Windows 10: Create / restore disk image in windows7

Discus and support Create / restore disk image in windows7 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an issue when i was trying to restore a previous disk image mage by windows 10 os. As i have a dual booted partition on my 240gb ssd drive with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Les Berenji., Dec 21, 2018.

1. Create / restore disk image in windows7

I have an issue when i was trying to restore a previous disk image mage by windows 10 os. As i have a dual booted partition on my 240gb ssd drive with the other one being Windows 7 os. I was expecting the other one being restored as well. Instead i got a blank partition where windows 7 used to be.

what did i do wrong?

please help.

:)

Les Berenji., Dec 21, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Create / restore disk image in windows7 [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Dec 21, 2018
  3. Help, cant create windows image

Hello there, @fullinfusion!

It seems like some sort of an OS confusion has happened with your secondary WD Black and I'm sorry to hear about that. *Frown Create / restore disk image in windows7 :(
    Maybe re-formatting it would help indeed as the community already mentioned. I'd suggest to take a look at this step-by-step how to partition and format an HDD: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=PYCoid
    Keep in mind that this will wipe clean the drive, so you should backup all important data from the drive somewhere else.
    I noticed from the screenshots that your HDD appears as Disk 0, this means that it's plugged in the primary SATA port where the SSD (as an OS drive) should be. Actually it is possible that because of this Windows cannot create the image there. Swap the ports of the SSD and the HDD, this might help as well.

Keep me posted. Hope this helped! *Smile Create / restore disk image in windows7 :)
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Dec 21, 2018
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Create / restore disk image in windows7

Create restore point does not stop

Hi Nigel,

Restore points are usually saved in
    Local Disk (C), kindly check that the Local Disk (CCreate / restore disk image in windows7 :) (System) is
    selected when creating a restore point. If it is correctly selected and the issue still persists, kindly go to the
    Local Group Policy Editor
    and check if the
    "Turn off Configuration"
    and
    "Turn off System Restore State"
    is set to
    Not configured. To do this, press
    Windows key + R, type
    GPEdit.msc
    and hit
    Enter. Go to the location
    Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > System Restore and check if both state is set to "Not configure".
    If it is set to the correct state, perform these troubleshooting:

Check Disk:

To do this, follow these steps:

• Access
      Command
      Prompt as
      Administrator.

• Type
      chkdsk /f /r
      and hit
      Enter.

Run SFC Scan: 

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps
    (Kindly perform it 3 times):

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Run DISM Tool: 

To perform
    DISM, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel (after running DISM, run SFC again 3 times).

If the issue persists, kindly provide us the screenshot of the return message so that we can investigate this matter
    further.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

Create / restore disk image in windows7

1. Create / restore disk image in windows7 - Similar Threads - Create restore disk

2. Create Disk Image File

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Create Disk Image File: I have a broken-ish HDD and need to get the image of the system from it. The problem is that it has a tendency to disconnect and reset the image creation process. Are there any partitions I can omit to speed it up and have just the bare minimum? (This windows had custom MSI...
  3. Backup and Restore Windows7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup and Restore Windows7: I tried to use the Windows Back up and Restore Windows 7 but I can't back up all, I just want to check how I can I have success to use the Backup and Restore Windows7 ?...
  4. how does one creat a disk image for security and restore in windows 10

how does one creat a disk image for security and restore in windows 10: how does one creat a disk image for security and restore in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-does-one-creat-a-disk-image-for-security-and/c3df6d23-51a5-44df-8bc6-6ff73e1ba6c9
  5. Create User folder image and restore it

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Create User folder image and restore it: I'm looking for a way to use DISM to create a backup of the User folder and be able to reapply that image back to the drive when needed. I have an image created but I can't get it to apply. I've used the instructions here to move the User folders to a non-SSD drive and would...
  6. How Create a System Restore Disk

How Create a System Restore Disk: Hi, I have a brand new computer. How do I make a system restore disk? Thank you, Eileen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/how-create-a-system-restore-disk/349b769c-dba5-44ab-b219-cda007cb2ebc
  7. Backup and Restore (Windows7)

Backup and Restore (Windows7): I have used Backup and Restore (Windows 7) since Win 7. It is still in Control Panel but it doesn't work. It worked up until I installed 10240. If I access settings, backup it is listed as an alternative to file history but it still basically doesn't go anywhere. Is this a...
  8. Restore a windows 10 disk image

Restore a windows 10 disk image: Hello, I made a windows 10 disk image with the built in tool as i had to send my surface pro back to CS. Now that it it bask I want to restore it. The problem is when I want to do recover it it finds correclty my backup on my external hard drive but after selecting it it...
  9. Help, how to create factory image disk?

Help, how to create factory image disk?: First of all, I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. My device is a ASUS K55vd notebook. When I was running on windows 7 I successfully created a factory image disk via ASUS ai recovery application (a five bootable disk). Then I decided to upgrade my hdd to ssd. My idea is...
  10. Restore with disk image

Restore with disk image: How do I reinstall Windows 10 from a USB Disk Image 17737