Windows 10: Create Windows 11 Bootable USB on Mac with M1 Chip

Discus and support Create Windows 11 Bootable USB on Mac with M1 Chip in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft community,I am a newbie in here. Sorry if this is a dumb question. As a long time Mac users. I decided to give a try on Windows 11. So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PattieJoe, Nov 18, 2021.

1. PattieJoe Win User

Create Windows 11 Bootable USB on Mac with M1 Chip

Hello Microsoft community,I am a newbie in here. Sorry if this is a dumb question. As a long time Mac users. I decided to give a try on Windows 11. So I build a PC for myself and plan to install Windows 11 on it. My question is how to create a Windows 11 bootable USB on a Mac running Apple Silicon Chip M1?I did a search in Bing but most of the posts are out of dated. Also some folks recommend giving a try on commands but I am really not comfortable with this. Hope someone would point a right direction on this.Thanks

:)

PattieJoe, Nov 18, 2021
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Nov 18, 2021
  3. Creating a bootable USB windows 10

You can create a bootable copy on your Mac using unetbootin for Mac:

UNetbootin - Homepage and Downloads

Download the Windows 10 ISO in macOS:

Download Windows 10 ISO Files Directly Using Your Web Browser

Select the Disk Image radio box, choose ISO, click the browse button (represented by an ellipsis …), browse to the Windows 10 ISO file then click
    Open. Chose the medium from the Type list box—in this case, your USB drive. Click in the drive list box then select your USB thumb drive. Click OK to create the bootable copy.

Create Windows 11 Bootable USB on Mac with M1 Chip create-pcunlocker-usb-mac.png

Once your bootable copy is created, you can proceed to configure your BIOS to boot from the install media then install Windows 10:

BIOS/UEFI Setup Guide: Boot from a CD, DVD, USB Drive or SD Card

Andre Da Costa, Nov 18, 2021
  4. Create Windows 11 Bootable USB on Mac with M1 Chip

Create bootable usb for UEFI on mac os Sierra

I have a mac book pro (mid 2010) and os Sierra and I want to create a Windows bootable USB stick. The other PC has UEFI.

I have tried many things and do not work:

1. I have tried using the bootcamp, as said online, but I think it only works for newer versions than Sierra.
    2. I tried from terminal using the following commands

a)diskutil eraseDisk ExFat "WINDOWS10" MBR disk2
      cp -rp /Volumes/CCCOMA_X64FRE_EN-US_DV9/* /Volumes/WINDOWS10/

b)sudo dd if=/path/to/target.img of=/dev/<theusbstick> bs=1m
    3. Then I tried a thing that you copy paste into a folder and there where some problems with some dots in the files (ok, I don't remember much about that)
    4. I tried with balenaEtcher, but once it saw that it was a windows.iso, I got the error that it cannot create a bootable windows media
    5. I tried with Unetbootin

In all cases, once I put the USB to the PC I want to install windows I get the error that it is not a bootable media.

Do you have any suggestions?

(I also think, but I'm not sure that in (2a) it shouldn't be MBR. Maybe GPT? I tried that instead of MBR, but it didn't recognise the format).

Marsupilami, Nov 18, 2021
Thema:

Create Windows 11 Bootable USB on Mac with M1 Chip

1. Create Windows 11 Bootable USB on Mac with M1 Chip - Similar Threads - Create Bootable USB

2. Create a bootable Windows 11 USB on Ubuntu or Mac?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create a bootable Windows 11 USB on Ubuntu or Mac?: How do I create a bootable USB for Windows 11, using only Ubuntu or Mac? I've tried "dd" and "Etcher", and both have failed.Thanks in advance./Clyde...
  3. Create a bootable Windows 11 USB on Ubuntu or Mac?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create a bootable Windows 11 USB on Ubuntu or Mac?: How do I create a bootable USB for Windows 11, using only Ubuntu or Mac? I've tried "dd" and "Etcher", and both have failed.Thanks in advance./Clyde...
  4. Running Windows 10 on a Mac M1 chip

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Running Windows 10 on a Mac M1 chip: Hi, I've been running Windows 10 through parallels on an iMac for a few years and have now upgraded to a MacBook with M1 chip. I've installed Parallels toolbox on the new Mac, my iso file for windows 10 is not compatible with the M1 chip, is there a way to install this...
  5. Running Windows 10 on a Mac M1 chip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running Windows 10 on a Mac M1 chip: Hi, I've been running Windows 10 through parallels on an iMac for a few years and have now upgraded to a MacBook with M1 chip. I've installed Parallels toolbox on the new Mac, my iso file for windows 10 is not compatible with the M1 chip, is there a way to install this...
  6. Running Windows 10 on a Mac M1 chip

7. Installation of Windows 10 with Mac OS M1 chip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installation of Windows 10 with Mac OS M1 chip: How can i install windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-of-windows-10-with-mac-os-m1-chip/ceccb499-978b-4709-bdd8-9eb69a513762
  8. Installation of Windows 10 with Mac OS M1 chip

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installation of Windows 10 with Mac OS M1 chip: How can i install windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-of-windows-10-with-mac-os-m1-chip/ceccb499-978b-4709-bdd8-9eb69a513762
  9. Create Windows 11 Bootable USB on Mac with M1 Chip

Create Windows 11 Bootable USB on Mac with M1 Chip: Hello Microsoft community,I am a newbie in here. Sorry if this is a dumb question. As a long time Mac users. I decided to give a try on Windows 11. So I build a PC for myself and plan to install Windows 11 on it. My question is how to create a Windows 11 bootable USB on a Mac...
  10. Creating bootable USB on a Mac.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating bootable USB on a Mac.: I downloaded the latest ISO from Microsoft and used Unetbottin to create a bootable USB on my Mac. When I turned my PC on, I went to BIOS and it recognises the UEFI usb option and I selected it. The installation started but a few mins in ingot an error:...