Windows 10: Created a "Remove" folder on desktop - how do I delete it?

Discus and support Created a "Remove" folder on desktop - how do I delete it? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I created a "remove" folder to place files in before putting them into the trash. Once I was done I trashed that folder, only to have it re-appear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Czander, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Czander Win User

Created a "Remove" folder on desktop - how do I delete it?

I created a "remove" folder to place files in before putting them into the trash. Once I was done I trashed that folder, only to have it re-appear every time now. How do I permanently remove this "remove" folder?

:)

Czander, Feb 10, 2021

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Created a "Remove" folder on desktop - how do I delete it? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Created a "Remove" folder on desktop - how do I delete it? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Feb 10, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Feb 10, 2021
  4. Try3 Win User

Deleted icons stay on desktop (not in desktop folder)

I can only suggest that you
    1 Add a list of steps you have already taken.
    2 Add a comment about restarting the computer. Do the deleted icons disappear then?
    2 Add a comment explaining if any Desktop items do delete correctly and whether or not there are any significant differences between those that do delete correctly and those that don't.
    3 Add a list of any OS tweaks you have done & any third-party OS-related utilities you have run.

I assume you have already reinstalled your display driver.
    I don't see a Repair install as being relevant. Repair Install - TenForumsTutorials

Denis

Thema:

1. Created a "Remove" folder on desktop - how do I delete it? - Similar Threads - Created Remove folder

2. How do I remove Windows 11 Desktop icons with a cloud, but not delete the data or folder in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove Windows 11 Desktop icons with a cloud, but not delete the data or folder in...: How do I remove Windows 11 Desktop icons with a cloud, but not delete the data or folder in OneDrive? I can hide these, but that hides all OneDrive folder shortcuts. These OneDrive folder shortcuts were created when I upgraded to Windows 11. Thanks in advance for any help. I...
  3. How do I remove Windows 11 Desktop icons with a cloud, but not delete the data or folder in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove Windows 11 Desktop icons with a cloud, but not delete the data or folder in...: How do I remove Windows 11 Desktop icons with a cloud, but not delete the data or folder in OneDrive? I can hide these, but that hides all OneDrive folder shortcuts. These OneDrive folder shortcuts were created when I upgraded to Windows 11. Thanks in advance for any help. I...
  4. How do I delete this folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I delete this folder?: Yesterday, I copied Windows Folder, but I'm stuck. How do I delete this?On DATA D: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-this-folder/72e9625d-cc3e-4d1a-bbea-8a663de7576f
  5. How do I delete this folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete this folder?: Yesterday, I copied Windows Folder, but I'm stuck. How do I delete this?On DATA D: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-this-folder/72e9625d-cc3e-4d1a-bbea-8a663de7576f
  6. How do I delete this folder?

7. How Do I Delete Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Delete Folders: Greatings, today I was cleaning up my gear and then I saw that it has some folders of programs that i was uninstalled recently, some of this files wasn't able to delete as the normal ways like just clicking delete button or SHIFT + Delete. I dont have a clear ask for this but...
  8. How Do I Delete Folders

How Do I Delete Folders: Greatings, today I was cleaning up my gear and then I saw that it has some folders of programs that i was uninstalled recently, some of this files wasn't able to delete as the normal ways like just clicking delete button or SHIFT + Delete. I dont have a clear ask for this but...
  9. How to create a folder on the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to create a folder on the desktop: WIN10 is updated and now I can't create a folder on the desktop PLEASE HELP *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-a-folder-on-the-desktop/a9a9c70e-6461-4265-b4fd-a912d8b41ac3
  10. How do I remove desktop folder shortcut from desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I remove desktop folder shortcut from desktop?: Hi, I know the title might sound a bit confusing, but basically I accidently dragged out the desktop shortcut from the quick access bar to my desktop and it now created a folder saying Desktop (similar to say, going to the control panel>personalisation>change desktop icons...