Windows 10: Created a child account by mistake Windows 10 Dell laptop

Discus and support Created a child account by mistake Windows 10 Dell laptop in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; We have been trying to remove the password upon starting a computer at work because it seems to be interfering with our network hard drive visibility... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by gmartin, Sep 24, 2019.

1. gmartin Win User

Created a child account by mistake Windows 10 Dell laptop

We have been trying to remove the password upon starting a computer at work because it seems to be interfering with our network hard drive visibility and kaspersky. I tried 4 different methods listed on this forum that did not work or I was not able to complete. Then saw a post about creating a new user and switching the admin to it to log in without a password. What I didn't understand was that it was creating a child account. I did it at work and am now at home trying to figure our what I did and how to fix it so bear with me. I used some kind of sysprep command if that helps. When creating the new (child) account I used the same email and account information as the former administrator. When going into settings, accounts, the only account I see is this new child account as admin. I need to A. make this and adult account again and B. load kaspersky and make sure it can access our network hard drive. Also, is there any way to recover a couple pictures that were on the original admin adult account? Advice please?

:)

gmartin, Sep 24, 2019
  2. gmartin Win User

We have been trying to remove the password upon starting a computer at work because it seems to be interfering with our network hard drive visibility and kaspersky. I tried 4 different methods listed on this forum that did not work or I was not able to complete. Then saw a post about creating a new user and switching the admin to it to log in without a password. What I didn't understand was that it was creating a child account. I did it at work and am now at home trying to figure our what I did and how to fix it so bear with me. I used some kind of sysprep command if that helps. When creating the new (child) account I used the same email and account information as the former administrator. When going into settings, accounts, the only account I see is this new child account as admin. I need to A. make this and adult account again and B. load kaspersky and make sure it can access our network hard drive. Also, is there any way to recover a couple pictures that were on the original admin adult account? Advice please?

gmartin, Sep 24, 2019
  3. Jan123 Win User
    Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Created a child account by mistake Windows 10 Dell laptop

creating child account for Windows 10

Hello Shawk,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We are glad to help you.

• I would like to inform you that while creating an account for a child, Microsoft account gets created.

• Yes, the child can keep the account when they become adult.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Created a child account by mistake Windows 10 Dell laptop - Similar Threads - Created child account

2. child account disconnected from adult account that created it

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    child account disconnected from adult account that created it: my childs microsoft is connected to an adult account we do not have access to any more and cant figure out how to get her out of her current family settings to migrate to the active one.the problem is we are trying to give her permission to use minecraft from the microsoft...
  3. child account disconnected from adult account that created it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    child account disconnected from adult account that created it: my childs microsoft is connected to an adult account we do not have access to any more and cant figure out how to get her out of her current family settings to migrate to the active one.the problem is we are trying to give her permission to use minecraft from the microsoft...
  4. child account disconnected from adult account that created it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to create easily create a strict account for child?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to create easily create a strict account for child?: Hi! I got a second-hand laptop with Windows 10 Home and wanted to know if there is a guide on how to easily create a strict account just for one of our children use a strict browser and Word for e-school, since the school is closed. I'm not very Windows-savy, so I thank any...
  6. windows account on dell laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows account on dell laptop: I do not remember my password for the windows account when you turn on the laptop, And I do know the security where you where born your oldest cousin thing and I don't know how to get in is there a way?...
  7. Creating my child an account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Creating my child an account: Ive been trying to create an email for my child. It tells me that a parent needs to log in to do so. So when i try to log in it tells me an adult needs to log in? I AM AN ADULT? Its frustrating ive tried so many times and ive checked my date of birth is correct. Moved...
  8. MISTAKE ON CREATING A BOOTABLE USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MISTAKE ON CREATING A BOOTABLE USB: Is there any chance to recover the files that were in the usb before it was bootable? My aunt forgot to copy her files (all important), so I badly need your opinion on this submitted by /u/jlmrqz15 [link] [comments]...
  9. Child Account in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Child Account in Windows 10: Why must I create an email account for a child to have individual monitored access to a Win 10 computer? This is MADNESS! If someone wants to send an email to a young child, it should come to the PARENT! A young child should NOT have an individual email account....
  10. Created administrator account by mistake

in Windows 10 Customization
    Created administrator account by mistake: Hi, i have created an administrator account by mistake, and i have tried everything to remove it but i could not. Not from mange account, prompt cmd or anything else. Also from "manage your account under family&other people" I could not see it. it just was not there....