Windows 10: Create System Image Error Windows Could Not Find Backup Device

Discus and support Create System Image Error Windows Could Not Find Backup Device in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear Sir Hope all is well , Yesterday i have upgraded my Win 10 Pro From 1909 to Win 10 2004 Version, Everything looks fine but when i want to take... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by faheem khaliq, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Create System Image Error Windows Could Not Find Backup Device

Dear Sir

Hope all is well , Yesterday i have upgraded my Win 10 Pro From 1909 to Win 10 2004 Version, Everything looks fine but when i want to take system image for backup and Click "Create System Image" after so,e time Error appears " Windows Could Not Find Backup Device on this PC " I am using WD My passport external drive As Backup device for long time and never saw such thing. In Win 1909 its working and i used to take manual backups a lot.

Other Details:

Laptop : HP Probook 4520S

CPU I5 M480 @ 2.67 GHZ

RAM 4 GB

Windows : 2004

Version : 19041.329

Create System Image Error Windows Could Not Find Backup Device f931f90d-18b2-4fe8-8284-617ec03d7de3?upload=true.jpg

Create System Image Error Windows Could Not Find Backup Device 23dece75-127c-4b11-b4ca-d4b10afeb6e5?upload=true.jpg

:)

faheem khaliq, Jul 4, 2020
  2. Leo0123 Win User

Create System Image - Windows could not find backup devices

Hi,

When trying to create a system image I get the following error - any ideas anyone?

Create System Image Error Windows Could Not Find Backup Device [​IMG]

I have HDD attached but they are encypted with bitlocker. Prior to upgrade I had no issues.

Cheers,

Leo0123, Jul 4, 2020
  3. Leo0123 Win User
    Create System Image - Windows could not find backup devices

Hi,

HDD is below - it does seem like I can select the partition I want to backup? Should I be ok? for example - I have a empty HDD and then if I restore the image will it work some partitions not included? Or should I do all partitions

Create System Image Error Windows Could Not Find Backup Device [​IMG]

Any recommendations on the settings for full and differential? I just want to keep 3 versions of the last images I have made and no more than that really? So do I have the settings as 1 full and 2 differential?

Cheers

Leo0123, Jul 4, 2020
  4. Create System Image Error Windows Could Not Find Backup Device

Creating a System Image backup - keeps looping

Hi,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you with the query.

I understand the inconvenience caused, now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

The system image is exactly like the mirrored copy of the Operating System which contains the configuration of the Operating System. When you create backup system image your windows 10 comes back to the same position at when the image was created earlier.

As an initial step, I suggest you to make sure that the services required for backup to run successfully is enabled. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows + R
      keys, type services.msc and press Enter.

• In the services window, locate the services
      File history service
      and the Volume shadow copy service and check if they are running.

• If they are not running, right-click and select
      Start to manually start the service.

• Check if you are able to create a backup now.
    Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article created by

Andre Da Costa
    and check if it helps.

How to: Create a system image in Windows 10

How to: Create a system image in Windows 10

Step 2: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to boot the computer in a clean boot state and then check.

Booting the computer in a clean boot state can reduce software conflicts and help identify the root cause of the issue. You can refer to this article for more information:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, reset the computer to start as usual. Refer to the step
    How to set the computer to start as usual after clean boot troubleshooting under more information.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

Create System Image Error Windows Could Not Find Backup Device

1. Create System Image Error Windows Could Not Find Backup Device - Similar Threads - Create System Image

2. Create A System Image Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create A System Image Backup: I'm trying to create a system image backup of my Windows 10 machine in case something goes wrong with one of its components, and unfortunately it says "Backup failed. Not enough disk space.". This is despite the fact that my external hard drive has 2.34 TB of free disk space,...
  3. Create A System Image Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create A System Image Backup: I'm trying to create a system image backup of my Windows 10 machine in case something goes wrong with one of its components, and unfortunately it says "Backup failed. Not enough disk space.". This is despite the fact that my external hard drive has 2.34 TB of free disk space,...
  4. Create A System Image Backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Create a backup system image

Create a backup system image: Having a real issue with creating a backup system image on my wife's laptop.The last one was created January 23, 2022 with no problems but we have tried about five times and it completes to about 97% and then stalls. Looking at it, the backup is shown as still working but we...
  6. Create a backup system image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create a backup system image: Having a real issue with creating a backup system image on my wife's laptop.The last one was created January 23, 2022 with no problems but we have tried about five times and it completes to about 97% and then stalls. Looking at it, the backup is shown as still working but we...
  7. Create a backup system image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Error 0x81000036, Windows could not find backup devices

in Windows 10 News
    Error 0x81000036, Windows could not find backup devices: [ATTACH]In this article, we will describe the possible solutions for Error 0x81000036, Windows could not find backup devices. Some Windows 10 users have reported that they received an error 0x81000036 on their system during an attempt to create a system image backup. When...
  9. Create backup system image

Create backup system image: Trying to back up my hard drive as a "system image". I see the option in the videos, but when I click on Settings, Backup, the "system image" option is not there. It just says "save these files" and lists a bunch of data files. How to create a system image? The Microsoft...
  10. Create System Image - Windows could not find backup devices

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Create System Image - Windows could not find backup devices: Hi, When trying to create a system image I get the following error - any ideas anyone? [img] I have HDD attached but they are encypted with bitlocker. Prior to upgrade I had no issues. Cheers, 28828