Windows 10: Create UBUNTU partition backup with WINDOWS 10pro to vdi Virtual Box

Discus and support Create UBUNTU partition backup with WINDOWS 10pro to vdi Virtual Box in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a pc machine with an ssd disk shared with Windows10pro/Ubuntu.(ext3) and dual boot. Windows10 is running and I dont have physical access to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/biooib, Jun 22, 2020.

1. /u/biooib Win User

Create UBUNTU partition backup with WINDOWS 10pro to vdi Virtual Box

I have a pc machine with an ssd disk shared with Windows10pro/Ubuntu.(ext3) and dual boot.

Windows10 is running and I dont have physical access to the pc, only remote Desktop.

I need to create an Ubuntu partition image backup and convert to vdi Virtual Box.

I've tried DiskToVhd, but only appears NTFS partitions not Ubuntu EXT3.

Do you know any solucion to all this, please?

submitted by /u/biooib
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/biooib, Jun 22, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Frenggie Win User
    Why does Virtual Box delete/hide my .vdi files?

I tried to to download and set up a virtual machine in virtual box with the Python Kivy vdi for creating kivy android apps with buildozer. My problem is that the default disk space on the vdi isn't that big (6 - 8 Gbit), so there is not enough space for me to install all the tools I need. When I tried to manually increase the disk size and this website I mentioned that the .dvi file was missing in my "VirtualBox VMs" folder. I don't know if the vdi file was deleted or is just hidden by virtual box.

Just in case: My host system is Windows 10

Many thanks in advance!

Frenggie, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Create UBUNTU partition backup with WINDOWS 10pro to vdi Virtual Box

Ubuntu 10.04 via virtual box

Ubuntu 10.04 via virtual box [SOLVED]

my set up:
    dell XPS M1530
    windows 7 Pro 64>Virtual box 3.2.6>Ubuntu 10.04
    cat6 direct to Cox hub.
    awardspace.com host
    godaddy domain
    kompozer HTML editor

when I use all the same FTP info (ftp host, username, password) in windows, it works and uploads to my server crazy fast. I delete those files from the server, then disconnect. then when I try connecting to my server using Kompozer in my virtualbox it "publishes" successfully but when I go to my web page, its still the host's 404 error page...is there something I have to do to configure virtual box to allow uploading?

Braveheart, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Create UBUNTU partition backup with WINDOWS 10pro to vdi Virtual Box

1. Create UBUNTU partition backup with WINDOWS 10pro to vdi Virtual Box - Similar Threads - Create UBUNTU partition

2. Creating a Windows VM using Virtual Box

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creating a Windows VM using Virtual Box: I want to learn some stuff , and want to avoid using my personal laptop for experimentation. So, I have decided to use a VM and install Windows in it. But, I have some confusions regarding the use of Retail CD Keys of Windows and Office. P.S - I know that any CD Key can be...
  3. Creating a Windows VM using Virtual Box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a Windows VM using Virtual Box: I want to learn some stuff , and want to avoid using my personal laptop for experimentation. So, I have decided to use a VM and install Windows in it. But, I have some confusions regarding the use of Retail CD Keys of Windows and Office. P.S - I know that any CD Key can be...
  4. Creating a Windows VM using Virtual Box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Getting error while installing Ubuntu on virtual box in windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Getting error while installing Ubuntu on virtual box in windows 10: Failed to open a session for the virtual machine ubuntu-20.04.3.Not in a hypervisor partition HVP=0 VERR_NEM_NOT_AVAILABLE.AMD-V is disabled in the BIOS or by the host OS VERR_SVM_DISABLED.Result Code:E_FAIL 0x80004005Component:ConsoleWrapInterface:IConsole...
  6. Getting error while installing Ubuntu on virtual box in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting error while installing Ubuntu on virtual box in windows 10: Failed to open a session for the virtual machine ubuntu-20.04.3.Not in a hypervisor partition HVP=0 VERR_NEM_NOT_AVAILABLE.AMD-V is disabled in the BIOS or by the host OS VERR_SVM_DISABLED.Result Code:E_FAIL 0x80004005Component:ConsoleWrapInterface:IConsole...
  7. Getting error while installing Ubuntu on virtual box in windows 10

8. WSL/Ubuntu Install on Citrix VDI

WSL/Ubuntu Install on Citrix VDI: Hi, We're looking to install WSL and Ubuntu on our VDIs and I'm running into issues. I was wanting to check if anyone has successfully got this working? Our environment:AppLayering with PVS.The layers have internet access but the VDIs don't.FSLogix is used for profile...
  9. Virtual box

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virtual box: Can someone help me, I'm having a problem in the virtual box in my windows 10 laptop it said it's a "failure to open a session" in ubuntu 20.04. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-box/335c9c84-7962-42f2-9ae6-758b64c9ccd4
  10. Create a backup of Windows 10 and install Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create a backup of Windows 10 and install Ubuntu: I have Windows 10 installed in my laptop. I would like to install Ubuntu OS by removing windows 10 from hard drive. But I would like to install the Windows 10 in future. So I need to back up windows 10 How can I do it ?...