Windows 10: Create Windows USB on Mac Big Sur HELP!

Discus and support Create Windows USB on Mac Big Sur HELP! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; To keep it short: I need to create a Windows Installation Usb on a Mac. I tried Etcher, well Etcher does not work with Windows.iso's: Does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Snaeker58, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Snaeker58 Win User

Create Windows USB on Mac Big Sur HELP!

To keep it short:

I need to create a Windows Installation Usb on a Mac.

I tried Etcher, well Etcher does not work with Windows.iso's: Does not work.

Unetbootin is an absolute mess, especially with Big Sur: Does not work.

Rufus, the holy Usb Creation Tool that allways works flawlessly: Does not support MacOS.

Manual USB creation with terminal, only works for MacOS Installs: Does not "support" Windows.

snaeker58

Annoyed and Desperate!

:)

Snaeker58, Jan 9, 2021
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jan 9, 2021
  3. Help, cant create windows image

Hello there, @fullinfusion!

It seems like some sort of an OS confusion has happened with your secondary WD Black and I'm sorry to hear about that. *Frown Create Windows USB on Mac Big Sur HELP! :(
    Maybe re-formatting it would help indeed as the community already mentioned. I'd suggest to take a look at this step-by-step how to partition and format an HDD: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=PYCoid
    Keep in mind that this will wipe clean the drive, so you should backup all important data from the drive somewhere else.
    I noticed from the screenshots that your HDD appears as Disk 0, this means that it's plugged in the primary SATA port where the SSD (as an OS drive) should be. Actually it is possible that because of this Windows cannot create the image there. Swap the ports of the SSD and the HDD, this might help as well.

Keep me posted. Hope this helped! *Smile Create Windows USB on Mac Big Sur HELP! :)
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Create Windows USB on Mac Big Sur HELP!

Creating Ubuntu from Windows for a Mac..Need Help !!!

I will create a CD for installing Ubuntu 10.10 32bits for an old 450mhz Mac G4 and wanna know if it will work if I create it with Windows 7 ? I will choose the opetion I would like to create to a CD and the other circle I will create by using Windows. But after creating with Windows will it be able to install in my Mac ? The mac original os X will rremain on a 40gigs hdd i will unplug it and replace with a 20gigs hdd to install ubuntu.

Thx

MohawkAngel, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

Create Windows USB on Mac Big Sur HELP!

1. Create Windows USB on Mac Big Sur HELP! - Similar Threads - Create USB Mac

2. macOS big sur sounds for windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    macOS big sur sounds for windows?: Hello everyone. How are you today?I hope you are fine.Is there macOS big sur for Windows 10/11? their sounds beautiful for me, and I like to put macOS big sur sounds on Windows.Unfortunately, I can't find any of download or links for macOS big sur sounds for Windows.If you...
  3. macOS big sur sounds for windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    macOS big sur sounds for windows?: Hello everyone. How are you today?I hope you are fine.Is there macOS big sur for Windows 10/11? their sounds beautiful for me, and I like to put macOS big sur sounds on Windows.Unfortunately, I can't find any of download or links for macOS big sur sounds for Windows.If you...
  4. How to install Windows10 on Mac, Apple M1, Big Sur

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install Windows10 on Mac, Apple M1, Big Sur: Hello,I have a Microsoft Windows 10 License I want to install on a Mac: M1 chip, OS BigSur, version 11.3.1 20E241.
I tried to install the VHDX image from the “Insider Program.” But I can’t launch it. Indeed the security manager of Big Sur doesn’t allow any installation of...
  5. How to install Windows10 on Mac, Apple M1, Big Sur

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install Windows10 on Mac, Apple M1, Big Sur: Hello,I have a Microsoft Windows 10 License I want to install on a Mac: M1 chip, OS BigSur, version 11.3.1 20E241.
I tried to install the VHDX image from the “Insider Program.” But I can’t launch it. Indeed the security manager of Big Sur doesn’t allow any installation of...
  6. How to install Windows10 on Mac, Apple M1, Big Sur

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. edge on Mac os Big Sur

in Browsers and Email
    edge on Mac os Big Sur: Hi all i have Edge on Mac os Big Sur and it has not been auto updating, i noticed today in my full disk access area on mac os under security& Privacy that com.microsoft.autoupdate.helper is not checked and allowed full disk access. Should this be checked i also noticed that...
  8. Create Windows 10 bootable USB on Mac Big Sur

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create Windows 10 bootable USB on Mac Big Sur: My Windows 10 PC gets blue screen of death for unknown reasons and current unable to sign in Windows desktop. I have a Mac running macOS Big Sur at home and tried Etcher and UNetbootin. Etcher says Windows image is not supported and the USB created by UNetbootin is not seen...
  9. Creating Windows 10 install usb on Mac.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating Windows 10 install usb on Mac.: I cant find an up to date guide on how to make a install usb for the new pc I am building. Bootcamp does not work. submitted by /u/23snowmen [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i2z44e/creating_windows_10_install_usb_on_mac/
  10. Creating bootable USB on a Mac.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating bootable USB on a Mac.: I downloaded the latest ISO from Microsoft and used Unetbottin to create a bootable USB on my Mac. When I turned my PC on, I went to BIOS and it recognises the UEFI usb option and I selected it. The installation started but a few mins in ingot an error:...