Windows 10: 'Create Recovery Drive' -NTSF formatted on usb NOT Fat32?

Discus and support 'Create Recovery Drive' -NTSF formatted on usb NOT Fat32? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, about 'Create Recovery Drive' after clean install from win7, my main concern lies in the formatting of NTSF files instead of Fat32 -was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HeavensEarth69, Mar 1, 2019.

1. 'Create Recovery Drive' -NTSF formatted on usb NOT Fat32?

Hi there, about 'Create Recovery Drive' after clean install from win7, my main concern lies in the formatting of NTSF files instead of Fat32 -was required for my pc notebook at the time of create recovery drive! otherwise it would always respond 'unable to create recovery drive'. MS has advised me that Fat32 is auto formatted for this operation -however mine worked after formatting my Sandisk 16gb usb to NTFS at the start!? In conclusion, It took less than 1 hr to create the recovery drive smoothly!!

Pl confirm that my process was correct /same!

Most Concerned,

:)

HeavensEarth69, Mar 1, 2019

2. What's the best format for a thumb drive for a Windows 10 Recovery Drive: Fat32 or NTSF?

What's the best format for a thumb drive for a Windows 10 Recovery Drive: Fat32 or NTSF? (Its 8 GB.)

Sherry Something, Mar 1, 2019
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Correct Format for USB Stick | FAT32? | NTFS? | Some Other Format?

Hi Bruce,

For creating a USB recovery drive it should be under the FAT32 format. The Recovery Drive creates a FAT32 formatted USB that boots in both MBR Legacy BIOS and a UEFI BIOS with SecureBoot. For creating a USB recovery drive, you can follow the steps provided
    on this link.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have additional questions, feel free to post on this thread.

AndreePin, Mar 1, 2019
  4. 'Create Recovery Drive' -NTSF formatted on usb NOT Fat32?

Flash Drive format for creating a Recovery Drive?

The same problem occurred for me with a new Lenovo Ideapad 110s computer with only Windows and Office 16 and Kaspersky Total Security installed and a new Verbatim 16 GB USB drive. All updates were installed, virus scans carried out, and system scans carried
    out and Verbatim disk checked with no issues from any of the checks.

I successfully created a CD repair disk and a system image disk but tried four times to create the USB recovery disk with a FAT32 format. This failed each time after about 20% completion. I formatted the USB to NTSF and tried again with the same failure
    and the disk had been reformatted to FAT32.

If Sangeeta is correct then it seems to me that the create recovery disk tool is flawed and should not be formatting the USB to FAT32.

Hopefully, Microsoft can clear this up as I suspect that many people are spending more time trying to get a flawed tool to work than the tool is ever likely to save. (I've just spent six hours on this and I suspect others have spent more).

peterosman, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

'Create Recovery Drive' -NTSF formatted on usb NOT Fat32?

1. 'Create Recovery Drive' -NTSF formatted on usb NOT Fat32? - Similar Threads - 'Create Recovery Drive'

2. Converting or formatting a USB flash drive to fat32

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Converting or formatting a USB flash drive to fat32: I either need to reformat or convert a flash drive to fat32. I have read numerous articles and most say go to accessories-system tools-disk converter but there is no disk converter is system tools. I also read an article that says to go to a command prompt and type format X:...
  3. Converting or formatting a USB flash drive to fat32

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Converting or formatting a USB flash drive to fat32: I either need to reformat or convert a flash drive to fat32. I have read numerous articles and most say go to accessories-system tools-disk converter but there is no disk converter is system tools. I also read an article that says to go to a command prompt and type format X:...
  4. Converting or formatting a USB flash drive to fat32

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Formatting 64GB USB Drive to FAT32

Formatting 64GB USB Drive to FAT32: Is this possible? I've read many threads. I followed these steps: B1.Insert the USB flash drive into the USB port. 2.Click Start, type devmgmt.msc in the Search textbox and press Enter. 3.Find Disk Drives and expand it. 4.Find the USB flash drive you want to format, and...
  6. Re-formatting a USB Stick to FAT32

Re-formatting a USB Stick to FAT32: I need to re-format a USB device in FAT32, my only choice in WINDOWS 10 is NTFS, can you guide me please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-formatting-a-usb-stick-to-fat32/50561bf2-bf57-4d52-9b9f-2e31133c8748
  7. USB drive can't be formatted to NTFS just FAT32

USB drive can't be formatted to NTFS just FAT32: Hello everyone I have been having this issue for about a day now, I'am trying to format my Kingston Traveler USB drive to NTFS, but in a few seconds windows will report that (Windows was unable to complete the formatting) What is this issue? Why can't I reformat it to NTFS?...
  8. How to format USB in Fat32?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to format USB in Fat32?: For window 7 & 10, I can only format USB in exFat, when I try to create Macrium Rescue Media, it mentions that GBP format is not supported. I would like to know on how to format USB drive in Fat 32 format under window 7 & 10. My notebook only offer UEFI under window 10, MBR...
  9. Windows 10 recovery usb flash drive , formatted fat32 or NTFS?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 recovery usb flash drive , formatted fat32 or NTFS?: Sirs, I have an old pc and Bios ( non UEFI) . i formatted NTFS the 8GB usb flash drive, then found the Recovery drive creator by opening Control Panel (Windows key + X) Open Recovery Click Create Recovery drive , flash usb drive inserted , box labeled "Back up...
  10. Creating a Recovery Drive USB

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Creating a Recovery Drive USB: I have recently updated to Version 1511 and thought I would try to create a recovery drive on a USB having been unsuccessful when trying in the earlier Windows 10. This time it seemed to be working with the system files box checked, though it seemed to take an age before the...