Windows 10: Create Slide to Shut down Shortcut in Windows 10

Discus and support Create Slide to Shut down Shortcut in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Create Slide to Shut down Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a 'Slide to Shut down' Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cluster Head, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Create Slide to Shut down Shortcut in Windows 10

How to: Create Slide to Shut down Shortcut in Windows 10

How to Create a 'Slide to Shut down' Shortcut in Windows 10

Create Slide to Shut down Shortcut in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information The slide to shut down feature will let you shut down your PC by simply sliding a touch screen down, or dragging a screen down. Currently you can only use slide to shut down by running the SlideToShutDown.exe file.

This tutorial will show you how to download or create a Slide to Shut down shortcut to slide to shut down your Windows 10 PC or device.

Note How to Use Slide to Shut down your PC:
    • Slide the slide to shut down screen to the bottom of the touch screen to shut down your PC.
    • Click and hold with mouse or touchpad and drag the slide to shut down screen to the bottom of the display and release to shut down your PC.
    • Press Enter while on the slide to shut down screen to shut down your PC.
    • Click/tap on the slide to shut down screen to cancel

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Download a Slide to Shut down Shortcut
    • Option Two: To Manually Create a Slide to Shut down Shortcut

EXAMPLE: Slide to Shut down your PC

OPTION ONE [/i] To Download a Slide to Shut down Shortcut
    1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .zip file below.
    Slide_to_Shut down_shortcut.zip

Download
    2. Save the .zip file to your desktop.

3. Unblock the .zip file.

4. Open the .zip file, and extract (drag and drop) the shortcut to your desktop.

5. If you like, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

6. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .zip file if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Manually Create a Slide to Shut down Shortcut
    1. Right click or press and hold on an empty area on your desktop, and click/tap on New and Shortcut.

2. Copy and paste the location below into the location area, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow %windir%\System32\SlideToShutDown.exe

3. Type Slide to Shut down for the name, and click/tap on the Finish button. (see screenshot below)
    NOTE: You could name this shortcut anything you would like though.

4. Right click or press and hold on the new Slide to Shut down shortcut, and click/tap on Properties.

5. Click/tap on the Shortcut tab, and click/tap on the Change Icon button. (see screenshot below)

6. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

7. In the line under "Look for icons in this file", copy and paste the location below, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow %SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll

8. Select the icon highlighted in blue above, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot above)
    NOTE: You could use any icon that you would like instead though.

9. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below step 5)

10. If you like, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Cluster Head, Jun 1, 2016
  2. Frick Win User

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Keyboard shortcuts to open programs:

Create a shortcut on the desktop to whatever program you want. Right click -> Properties and fill in the field there. Sadly the shortcut needs to remain on the desktop, but you can hide it.

Fun fact: If you had keyboard shortcuts for programs pinned to your Windows 7 start menu, those shortcuts still work when you update to Windows 10.

Frick, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Create Slide to Shut down Shortcut in Windows 10

How to create a shortcut for a keyboard shortcut.

Hi Marcos,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are willing to create Keyboard shortcut on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps in the below Microsoft article to create
    a keyboard shortcut for an app.

Create keyboard shortcuts to open desktop apps

Note: The troubleshooting steps in the above link are meant for windows 8, however, you can use the same for windows 10 as well.

Refer below article for more information on Keyboard shortcuts.

Keyboard shortcuts

Please post back with above information and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Unable to create shortcuts in Windows 10

Hi Terry,

Provide us with additional information to assist you further:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Does this issue confined to create a shortcut for any specific application?

As a workaround, I suggest you to try creating shortcuts in Safe mode with networking and check if it helps.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Follow the below steps to place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.

• Type msconfig
      and press Enter.

• In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.

• Select Start-up selection
      as Normal startup, click on Apply and
      Ok

• Follow onscreen instructions.

Reply to the post with the required information and brief description about this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Anak Win User
    Create a Shortcut to shut down the computer.

Hi,

JJ, do you still have the shortcut you created? If you do can you right click on it and go to the bottom of the context menu and left or right click on Properties.

It should open to this, the shortcut tab:

Right click on the blue highlighted target line and copy. Paste that target line into your next post, we need to see how the command is set.

I have both a shutdown and restart shortcut on my desktop.

And these are the CMDs I use for them:
    Code:
    The s switch is for shutdown and the r switch is for restart.
    The t switch sets the time to wait before actually starting the cmd and in my case 00 stands for immediately as soon as I click on the shortcut.

@Brink , Hi,
    • I notice the CMDs don't need an elevated prompt anymore in 10 ?
    • And forward slashes are used instead of dashes ?
    Is this new for 10? I've been using my targets since w98 and they work, although now in 10 I have to click yes for the UAC. *Sad

Thema:

Create Slide to Shut down Shortcut in Windows 10

1. Create Slide to Shut down Shortcut in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Create Slide Shut

2. slide to shut down option coming in window 10 again and again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    slide to shut down option coming in window 10 again and again: Slide to shut down screen occurs again and again in window 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slide-to-shut-down-option-coming-in-window-10/d934588e-e34d-458c-8e88-81f8bcc693bd
  3. slide to shut down option coming in window 10 again and again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    slide to shut down option coming in window 10 again and again: Slide to shut down screen occurs again and again in window 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slide-to-shut-down-option-coming-in-window-10/d934588e-e34d-458c-8e88-81f8bcc693bd
  4. slide to shut down option coming in window 10 again and again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Slide to shut down disapeared on Surface Pro 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slide to shut down disapeared on Surface Pro 8: Hey,When I bought my Surface Pro 8, there was a cool option "slide to shut down" to prevent shutting down the computer after accidentally hitting the shut down button.Now it's just not there whenever I hit the power button, the computer simply shut down.It's kinda bad because...
  6. Automatically - SLide to shut down appears on my screen and shuts down the laptop - please...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatically - SLide to shut down appears on my screen and shuts down the laptop - please...: Hi,Automatically Slide to shut down appears - I dont even touch the computer and it shuts down. Please HelpRegardsMegha Chowdhary https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatically-slide-to-shut-down-appears-on-my/c8a60b53-178f-4111-b74f-71e2756f7586
  7. Slide to shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slide to shut down: Hi I need help diabling slide to shut down option in my windows 11. I need my laptop to switch off quickly after i press power button, having another swipe to make it shut down is the most ennoying "feature" i have ever seen in windows over the years....
  8. Slide to shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slide to shut down: Hi I need help diabling slide to shut down option in my windows 11. I need my laptop to switch off quickly after i press power button, having another swipe to make it shut down is the most ennoying "feature" i have ever seen in windows over the years....
  9. Application "Slide to shut down"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Application "Slide to shut down": [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/eq2b3884dyl61.png?width=99&format=png&auto=webp&s=bae69b13d47f840bd2e0282cb4b99078874f1ae1 Don't know why you would use it but hey, it's cool submitted by /u/Bastik0606 [link] [comments]...
  10. Create a Shortcut to shut down the computer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Create a Shortcut to shut down the computer.: Win 10 version 1809 I would like to create a shortcut to shutdown the computer and have created one following the instructions in How to Create A Shutdown Shortcut on Windows 10 Desktop but I can't make it work. Nothing happens when I double click the shortcut's icon. Will...