Windows 10: Create new user without email (child) with simply name

Discus and support Create new user without email (child) with simply name in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; How can I, the user with Administrative Privileges, create a new user in Windows without an email? If I can't do that, how can I have the user name... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Charles Kenyon, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Create new user without email (child) with simply name

How can I, the user with Administrative Privileges, create a new user in Windows without an email?

If I can't do that, how can I have the user name be something like "George" instead of *** Email address is removed for privacy ***?

:)

Charles Kenyon, Jun 5, 2019

2. User Name

Hi Bradford,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are willing to have your name instead of email address at login screen.
    If you are using Microsoft account for logging to the system then it will be hard to remove email address and show your name only. However, if you want then you may create new user profile as a local account with administrator permission. In this account
    you may keep the name you want.

For creating new user profile you may refer to the steps provided below.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type control userpasswords2 and click OK

• Click on add under users tab

• Click the option, "Sign-in without a Microsoft account

• Click on Local account

• Choose a name for the account

• Add password if you want to

• Apply and click OK.

For more information you may refer to the article mentioned below and see if it helps.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Martmcd Win User
    How to change the name of the user

You cant reply to the automated email, it is just notifying you that a thread has a response.

going back to your original post.

when you create a new user, windows creates folders under the c:\Users directory with the account name (ie Geoff) if you rename the user, although the new name is shown on login etc the directory names don't change.

the easiest way to get rid of Geoff is to -

• change the username to something else (or back to Geoff)
    • create a new user with your name
    • copy all your documents, photos, videos etc. from Geoff to your new user
    • delete the Geoff user account and remove folders etc.
    this can all be done in user accounts as suggested by Ruth

Martmcd, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Create new user without email (child) with simply name

new child account

I have created a new family user account for a child. I can see the account when I go into account settings but I can not switch to this new user. The user does not appear in the list of users in the log on screen. The user does not list the pc as a device
    in the settings

OliverPage, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Create new user without email (child) with simply name

1. Create new user without email (child) with simply name - Similar Threads - Create user without

2. New /Users file being created with old deleted user name.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New /Users file being created with old deleted user name.: A bit of background may be needed for this one-When I first installed Windows, the original user file was C:\Users\Alexfor reasons that I'll not get into in explicit detail, I needed to change the name of this user file. I used a command-line process to do so, and changed it...
  3. New /Users file being created with old deleted user name.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New /Users file being created with old deleted user name.: A bit of background may be needed for this one-When I first installed Windows, the original user file was C:\Users\Alexfor reasons that I'll not get into in explicit detail, I needed to change the name of this user file. I used a command-line process to do so, and changed it...
  4. New /Users file being created with old deleted user name.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows created a new user without permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows created a new user without permission: Hello I got a question, One day when I switched on my computer it had a new user called administrator, the funny part about this user is that I didn't create it. I go to family and setting but the user it's self does not show up there so I am unable to delete it...
  6. Windows created a new user without permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows created a new user without permission: Hello I got a question, One day when I switched on my computer it had a new user called administrator, the funny part about this user is that I didn't create it. I go to family and setting but the user it's self does not show up there so I am unable to delete it...
  7. Windows created a new user without permission

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  8. User without email

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User without email: I have a new Windows 10 system. I created my account with a Microsoft ID. Now I want to create one with just a username. I found this:...
  9. create user and login without email

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    create user and login without email: I would like to create a user name and password for the computer WITHOUT an email account. It is for my 8yold son so that I can set parental restrictions....
  10. Can One Create User without creating a Email account?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can One Create User without creating a Email account?: I am just dumb founded that I cannot create a user account without creating a email account for the user. I don't want to create a email for a child. This is unacceptable. Is there any way to create one without the invasion. 70463