Windows 10: Create shortcut from file in OneDrive

Discus and support Create shortcut from file in OneDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Am I mistaken that in the past you could place a word file shortcut on the android home page. I can't see a way to do it. I also couldn't find a way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kitpzyxmsir, May 29, 2021.

1. Create shortcut from file in OneDrive

Am I mistaken that in the past you could place a word file shortcut on the android home page. I can't see a way to do it. I also couldn't find a way to copy the file to my android documents folder, from where I planned to create the shortcut. I eventually had to move the file, on my desktop, from my Onedrive folder to my Google drive, where, now located there on my phone, offers a simple solution to get the shortcut done from there, or to copy/move it to my android documents folder.

:)

kitpzyxmsir, May 29, 2021
  2. Flava0ne Win User

Creating Shortcuts with Batch File

Tried both of the VB Scripts that you provided and adding the 9 switch to the batch file but neither was able to create a shortcut to my desktop.

Flava0ne, May 29, 2021
  3. Flava0ne Win User

I've created a Batch file which calls on the following VB Script to be able to create a shortcut to my desktop:

VB Script (named createLink.vbs):
    Code: set objWSHShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") set objFso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") ' command line arguments ' TODO: error checking sShortcut = objWSHShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings(WScript.Arguments.Item(0)) sTargetPath = objWSHShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings(WScript.Arguments.Item(1)) sWorkingDirectory = objFso.GetAbsolutePathName(sShortcut) set objSC = objWSHShell.CreateShortcut(sShortcut) objSC.TargetPath = sTargetPath objSC.WorkingDirectory = sWorkingDirectory objSC.Save[/quote] Batch File Example (for Windows Notepad):
    Code: @Echo off cscript createLink.vbs "C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Notepad.lnk" "C:\Windows\System32\notepad.exe"[/quote] But after creating the shortcut using this method, I'm not able to assign a custom icon for the shortcut. I get the following error message when trying to do so:

Create shortcut from file in OneDrive Error503.jpg

Any help and ideas on what I need to put into the VB Script and/or Batch File to be able to do this would be greatly appreciated! *Big Grin Create shortcut from file in OneDrive :D

Also, I know that I can simply do this by going to Start Menu\All Programs\Accessories\ right-clicking on Notepad and selecting Send to\Desktop (create shortcut). Easy enough for creating a single shortcut. But I need to create several multiple shortcuts and using this Batch/VBS method would really save me a lot of time in doing so.

Flava0ne, May 29, 2021
  4. Create shortcut from file in OneDrive

Hmm, I just tried it and it worked fine. Maybe try running the batch as administrator? Also, right click on the desktop after the shortcut is created and click Refresh.

If the file in the third parameter doesn't exist, it assumes the icon is in the application.

FordGT90Concept, May 29, 2021
Thema:

Create shortcut from file in OneDrive

1. Create shortcut from file in OneDrive - Similar Threads - Create shortcut file

2. Create A Shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create A Shortcut: I would like to create a shortcut that would be placed on my desktop. I have logged onto a webpage and want to create a shortcut. How do I do that? Thanks for any help with this,...
  3. Create A Shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create A Shortcut: I would like to create a shortcut that would be placed on my desktop. I have logged onto a webpage and want to create a shortcut. How do I do that? Thanks for any help with this,...
  4. Create new folder for onedrive from iphone files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Create new folder for onedrive from iphone files.: From files when i chose onedrive i can not create new folder. The option is grey. but if i chose on mi iphone or icloud i can create new folder. it seems there is something with onedrive. But from the onedrive app itself i can create. i worked some the days ago but then...
  5. Creating a reg file or shortcut.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating a reg file or shortcut.: Is there any way I can create shortcut or reg file to enable/disable a rule of Inbound and Outbound of Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security? submitted by /u/npc73 [link] [comments]...
  6. Onedrive "Where are my files" shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Onedrive "Where are my files" shortcut: OK I made the big mistake of trying to setup OneDrive this morning and now can't fix a problem . OneDrive was syncing and then told me i don't have enough space. When I stopped the sync I now have a link on my desktop saying "Where are my Files". This seems to be the only way...
  7. Onedrive creates multiple files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive creates multiple files: Hello, Onedrive is creating multiple files, e.g. if file is salesdata it will create salesdata 1, salesdata 2 etc. I tried the following but did not fix it: Try to reset your Onedrive (Please note that no data will be lost because of below step) Windows Key+R >...
  8. Onedrive creates multiple files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive creates multiple files: Hello, Onedrive is creating multiple files, e.g. if file is salesdata it will create salesdata 1, salesdata 2 etc....
  9. Creating shortcuts freeze explorer / create tmp files.

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating shortcuts freeze explorer / create tmp files.: Hello, I currently have reformatted & installed Windows 10. I've been having this weird issue where if I rename / create shortcuts my computer will freeze. After about 15-20 seconds, explorer will restart and put files "~ew shortcut.tmp / New shortcut.lnk~RF3cc187.TMP" on my...
  10. Create OneDrive folder Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create OneDrive folder Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create OneDrive folder Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a OneDrive folder Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your PC, tablet, or phone. This tutorial...