Windows 10: Create ZIP file in another location

Discus and support Create ZIP file in another location in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I would like to create a zip file of the folders (on my C: drive) to my external HDD directly. Clarify: the ZIP file is directly made on the external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/networkITcuriosity, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Create ZIP file in another location

I would like to create a zip file of the folders (on my C: drive) to my external HDD directly.
    Clarify: the ZIP file is directly made on the external HDD, because I want to minimize the wear to the SSD that was on my laptop

submitted by /u/networkITcuriosity
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/networkITcuriosity, Apr 27, 2020

2. I cannot create a zip file.

Hi,

We would like to know more about the issue regarding on creating zip file. What are the steps you're doing when creating a zip file?

Please keep us posted for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Apr 27, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    .zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/zip-unzip-files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Apr 27, 2020
  4. Create ZIP file in another location

cant open zip files without saving first

Please do the following to attempt to repair a Zip file:

Click Start, click All Programs, and click Accessories

Right click Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator

Change directories to the folder where the corrupted Zip file is located

Type: "C:\Program Files\WinZip\wzzip" -yf zipfile.zip

If the corrupted Zip file is split or spanned, use the following command instead:

"C:\Program Files\WinZip\wzzip" -yfs zipfile.zip

WZZIP will create a new Zip file with a FIXED suffix in the file name. The original Zip file will not be modified. Only the data in the original Zip file is used.

The FIXED Zip file is structurally sound but the data may still be corrupt. WZZIP does not fix the zipped data itself. If the zipped data has a CRC error or the zipped data is corrupt, then the resulting fixed Zip file will still be corrupt.

Useful resources, which might become solutions have more different information than guide above...

http://itknowledgeexchange.techtarg...p-files-after-zip-archive-corrupt-or-damaged/

luukbokhove, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

Create ZIP file in another location

1. Create ZIP file in another location - Similar Threads - Create ZIP file

2. Zip files being created or modified

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Zip files being created or modified: Ok, so normally when I download a zip file, or even create one myself, it shows up as simply a ZIP file. I am then able to extract it by just right clicking and clicking extract, with no input from any other applications. Recently, however, whenever a ZIP file is created or...
  3. Zip files being created or modified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Zip files being created or modified: Ok, so normally when I download a zip file, or even create one myself, it shows up as simply a ZIP file. I am then able to extract it by just right clicking and clicking extract, with no input from any other applications. Recently, however, whenever a ZIP file is created or...
  4. Zip files being created or modified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Adding a pre-existing .ZIP file to another .ZIP file without fully extracting the existing...

Adding a pre-existing .ZIP file to another .ZIP file without fully extracting the existing...: Whenever I try to add an existing .ZIP as a single new content file to a new .ZIP Windows 10 acts like its insists on treating the existing .ZIP a a folder; fully extracting the existing .ZIP and individually adding each member of that .ZIP instead of adding just that one...
  6. I cannot create a Zip file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot create a Zip file.: I am trying to create a zip file for a mimdump folder. When I right click on it says "File not found or no read permission". Please advise, thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-create-a-zip-file/74f508de-0319-4827-823c-aa690c5fb73a
  7. I cannot create a Zip file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot create a Zip file.: I am trying to create a zip file for a mimdump folder. When I right click on it says "File not found or no read permission". Please advise, thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-create-a-zip-file/74f508de-0319-4827-823c-aa690c5fb73a
  8. Creating a zip file on an external hard drive

Creating a zip file on an external hard drive: For the last couple of days, I have been trying to move a whole file of music mp3's from a standard file over to a zip file. I have tried right-clicking the mouse, then send to and then compressed zipped folder and can't find the zip folder on the external hard drive. I...
  9. Unable to create ZIP files anymore

Unable to create ZIP files anymore: I suddenly am unable to create a ZIP file using either right click or the Share ribbon. Nothing happens with either method once I click to create a ZIP file. Any ideas on what is going on or how to correct the problem?...
  10. Cannot delete a zip file, cant be move to another location, cant check its properties...

Cannot delete a zip file, cant be move to another location, cant check its properties...: I downloaded a zip file from Samsung Cloud, its a bunch of photos from my old phone, it's a trusted site and i dont know how it got corrupted when I successfully extracted it before this bug happened. Any solution on how to delete this zip file?...