Windows 10: Create new taskbar toolbar

Discus and support Create new taskbar toolbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had a small area (toolbar) in the left side of my taskbar, next to the Start button. I used it to store shortcuts to my most-used programs. It also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JimmyW, Dec 7, 2018.

1. JimmyW Win User

Create new taskbar toolbar

I had a small area (toolbar) in the left side of my taskbar, next to the Start button. I used it to store shortcuts to my most-used programs. It also stored my "show desktop" icon, but forgot where that's stored. Somehow, it was removed and I want to restore or create a new one. How is that done? Thanks!

:)

JimmyW, Dec 7, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

Taskbar toolbar "Desktop" opens behind Taskbar

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• What are you exactly referring to when you say “Taskbar-toolbar "Desktop" added to the Taskbar”?
    For testing, I suggest you to create a new user account and check the status of this issue.

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-10

Reply us back with the results. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Dec 7, 2018
  3. colparis Win User
    Modification date of link files (lnk) is updated when clicked, and if they are in a toolbar

I'm on Windows 10, and I customized a toolbar in my taskbar, with links to programs (Notepad, Paint, Calc, ...). The steps I followed are:

• Create a folder MyToolbar
    • In this folder, add the shortcuts to notepad.exe (notepad.lnk) and mspaint.exe (mspaint.lnk)
    • Right click on the taskbar, chose Toolbar, then New Toolbar
    • Chose the folder MyToolbar
    • A new toolbar is created in the taskbar
    Every time I click on one of these icons to launch a program, for example Notepad, the modification date of notepad.lnk in the folder MyToolbar is updated.

This is annoying: because of this behavior, the synchronization program I use updates this file each time I click on it.

Can you reproduce this bug? Any solution?

colparis, Dec 7, 2018
  4. PMNewkirk Win User

Toolbar on taskbar issues.

On two of my machines, after upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10, I keep having issues with toolbars I've created on the taskbar.

I create the toolbar by right clicking on the taskbar, selecting toolbars, and then choosing new toolbar... I then choose the folder I want to set as my tool bar. However after some time or even at random times the toolbar stops working. The name of the toolbar
    is still on the taskbar but the little arrow symbol to open the toolbar is gone. I have to remove the toolbar and put it back in order to get it working again. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening? I have about 80 laptops I need to upgrade
    to windows 10 but this issue needs to be solved before I roll out to the other computers. thanks!

P.S. All updates, drivers, java, flash, you name it, are up to date.

PMNewkirk, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Create new taskbar toolbar - Similar Threads - Create taskbar toolbar

2. TASKBAR - TOOLBAR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TASKBAR - TOOLBAR: It will be very helpful and time saving if we can have taskbar toolbar functions back in windows 11. Toolbar was really time saving and an excellent feature of windows. is there a plan to bring the toolbar back in windows 11? otherwise, many users potentially will switch back...
  3. TASKBAR - TOOLBAR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TASKBAR - TOOLBAR: It will be very helpful and time saving if we can have taskbar toolbar functions back in windows 11. Toolbar was really time saving and an excellent feature of windows. is there a plan to bring the toolbar back in windows 11? otherwise, many users potentially will switch back...
  4. Why are new toolbars' icons smaller and not centered in taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why are new toolbars' icons smaller and not centered in taskbar?: [ATTACH] is there any way to set them as big as regular taskbar icons, or at least, to have them centered?what you are seeing in the gif is a shortcut (the lil hammer next to IT) present in the folder i have choosen, it is the only item in the folder, but if i add another...
  5. How to create an additional toolbar separate from main taskbar ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to create an additional toolbar separate from main taskbar ?: I want a separate tool bar/quick-launch bar that I can lock to either the top or side of my desktop, just like you could in older versions of Windows. Did Windows 10 really add so much useless **** and leave out this awesome functionality ?...
  6. Links toolbar on Taskbar

Links toolbar on Taskbar: I deleted all shortcuts on my links toolbar. How can I add new ones? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-toolbar-on-taskbar/2868487c-9f6a-4ca1-82f1-2e894542f30b
  7. Taskbar toolbar Icons

Taskbar toolbar Icons: Hi Ever since I think windows 98, I have had a particular setup on Windows and I am so used to it that I really don't want to change it. I recently bought a Dell laptop and upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro The Setup I have is that I have the task bar on auto-hide on the...
  8. Language Toolbar in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Language Toolbar in Taskbar: Try this LANGUABE TOOLBAR IN TASKBAR 1. Start > settings 2. Devices 3. Typing>more keyboard settings>advanced keyboardsettings 4. Language bar options 5. Radio button “Docked in the Taskbar”...
  9. Create new user, no desktop or taskbar

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Create new user, no desktop or taskbar: Hi. I'm running W10 pro 64 bit, had Creators Update, ver 10.0.15063. When I create a new user, either using a Microsoft account, or not, when I first log in to as that new user, it takes a very long time, I see the rotating circle of dots, then that goes and I get a black...
  10. toolbar/taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    toolbar/taskbar: Hi new to this page and hoping for some desperately needed help!!!!! I have windows 10 now ( i think a mistake and can't go back) but my tool/task bar won't auto hide. Somedays it will for a moment or opening new tabs, then it jusy stays put and won't go away..... Any ideas...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. w10 create a new toolbar on taskbar