Windows 10: "Create Text File" Option Missing from NEW submenu

Discus and support "Create Text File" Option Missing from NEW submenu in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As a totally-blind user, I have relied heavily on the "Create Text File" option in the New submenu for an easy way to create a batch file, play list,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hautbois16DavePlumlee, Sep 28, 2020.

1. "Create Text File" Option Missing from NEW submenu

As a totally-blind user, I have relied heavily on the "Create Text File" option in the New submenu for an easy way to create a batch file, play list, and other pure text files in Notepad. Sadly, this option is GONE! I found a Registry Edit issued by the Microsoft Answer Desk which, when executed, was supposed to restore that Text File option for me; again, sadly, that function didn't work to restore the option for me. It is sad indeed when something issued by the Microsoft Answer Desk doesn't live up to what it promises. So I want to know: HOW CAN I RELIABLY GET THAT OPTION ON THE NEW SUBMENU TO CREATE A TEXT FILE? The truth is that I don't know why Microsoft removed that option in the first place. I DON'T WANT A RICH TEXT FORMAT FILE!

:)

Hautbois16DavePlumlee, Sep 28, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Sep 28, 2020
  3. JimWynne Win User
    Create Compressed File Option Missing

I stand corrected. I had WinRAR installed, and mine was showing an option to create a new compressed folder using WinRAR. Just for fun, I uninstalled it and sure, enough, the option to create a new compressed folder was there. Have a look at the options

here
    for restoring or adding the option.

JimWynne, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Mr AMX Win User

"Create Text File" Option Missing from NEW submenu

How to create a new text file using file explore

My IT support for a back up software I am running and having problems with, gave me a solution which included me going to the root of C: in file explore and adding a new text file.

I found that I could only add a new folder. They had told me to right click in an empty spot and a new text line would appear, but this option does not exist. They suggested writing the new text file and copy and past it to C: but that action would not work
    either.

Am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions?

OS is Win 10.

Mr AMX, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

"Create Text File" Option Missing from NEW submenu

1. "Create Text File" Option Missing from NEW submenu - Similar Threads - Create Text File

2. New text file option missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New text file option missing: Hi,My context menu is missing New / Text File. Maybe i've installed an app that has stomped on it or whatever. How can I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-text-file-option-missing/1d9017ff-b95e-4904-bc0f-eb21f001e4e7
  3. New text file option missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New text file option missing: Hi,My context menu is missing New / Text File. Maybe i've installed an app that has stomped on it or whatever. How can I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-text-file-option-missing/1d9017ff-b95e-4904-bc0f-eb21f001e4e7
  4. Option to create Text Document missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Option to create Text Document missing: Others have asked this Question & got replies with a link but the link only has rich text document download so i would like a correct link to the actual text document download please. or a better solution....
  5. Option to create Text Document missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Option to create Text Document missing: Others have asked this Question & got replies with a link but the link only has rich text document download so i would like a correct link to the actual text document download please. or a better solution....
  6. Option to create Text Document missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Create Compressed File Option Missing from right click

Create Compressed File Option Missing from right click: When I right-click and go to New, I don't get the Create Compressed File Folder option anymore. It disappeared after installing a trial of WinZip. I uninstalled Winzip thinking it would return, but it didn't. I tried this command from the Command Prompt, assoc...
  8. Create New "Text Document" Option Is Missing From Windows Context Menu

Create New "Text Document" Option Is Missing From Windows Context Menu: Hello Community, The option for creating new "Text Document" is no longer available in Windows context menu. What's wrong. Please help me. [ATTACH]...
  9. How to compare text files to create a new file?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to compare text files to create a new file?: One notepad file was installed on multiple computers. When each computer was used the notepad file was updated. Text was added, removed, or modified over time to each of the files. The files are very different now for the same file name. What software is available that could...
  10. Folders Missing From 'File Explorer' Submenu in Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders Missing From 'File Explorer' Submenu in Start: Hopefully someone can help. I've found repeatedly (across four separate installations) that in Windows 10 the Folders and files I have Pinned in Quick Access disappear from the Submenu in Start after a while (see screenshot). [img] I've tried everything I can think...