Windows 10: Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10

Discus and support Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; it's actually the recovery with system files that appears to be larger than the windows installation media tool. so following the link you provided... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by whs, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10

Yes, you could create a Windows 10 installation USB using any option in the tutorial below for that. *Smile

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Aug 28, 2015
  2. NWGuy Win User

When I tried to include system files using a 32GB FAT32 USB key no joy -- MiniTool told me 30.33GB was all I could get.
    I tried a 64GB key and sure enough it creates a 32.00GB FAT32 partition even tho only 15.68GB used. Maybe just me.

NWGuy, Aug 30, 2015
  3. acmanten Win User
    ---- How can I use my recovery drive now with Win 10 ????
    Does any here know how to create a windows 10 recovery drive. My Windows 8.1 had a recovery drive partition indir the 1RB dirve that I have on Drive C: now as my main drive for my Windows 10. It still have all the same 4 different 30MB partitions but they are not being used. Thanks for any help with this problem. Thanks for your time.. Cliff M.

acmanten, Aug 30, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Cliff, *Smile

The tutorial on the first page can show you how to create a recovery drive.

You would just need to boot from the recovery drive to use it.

Brink, Aug 30, 2015
  5. acmanten Win User
    ... but I was or am thinking that it still has my old win 1.8 of it, or did my Win 10 upgrade put something new into that recovery drive........ that I have on the partitioned C: HHD that I have now?
    Thanks, Cliff M.

acmanten, Aug 30, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If you create the recovery drive from within Windows 10, it'll be for Windows 10. *Smile

Brink, Aug 30, 2015
  7. OldMike65 Win User
    Quick Question Shawn, every time I see instructions on making a recovery drive it seems to always want the user to use his USB drive to do so. Well I can do that on my old computer, but when my computer boots it never scans any usb port, it will look 1st for my cd/dvd drive then go to looking at hard drive. booting from usb drive is not an option.

So all these instructions for making recovery or fresh installs for win 10 all seem to just tell everyone to use their usb drive. Are all these options available for users with DVD drives as well, or only work on a usb memory stick??

OldMike65, Sep 1, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hey Mike, *Smile

Yeah, the recovery drive can only be created on a USB flash drive since it could use up a large amount of space if able to include a copy of your system files on it.

If you like, you could create a Windows 10 DVD using an ISO file though.

If you have UEFI, then if the "Fast Boot" and "Secure Boot" settings are enabled in UEFI, it can prevent you from being able to easily boot from a USB flash.

You could also boot to Advanced Startup Options, and select Use a Device to be able to select to boot from a USB.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Sep 1, 2015
  9. OldMike65 Win User
    Well I already have Windows 10 iso burned on a dvd, also have a windows 10 Repair disk burned on a dvd. For recovery I always use Acronis recovery dvd, which has 4 different complete backups of 4 Windows 10 installations from different dates which are all on my 2nd drive. I keep making backups of Win 10 about every week depending on updates installed, so I can go back to a certain date of my windows 10 of my choice. THIS has actually saved my butt more than once.

I am not sure about any UEFI setting in my bios Would actually have to look for it. This is a HP Pavilion from 2009 that came with Vista.

OldMike65, Sep 1, 2015
  10. Hi. I want to install an SSD instead of my own HDD. can I use this method to recover my windows onto the new SSD? or I have to install the whole windows with the product ID I see in System in control panel? (sorry for my bad English)

soheilkhan, Sep 3, 2015
  11. OldMike65 Win User
    If you are asking if you can clone your windows to your new SSD then you can use a program called MiniTool Partition Wizard 9.0 or 9.1 Its a free program. I think you would have to make an ISO file of MiniTool and boot it from your DVD to clone your old hard drive to your new SSD. Hope this helps you a little more.

OldMike65, Sep 3, 2015
  12. acmanten Win User
    You said Bad English.... some do speak it - including me, but most of the time I and many others do not speak any of your original language... ---->>>> and all remember: " There are not Bad Questions.... All be safe. Cliff M.

acmanten, Sep 3, 2015
  13. acmanten Win User

Mike : Please send me a note - where is the best place to get the MPW 9.0 or 9.1 tks.. cliff M.

acmanten, Sep 3, 2015
  14. OldMike65 Win User
    Best place is right off their site. I will give you the link for the ISO version. just d/l it and burn it to your dvd. This is also a GREAT partition manger too. Will move, expand, delete partitions with no problem. Always BACK UP 1st.
    http://www.partitionwizard.com/parti...otable-cd.html

OldMike65, Sep 3, 2015
  15. acmanten Win User
    Mike: OK, fine, and I just downloaded it from that link - URL that you sent me..., and will be reading about it. I'm sure glad I have only 2 months months to work as I really enjoy seeing, reading, doing and learning about Win 10. All this is a good deal
    Thanks, and more later.. Cliff M.

acmanten, Sep 3, 2015
Thema:

1. Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Create Recovery Drive

2. Create a recovery drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Create a recovery drive: Warning: Use an empty USB drive because this process will erase any data that's already stored on the drive. can i add OTHER files to the USB after i complete the process or not ? ( W10) 177798
  3. Creating a recovery drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating a recovery drive: I am not able to create a recovery drive; I always get the error message below. Is there a solution for this? If yes, can a different partition on the hard drive be used as the recovery drive ? [ATTACH]...
  4. Creating recovery drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating recovery drive: Hi I would like to create recovery drive for safety. But when tried doing it windows ask me minimum 16gb drive to create recovery Currently i don't have 16 gb, I have only 4gb pendrive Is there anyway we can create this in 4gb? Or can it be done in local drive and save it...
  5. Create a recovery drive

Create a recovery drive: I have been trying to create a recovery drive on 2 Dell laptops. The message I receive at the end is "we can't create the recovery drive" "a problem occurred while creating it." I am using 16gb flash drives. Please help....
  6. Create a recovery drive

Create a recovery drive: Hi, got some problems with my sons computer and need to perform a factory reset. First of course we need to create a recovery drive. However, Windows won't let me. Instead I get this message: "We can't create a recovery drive on this PC. Some required files are missing"...
  7. Create Recovery Drive

Create Recovery Drive: I'm trying to create a recovery drive. I followed all the instructions, but the process doesn't recognize the USB drive I inserted (three different ones). I put the USB in an empty port on the front of my PC. Does it need to go in a special port? Any ideas? Thanks....
  8. create recovery drive

create recovery drive: how to create a recovery drive for re-installing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-recovery-drive/9d3a86bc-671e-443b-971a-06f457768705
  9. will not create a recovery drive

will not create a recovery drive: i run recovery drive, it says will create on usb D: then says cannot create https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-not-create-a-recovery-drive/447d2cce-51c2-47a7-8d7a-a644fbdf73b8
  10. Create recovery drive

Create recovery drive: I am in the process of setting up my desktop following the directions at “How to set up Dell computer” (https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln127699/how-to-set-up-your-new-dell-computer?lang=en) Once the desktop loaded, I attempted to Create Recovery Media using...