Windows 10: Create Shortcut to User Account Folder

Discus and support Create Shortcut to User Account Folder in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; A friend has his user account buried in the Windows folder so any investigation requiring a subfolder that is not listed in his Quick Access requires... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Rose W, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Rose W Win User

Create Shortcut to User Account Folder

A friend has his user account buried in the Windows folder so any investigation requiring a subfolder that is not listed in his Quick Access requires drilling down...to the Users user account.
    My user account is at the top of the file explorer listing in the left side navigation panel-much easier.

Today I went on a search to find methods where he could have a shortcut that gets him to all the sub folders in his account.
    The most simple of those I found was typing %UserName% in the explorer address bar then when search complete dragging the resulting icon to the taskbar fileexplorer icon. This creates a pinned link to the Users\Name of user account. I tested this out as well as the SEND TO DESKTOP(shortcut results) from the actual user folder. Both work as expected.

Is there an alternative to this 'shortcut' method? I wondered if there was an actual Windows 10 routine for this.

Rose

:)

Rose W, Jan 5, 2019

2. shortcuts for all users

Hi,

Thank you for updating us on the issue.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know are you trying to create shortcut for all user?

If you are trying to create shortcut for all user try the below steps and check.

• Click on start menu and select
      file explorer

• Click on OS(CCreate Shortcut to User Account Folder :) and click on user folder.

• Click on view on top of the right pane and check on
      Hidden item box.

• Now you can copy and paste the shortcut that you want on the folder.
    Hope it this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 5, 2019
  3. RonZajac Win User
    "Create Shortcut" to a folder on a USB drive not working

Figured it out, and I have to admit it's (more than) a little embarrassing.

It turns out the generated shortcuts were being deposited elsewhere in the explorer folder window, out of sight.

The folder contents are sorted by Name, alphabetically, but with node type as a primary key, with folders at the top, using the List view. I have hundreds of folders in this folders, so I'm instigating this creation of a shortcut *of* a folder among a sea
    of folders in my list.

What was happening is that the Shortcut *was* being created, but deposited for viewing among the files, out of my sight. I accidentally tripped over scads of created shortcuts when I was scrolling along!

Since I normally create shortcuts of files (not folders), the new shortcut is usually deposited right alongside the target file. I expected this behavior when creating a shortcut for a folder, but it was a mistaken expectation.

Problem "solved"; a dumb User error fixed by a slightly smarter User.

Sorry for the red herring.

RonZajac, Jan 5, 2019
  4. Create Shortcut to User Account Folder

User Account Folder Name

Here's a workaround to rename the user account folder:

• Unlink your Microsoft Account from your Windows 10 device which will result for your account to be converted as a Local account.
    • Create a new Local account, name it using your preferred account and folder name then set it as Administrator.
    • Sign in to your Windows 10 device using the newly created local admin account.
    • Link your Microsoft Account to the newly created local admin account.

After doing the steps above, check if this resolves your concern. If so, migrate all your files from the old account to the new user account and delete the previous one.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerdimae Sal, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

Create Shortcut to User Account Folder

1. Create Shortcut to User Account Folder - Similar Threads - Create Shortcut User

2. Creating a Desktop Shortcut For Download Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating a Desktop Shortcut For Download Folder: Hi GangI'm using Windows 10 Pro and I'm familiar with how to create Desktop Shortcuts simply by using: 'Type Here To Search' and the options appear automatically to do so. However for some reason, the only option I get for a Desktop Shortcut For The Download Folder, is the...
  3. Creating a Desktop Shortcut For Download Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a Desktop Shortcut For Download Folder: Hi GangI'm using Windows 10 Pro and I'm familiar with how to create Desktop Shortcuts simply by using: 'Type Here To Search' and the options appear automatically to do so. However for some reason, the only option I get for a Desktop Shortcut For The Download Folder, is the...
  4. Can not create folder using shortcut

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not create folder using shortcut: Hello,I am using windows 10 pro and I can not create folder using its shortcut Ctrl+shift+n I can create folders using mouse right click but using shortcut is much easier my keyboard is working properly and my window is updated as well would be happy to hear your...
  5. Can not create folder using shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not create folder using shortcut: Hello,I am using windows 10 pro and I can not create folder using its shortcut Ctrl+shift+n I can create folders using mouse right click but using shortcut is much easier my keyboard is working properly and my window is updated as well would be happy to hear your...
  6. Can not create folder using shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Taskbar Search for user created shortcuts

in Cortana
    Taskbar Search for user created shortcuts: I have always used the Taskbar Search as a launcher for apps AND Internet Shortcuts. While the Taskbar Search still works for apps, it no longer finds Internet Shortcuts that I have created and saved in my Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs folder. I am using a work...
  8. created local user accounts not appearing at users folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    created local user accounts not appearing at users folder: problem at windows 10 home 1. users and groups not available at computer management. 2. i have created local user accountmultiple user accounts, but user account not created at users folder and not working/visible at lock/logging screen. 3. i have activated/enabled default...
  9. Create user account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Create user account: I want to create a user account apart from the admin account that I have on my pc with windows 10 how could I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-user-account/2952bb43-3771-4bf1-a45e-d1486e1390e0"
  10. Create Printers Folder Shortcut in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Printers Folder Shortcut in Windows: How to: Create Printers Folder Shortcut in Windows [img] Information The Printers folder allows you to see all printers in one location to make it easy to manage them. This tutorial will show you how to create or download a Printers folder shortcut in Windows 7,...