Windows 10: Create Windows 10/11 ISO Image from Existing Installation

Discus and support Create Windows 10/11 ISO Image from Existing Installation in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello there! My name is Rufiq. It's the first time to create a post on Microsoft Community. I want to create Windows 11 or Windows 11 ISO Image from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rufiq Cavadov1, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Create Windows 10/11 ISO Image from Existing Installation

Hello there! My name is Rufiq. It's the first time to create a post on Microsoft Community. I want to create Windows 11 or Windows 11 ISO Image from Existing Installation. What do you recommend for me?

:)

Rufiq Cavadov1, Nov 24, 2022
  2. KabyBlue Win User

Create Windows 10 ISO image from Existing Installation  

Thnx for the response.

So that would mean that we technically don't need to use the "/bootable" parameter in step 4.4 of the first page of this tutorial, correct?

Create Windows 10/11 ISO Image from Existing Installation [​IMG]

KabyBlue, Nov 24, 2022
  3. Kari Win User

The tutorial has been mostly rewritten today to be more up to date with latest changes in Windows 10. Some additional steps required earlier have been removed and instructions somewhat simplified.

An example: Making ISO as told in Part One no longer requires Windows being reset which makes the whole process a lot faster and easier.

To remind you about various options, here's a quote from beginning of tutorial:

Information The ISO image made as per instructions in this tutorial will be based on an existing Windows 10 installation. Tutorial shows you three alternative methods to create an ISO image, depending on your needs:

• Part One: Standard Windows 10 ISO install media
      • An "Out of the box" ISO, as any standard Windows 10 ISO image you can download from Microsoft. Alternative for ESD to ISO and UUP to ISO methods
      • This ISO will be generalized meaning it is hardware independent and can be used to install Windows on any computer capable of running Windows 10, regardless if the machine is a legacy BIOS machine with MBR partitioning, or a UEFI machine with GPT partitioning
    • Part Two: Custom ISO with pre-installed software & pre-set user accounts
      • This option creates a Windows 10 ISO which already contains your preferred user accounts with all their settings, customisations and personalisations, preferred pre-installed software and so on
      • Using this ISO to install Windows is much faster than installing with standard ISO, at the same time making installing your standard software unnecessary as it's already pre-installed
      • Clean install will skip OOBE (Windows Setup) because user accounts and settings already exist
      • As the ISO is not generalized and it contains all existing user accounts and data it should only be used to install Windows on your home computers
    • Part Three: Custom ISO with pre-installed software, no user accounts
      • As in Part Two but a generalized ISO image without any pre-set user accounts, with pre-installed software, desktop, File Explorer and Start customisations
      • All customisations and personalisations will automatically be applied to all new user accounts
      • Clean install will perform a normal OOBE, asking for regional settings, initial user and so on
      • This ISO will be generalized meaning it is hardware independent and can be used to install Windows on any computer capable of running Windows 10, regardless if the machine is a legacy BIOS machine with MBR partitioning, or a UEFI machine with GPT partitioning
    Select Part One, Two or Three to prepare Windows for image capture according to your needs, continue from Part Four to capture Windows install image and create the ISO image.

ISO images will be bootable on both BIOS / MBR and UEFI / GPT systems.

4. Kari Win User

Create Windows 10/11 ISO Image from Existing Installation

Try this:

Code:
    Code:
    choco list | Out-GridView
    It gives you a full list of all packages available. Notice that as there are closer to 5,000 packages available, it will take some time for the list to be populated (several minutes!):

(Click to enlarge.)

When populated, you can filter the list. Here I have selected to show only those packages with word Office in package name:

Thema:

Create Windows 10/11 ISO Image from Existing Installation

1. Create Windows 10/11 ISO Image from Existing Installation - Similar Threads - Create ISO Image

2. Create system recovery image from existing system image not created with Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create system recovery image from existing system image not created with Windows: I have a Macintosh with Windows 10 running on Bootcamp that I was trying to upgrade, but unfortunately I accidentally corrupted the macOS Catalina partition while attempting to repartition the hard drive using Windows, which also corrupted the bootloader and rendered both...
  3. Create system recovery image from existing system image not created with Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create system recovery image from existing system image not created with Windows: I have a Macintosh with Windows 10 running on Bootcamp that I was trying to upgrade, but unfortunately I accidentally corrupted the macOS Catalina partition while attempting to repartition the hard drive using Windows, which also corrupted the bootloader and rendered both...
  4. Create system recovery image from existing system image not created with Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Create Windows 10/11 ISO Image from Existing Installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create Windows 10/11 ISO Image from Existing Installation: Hello there! My name is Rufiq. It's the first time to create a post on Microsoft Community. I want to create Windows 11 or Windows 11 ISO Image from Existing Installation. What do you recommend for me?...
  6. Cannot create .ISO image of Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot create .ISO image of Win 11: I am trying to save an .ISO image of my Windows 11 installation. I have Win11 installed on a 230GB SSD inside my HP EliteDesk mini pc. The target drive I want to save the .ISO to is a 2TB standard HD. The problem is I am getting a pop up after I start the image save, saying I...
  7. Cannot create .ISO image of Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot create .ISO image of Win 11: I am trying to save an .ISO image of my Windows 11 installation. I have Win11 installed on a 230GB SSD inside my HP EliteDesk mini pc. The target drive I want to save the .ISO to is a 2TB standard HD. The problem is I am getting a pop up after I start the image save, saying I...
  8. Creating a Windows 10 image from current install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating a Windows 10 image from current install: Hi Guys, I have an issue that I would need your help or suggestions with. I would like to create a Windows installation ISO or Media, which should be fully based on a current install. It contains some programs, drivers, custom fonts, and printer settings. I would like to...
  9. Create Windows 10 ISO image from other win10 iso files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create Windows 10 ISO image from other win10 iso files: Hi. I want a GUI program that i can choose from 2 or more win10 or other windows image files what i want and the final result would be one bootable iso file. Is there any GUI program for win7 that i can do these things? Please help me. 157126
  10. Create Windows 10 ISO image from Existing Installation

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Windows 10 ISO image from Existing Installation: How to: Create Windows 10 ISO image from Existing Installation How to create a Windows 10 ISO image for clean, in-place upgrade and repair install [img] Information Since beginning of tutorial). With it we could create DVD / USB install media to be used in clean,...