Windows 10: create user and login without email

Discus and support create user and login without email in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I would like to create a user name and password for the computer WITHOUT an email account. It is for my 8yold son so that I can set parental... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by benjames3, Dec 31, 2018.

1. benjames3 Win User

create user and login without email

I would like to create a user name and password for the computer WITHOUT an email account. It is for my 8yold son so that I can set parental restrictions.

:)

benjames3, Dec 31, 2018

2. Email

Hello,

Thank you for reaching us on the forum with your concern.

As per the issue description you have two email id's and you want to change your secondary email to primary on your pc.

I would suggest you to switch the login account to Local user account. Then switch back to Microsoft account which you want to use. You may follow the steps provided below:

Step 1: Switch to local user account

Follow these steps to create a “Local User account”.

• Press “Windows key +W”.
    • Type “users” without quotes in the search box.
    • Then select “Users” from the left panel.
    • You will get an option “Switch to a Local account” right below your user account name.
    • Select “Switch to a local account” option.
    • Enter the required details.
    • Then login to the local account and check how it works.

Step 2: Switch back to Microsoft account

Follow these steps to create a “Microsoft account”.

• Press “Windows key +W”.
    • Type “users” without quotes in the search box.
    • Then select “Users” from the left panel.
    • Select “Switch to Microsoft account” right below your user account name.
    • Enter the required details (Primary Email ID).
    • Restart the computer and then try to login using new Primary account.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jan 10, 2020
  3. otosnede Win User
    User account info lost after changing login email

create user and login without email [​IMG]

I recently changed my main Microsoft account login email and after doing so, all my 10 machines no longer show my name on the login screen (shows my email address twice) or in the Start menu (only shows the email address) and as you can see in the above screenshot, permissions no longer show as my login and email address.

Things I've done so far to try and correct it:
    1. Change my account to local login, then back to my Microsoft login, which temporarily corrected it, but then after a few restarts, the info gets lost again
    2. Manually added my name in Computer Management > System Tools > Local Users and Groups > Users... this fixed it, but again, only until a restart
    Has anyone else experienced something like this and no of a way to correct it (and make it stick)?

otosnede, Jan 10, 2020
  4. St Alfred Win User

Cannot create a new user account that can be login.

Hi Tryx3, thank you very much for your comprehensive solution. Just to throw another spanner in the works I came across the following when I opened the C:\Users to look at the NTUSER.dat file in the Default folder.

• There are separate folders for every user in the system. I can see folders for all the standard and administrator users that works but
      none for those that have had the profile failure error.
    • I tried creating a new standard (non Microsoft a/c) user again and it seemed to have generated the new user. On the Windows login in screen there was the icon for the new account but when I clicked on it, the same profile failure message appeared.
    • Went back in to C:\Users and sure enough there was no folder for that new user.
    • It seems Windows is creating the login but not a folder for the new user.
    Maybe the reason I'm getting the profile loading error is because Windows created the login but not the user folder that contains his NTUSER.dat, files and subfolders, consequently can't find the profile to load.

What can you suggest. I am trying to search the Web to find if anyone has a similar problem / solution. Maybe as a last resort will have to use Windows Recovery function that retain my data files.

St Alfred, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

1. create user and login without email - Similar Threads - create user login

2. How to create a user profile without logging in?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to create a user profile without logging in?: Hello,We are preparing a new Windows image. After sysprep, some user profiles should be created automatically and certain files should be copied to their profiles. I have found this command to create a user profile "runas /env /profile /user:<domain>\<username> cmd.exe", but...
  3. Windows created a new user without permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows created a new user without permission: Hello I got a question, One day when I switched on my computer it had a new user called administrator, the funny part about this user is that I didn't create it. I go to family and setting but the user it's self does not show up there so I am unable to delete it...
  4. Creating Domain User Profile Without Logging In

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Creating Domain User Profile Without Logging In: Hi All, As we become an increasingly remote workforce, I would like to get away from asking for user credentials completely and make it so I can deploy a new computer to a user without having to log into their account. It's hard for an IT Administrator to enforce the IT...
  5. Create new user without email (child) with simply name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Create new user without email (child) with simply name: How can I, the user with Administrative Privileges, create a new user in Windows without an email? If I can't do that, how can I have the user name be something like "George" instead of *** Email address is removed for privacy ***?...
  6. User without email

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User without email: I have a new Windows 10 system. I created my account with a Microsoft ID. Now I want to create one with just a username. I found this:...
  7. Creating User without sign in information

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creating User without sign in information: I am trying to create a new Administrator user in my laptop. I do not have the sign in information thus i clicked I don't have this persons sign in informations. When i clicked on it, the message came as Something went wrong. [ATTACH] What am i suppose to do now? I...
  8. Creating new user - Login error ??

Creating new user - Login error ??: Hi there all... I have what I believe is a commonproblem on my Windows 10 I currently only have 1 user (Admin)... when Icreate a new user, I get the login error.. 'User Profile Can Not beLoaded' A search shows me this is a common error, thereare various fixes shown...
  9. Change user email login

Change user email login: I deleted my old email at live.com and created a new Outlook.com email which I use to login to Microsoft. The old bredband email has been deleted but how do I update the email address aat the login screen to show the new one without creating a new account? What I am trying...
  10. Can One Create User without creating a Email account?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can One Create User without creating a Email account?: I am just dumb founded that I cannot create a user account without creating a email account for the user. I don't want to create a email for a child. This is unacceptable. Is there any way to create one without the invasion. 70463