Windows 10: Create new User account

Discus and support Create new User account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Split from this thread. Greetings and happy new year to you, Greg, Master of Windows 10! Would you do me the honor or assisting me with any advice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jonas The Swedish Goth, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Create new User account

Split from this thread.​

Greetings and happy new year to you, Greg, Master of Windows 10!

Would you do me the honor or assisting me with any advice how to repair my very LIGHT corrupted user in Win 10.

I want to keep all the "links" the user has. My outlook mails mostly and tons of older software.

I have win 10 HOME. Microsoft Digital account. 1909. Just did a repair upgrade. It fixed some of the issues.

I have done EVERYTHING to try and fix the user with the windows still. SFC SCANNOW. System Restore, Reset, DISM both online and offline.

I even put the cat on my desktop.....worth a shot! Create new User account :p

My Win 10 has been. Iffy! Lets leave it at that.

I had help of a Microsoft Support tech to do the Repair-upgrade, because when I did it the same way, not much changed.

Win 10 is solid now. The Hidden Administrator works and my PC/Win 10 works fine.

The "problems" I have when using my user, I do not have when using the Win 10 administrator I am not using that as a user.

I need to repair it, replace it, or, complete clean install and do all things over again.

To get Microsoft to make my Office 2010 work again, took WEEKS

Win 10 starts. My user gets emails. Games works. Drivers works. All the important parts.

But, sometimes Windows thinks Windows firewall is gone, when it isn't. A key stops working, then starts again. Stuff like that.

I have the same user I've had since 2004. With Outlook PST files, links from my user to more games, software, erhm-sites, etc, then some members of Annonomous.

I use Comodo Dragon Chrome, so my passwords, usersnames, contacts, bookmarks and important stuff are backuped.

Before I do a Format: C:, and do a fresh install, with a new user.
    I'm trying to create a new user, reboot, then copy the visible files from my corrupted user to the new user, and see if that works. With Office 2010, Sid emulator, etc.

Are there are user repairing tools? Got any suggestions? The user I have is connected to all the emails I have on my google and Microsoft account. My Win 10 Digital key. Will I still be the owner of the win 10 licens and office even after changing user? In case this doesn't work.

Could I rename the new user I make to the same name I have once I delete it/rename it?
    Both administrator and not local. Then rename my current user "A", to AAA. Then copy files from C:/users/AAA, to User B.

Reboot.

Then enter Win 10 with the built in administrator and rename the new user B into the name of my "normal" user "A"?

Would that save me from hassle with adding licensens I don't have the first clue where I can find them?

My user should have gotten fixed long again. But like Jar Jar Binks, he never frankin dies! =

Anyone got any suggestions for me?

Best regards

Jonah, the Swedish Goth

On another matter. I've downloaded the Media tool to make a USB installation media.

And it had 2 "Account Unknown on it"? What are those?

Their only right was to read.

This is a SS.

Create new User account 07548875-6cc7-4026-b4f8-112aea38966c?upload=true.jpg

Microsoft, why have you not hired Greg yet?

Whatever he asks as pay, you pay it!

--
    Jonas

:)

Jonas The Swedish Goth, Jan 3, 2020

2. Am unable to create a new user. Accounts -> Add someone else to this PC options is not working to create a new account.

Hi Pawan,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer, sign-in and check with the status of this issue. As this might be a temporary issue.

Follow the below steps to create a new user account:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select User Accounts, click on Manage another account.
    • Select Add a new user in PC settings, click on
      Add someone else to this PC
      and follow onscreen instructions.
    Refer to: Create a local user account
    in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of creating a new user account for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 3, 2020
  3. Unable to create new User account

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you logged in with a Microsoft account or Local account?

• Are you trying to create new user account using Administrator account?
    I suggest you to run SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files

Run the System File Checker (SFC) scan to fix any corrupted files. Follow these steps:

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833?wa=wsignin1.0

Please get back to us with the information required, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jan 3, 2020
  4. Create new User account

Windows 10 New User Accounts

• Which is the new user account type you have created and facing these issue?
    Built in Administrator account

Local Account

MS Account

2. Have you made any changes on these accounts after creating them?

Not initially. Tried rebooting, removing and readding after a reboot. Tried adding via CLI and GUI interfaces

After that I tried one of the suggestions and tried coping a good account over the newly created account. That did not work

3. Does this issue persists on any specific user account?

No it persists on all newly created accounts do not work

4. What are the troubleshooting steps you have created in resolving the issue?

Just the ones mentioned in Step 2

5. Do let us know if you have any user account with no issues on your computer?

only the initial account that was created when I upgraded to windows 10

Robert Cantrell, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

Create new User account

1. Create new User account - Similar Threads - Create User account

2. How to create a new admin user account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to create a new admin user account: I'm an administrator. I want to create a new administrator account. Control Panel User Account doesn't show an Add User. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-a-new-admin-user-account/cbf0d022-3fee-4615-8c67-d5f1038ed86d
  3. Unable to create new local user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to create new local user account: I'm on my Windows 10 Home PC logged in as Administrator local user and trying to create a new standard local user. I go to settings -> accounts -> other users I select "Add someone else to this PC" and it comes up with a new window headed "Local Users and Groups" telling me...
  4. Unwanted new User Account created by OS

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unwanted new User Account created by OS: Hi, recently on my Windows 10 home I got an blue page error with fault_in_non_paged error and when it booted again I looked for the support to avoid the future similar error as it was 5th time I got such an error abruptly so the support page of HP asked me to press power...
  5. Create user account

Create user account: I want to create a user account apart from the admin account that I have on my pc with windows 10 how could I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-user-account/2952bb43-3771-4bf1-a45e-d1486e1390e0"
  6. New user accounts being created - possibly virus

New user accounts being created - possibly virus: I noticed today that 3 new accounts had been created yesterday on my computer. So today I ran Avast, Malware Bytes, and Microsoft Defender. All three came back clean. These accounts each has 10 files added, and had been created with three permissions: "Read and...
  7. can't create new user account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't create new user account: win 10 installed on a cow chip labeled ASUS. I can't create a new account. Only have one admin account, The tab to create a new user is missing. Tried to create one through Settings. Get message the snapin cannot be used. All this started when I tried to give read only rights...
  8. Can Create New User Account, but cannot sign in with that account.

Can Create New User Account, but cannot sign in with that account.: I can create new user accounts from Windows Settings, see image. But a review of regedit shows that no profile has been created for any of these new accounts, only for my original administrator account. See image. When I try to sign as as any other user, I get the...
  9. Can't create a new local user account

Can't create a new local user account: I use a local Administrator level account, not a Microsoft account and am trying to create a new local user account to do some testing, but it doesn't work. When I click on Add someone else to this PC, I get a grey box for a second which goes away and that's it. No error,...
  10. Unable to Create New User Account

Unable to Create New User Account: I have tried creating a new User Account but like the Start Menu, it just won't open. Anyone else had this problem? 15808