsoft account and am trying to create a new local user account to do some testing, but it doesn't work. When I click on Add someone else to this PC, I get a grey box for a second which goes away and that's it. No error,...