Windows 10: Create pop-up when computer hasn't connected to domain recently

Discus and support Create pop-up when computer hasn't connected to domain recently in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm looking for a way to create a pop-up message on Windows 10 that will appear when a remote users' computer hasn't connected back to the domain in X... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Zoe_701, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Zoe_701 Win User

Create pop-up when computer hasn't connected to domain recently

I'm looking for a way to create a pop-up message on Windows 10 that will appear when a remote users' computer hasn't connected back to the domain in X number of days. I'm not wanting to force the connection, just remind the user to VPN back to home base so the computer can pull GP updates and such.

I didn't see anything in GP or in Task Scheduler. Is there an effective way to accomplish this?

Thank you

:)

Zoe_701, Jan 7, 2020
  2. changari Win User

Raising the windows domain and forest issues?

hi,

I run a domain that was all 2003 r2 servers. I recently upgraded all my domain controllers to windows 2012 r2.
    That went off without any problems.. Our trust relationships had no issues also.

My first step was to raise the Domain and Forest levels past 2003 to 2008. This went off without a hitch.
    These are the features for raising the levels to 2008:

• Features and benefits include all default Active Directory features, all features from the Windows Server 2003 domain functional level, plus:
    • Read-Only Domain Controllers – Allows implementation of domain controllers that only host read-only copy of NTDS database.
    • Advanced Encryption Services – (AES 128 and 256) support for the Kerberos protocol.
    • Distributed File System Replication (DFSR) – Allows SYSVOL to replicate using DFSR instead of older File Replication Service (FRS). It provides more robust and detailed replication of SYSVOL contents.

Forest Level Windows Server 2008

• Features and benefits include all of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2003 forest functional level, but no additional features. All domains that are subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2008 domain functional level by default.

My next step is to raise the domain and forest to 2008 r2, then 2012, and finally 2012 r2. I have been trying to find out exactly what I could expect from raising the Domain and Forest for each step.

The step involving 2008 r2 seems relatively a non issue. But getting the couple of new features seem very nice

Domain Level Windows Server 2008 R2

• All default Active Directory features, all features from the Windows Server 2008 domain functional level, plus 2 new features

Forest Level Windows Server 2008 R2

• All of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2003 forest functional level, plus the following features:

• Active Directory Recycle Bin, which provides the ability to restore deleted objects in their entirety while AD DS is running. <== New Feature very cool
    • All domains subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2008 R2 domain functional level by default.

Here is my big concerns for the next raising of domain and forest to 2012.

Forest Level Windows Server 2012:

• All of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2008 R2 forest functional level, but no additional features.
    • All domains subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2012 domain functional level by default.

Domain Level Windows Server 2012 R2: <=====
    Need to investigate more and why this post

• DC-side protections for Protected Users. Protected Users authenticating to a Windows Server 2012 R2 domain can no longer:

• Authenticate with NTLM authentication <==============(what issues may arise)
    • Use DES or RC4 cipher suites in Kerberos pre-authentication
    • Be delegated with unconstrained or constrained delegation
    • Renew user tickets (TGTs) beyond the initial 4-hour lifetime

Will this affect my exchange anywhere users with remote access authenticating either clear of NTLM???
    and what would/may not to work properly day 1 when I raise the domain and forest to 2012. I cant really find anyone that can answer a straight question.

Has anyone gone through this? what problems did you have, if any , if a lot???

Any thoughts and suggestions will be much appreciated??

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

One more point... I am not sure if I posted this to the correct forum.. So if I was wrong and it should be in a different one..
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW

changari, Jan 7, 2020
  3. I can't log in and domain problems

Hi Tucker,

There are several factors which might have affected the log in issue, namely: a restriction set by the network domain administrator, if your computer is connected to a network domain; or a recent update or program installed prior to the issue. To help you
    resolve the log-in issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Were there any changes made prior to the issue, or before the PC was reset?
    • Are you using a PC connected to a network domain?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you have done in an attempt to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your prompt response.

Vanessa Oca, Jan 7, 2020
  4. Create pop-up when computer hasn't connected to domain recently

Windows 'domain'?

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your concern in the Microsoft Community. Follow these steps to find the domain name:

• Press the Windows key + R then choose System.
    • The name of your computer will be listed as the Full computer name.
    • The domain your computer belongs to will be listed as the Domain. If, instead of Domain, you see Workgroup, your computer
      is not a member of any domain.

If you have any questions or things you'd like to clarify, feel free to ask.

Marvin Barc, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

Create pop-up when computer hasn't connected to domain recently

1. Create pop-up when computer hasn't connected to domain recently - Similar Threads - Create pop computer

2. Tailgator flash not connecting popping up on computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tailgator flash not connecting popping up on computer: My tailgator flash will not pop up on my computer. It used to pop up but now it just doesn't; it even works on my phone. If anyone knows anything it would help....
  3. Tailgator flash not connecting popping up on computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tailgator flash not connecting popping up on computer: My tailgator flash will not pop up on my computer. It used to pop up but now it just doesn't; it even works on my phone. If anyone knows anything it would help....
  4. Tailgator flash not connecting popping up on computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. "Windows created a temporary paging file" pop up when I start my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Windows created a temporary paging file" pop up when I start my computer: [System Properties] Windows created a temporary paging file. I've had this problem for many weeks now, but I haven't been able to solve it.Here's what I've tried to do so far original post: here:Click Start, right-click Computer, and select PropertiesIn the left pane, select...
  6. Pop ups when starting up my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pop ups when starting up my computer: Whenever I start up my computer there is a small box that appears and then disappears and I don’t know how to get rid of it. Is this a virus or some type of malware? And if it is how do I get rid of it....
  7. POP UP DIALOG WHEN DEVICE IS CONNECTED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    POP UP DIALOG WHEN DEVICE IS CONNECTED: Is there anything I can do, so everytime I plug in my headphones or speaker It will automatically will ok? I also searched it in google, where you find "Realtek HD Audio Manager" in hardware and sound in control panel. But I cant find it. Can someone help me? on how i can...
  8. pop up notification for specific users of domain

in Windows 10 Customization
    pop up notification for specific users of domain: we are a small DBA group and we need a reminder that pop up notifications at scheduled time. i found some scripts that sent notifications to all users of a domain. so how i can send for example this message "it is time to update your server documents" to specific users on...
  9. Creating pop ups

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Creating pop ups: I want to create a pop up that reminds me to do a certain thing when I open a specific program. It is something that I always forget how to do and I want it to disappear when I click OK or something like that. Is it possible to do that at all? Thanking you in advance and...
  10. USOclient.exe randomly popped up on computer recently upgraded from 7

in Windows 10 Support
    USOclient.exe randomly popped up on computer recently upgraded from 7: I am new to Windows 10. Just a week or two ago, I upgraded my laptop from 7 to 10. Yesterday, I started up my laptop and started logging in here, and randomly a black usoclient.exe windows popped up then went away. I am not sure what this was. After the fact, I opened the...