Windows 10: Create Solid Color Background for Desktop Icons for Win10

Discus and support Create Solid Color Background for Desktop Icons for Win10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use nature pictures for my desktop background. The icon symbols and titles on my desktop tend to fade into the photo. I want to choose a solid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HeidiHackney, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Create Solid Color Background for Desktop Icons for Win10

I use nature pictures for my desktop background. The icon symbols and titles on my desktop tend to fade into the photo. I want to choose a solid background for the tiles on the desktop to keep the name and image of the icon visible. I've managed to change the text color, but I want the field of each individual icon to have it's own color to help with visibility while keeping my photo background in place. Thank you!

:)

HeidiHackney, Nov 16, 2018

2. change desktop background color

Hi,

To change the desktop background into a solid color, see the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop, and select Personalize.
    • Under Personalization, select Background.
    • On the right pane, click on the drop-down menu for Background, and then select
      Solid color.
    • Choose your preferred color and it should immediately make changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Windows 10 desktop background settings frozen on Solid Colors

Hi,

My Win10 desktop > Personalize > Backround setting does not allow changing to Picture or SlideShow. When I select either one, it reverts to "Solid color" option, and only allows me to select a solid color. I have checked ease of access and the desktop restrictions
    there are not applied, I have also renamed the Transcoded wallpaper file in appdata/roaming/microsoft/windows/themes to _old which was suggested as a solution in one post. Have restarted laptop but no effect. I suspect I have hit a key while my laptop was
    docked since I faintly remember the desktop turning black.

What could have changed so that only solid colors are allowed as desktop background theme?

And yes, it's a business laptop with official windows license.

Thanks for any help.

Outi Kalska, Nov 16, 2018
  4. Create Solid Color Background for Desktop Icons for Win10

Solid White as a Background

hey,

As I can see, no white background appears in the list of Solid colors.

You may google White picture, save it to the desktop and set it as desktop background.

Create Solid Color Background for Desktop Icons for Win10 2560x1440-white-solid-color-background.jpg

I have added one image here also, if you can see.

Sumit Dhiman2, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

Create Solid Color Background for Desktop Icons for Win10

1. Create Solid Color Background for Desktop Icons for Win10 - Similar Threads - Create Solid Color

2. Desktop Icon Background Color

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icon Background Color: OS: Windows 10 Pro Version: 20H2 Just recently I noticed some desktop icons have a blue background (see pic below) when, before, they were transparent. They didn't have this until today. Does anyone know how I can revert back to desktop icons with transparent backgrounds?...
  3. solid color background

in Windows 10 Customization
    solid color background: Hello there , I've read somewhere that using solid color background in win7 would cause 30 sec delay in the boot up. what about windows 10 ? what is the best desktop background regarding performance in win10 ? thanks ....
  4. Windows 10 periodically changes my desktop background to a solid color

Windows 10 periodically changes my desktop background to a solid color: This, despite choosing a slideshow. Only way to fix it that I can find is to reboot. Tried deleting the transcodedwallpaper file located here: C:\Users\jef\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\TranscodedWallpaper but it just recreates itself and nothing changes....
  5. Unable to change Black solid color desktop background image.

Unable to change Black solid color desktop background image.: After mistakenly installing and then removing an OEM manufacturers program on my Win 10 notebook, my desktop background image is now solid black. On the Personalisation screen, Background tab, this message "*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your...
  6. Win10 Background and desktop colors

Win10 Background and desktop colors: I installed Win 10 on my Pavilion dv6. I tried to set different background & desktop colors. I tried the high contrast setting at one point but returned it to normal. I can't remember all the color changes I did try. In any case, the changes made Photoshop .jpgs appear...
  7. A Solid Colored Background Blocks My Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A Solid Colored Background Blocks My Screen: A solid colored background blocks my screen out of the blue. It was the same color as the taskbar. I tried to get rid of it by putting my computer on sleep mode, and then waking it up in a few seconds. How can I stop that solid colored background from blocking my screen out...
  8. Desktop background picture changes to solid color

Desktop background picture changes to solid color: When I right click on one of my own photos and ask to have it set as my desktop background the choice changes from picture to solid color instead of showing my photo... I've tried most everything to no avail.....
  9. Solid Color of Individual Desktop Icons for Win10

Solid Color of Individual Desktop Icons for Win10: I use nature pictures for my desktop background. The icon symbols and titles on my desktop tend to fade into the photo. I want to choose a solid background for the tiles on the desktop to keep the name and image of the icon visible. I've managed to change the text color,...
  10. Can I Expand the Number of Solid Colors for the Desktop Background?

Can I Expand the Number of Solid Colors for the Desktop Background?: Hello, everyone. I am using Windows 10 Anniversary Edition. I have a question about setting solid colors for the desktop background. I am currently in Settings/Personalization/Background. I've set the Background option to Solid Colors. There is a limited quantity of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. background for icons

2. solid color desktop background

3. solid color icons

4. white desktop wallpaper win10,
  5. create solid white desktop,
  6. win10 solid color wallpaper,
  7. solid background on desktop icoms,
  8. desktop icon in solid background,
  9. want the field of each individual icon to have its own color to help with visibility while keeping my photo background in place.,
  10. want the field of each individual icon to have its own color to help with visibility while keeping my photo background in place