Windows 10: Created a windows 10 usb installation media via media creation tool and I get this when I...

Discus and support Created a windows 10 usb installation media via media creation tool and I get this when I... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Fun-Contribution6669 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Fun-Contribution6669, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Created a windows 10 usb installation media via media creation tool and I get this when I...

/u/Fun-Contribution6669, Apr 12, 2021

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Apr 12, 2021
  3. How to create an UNACTIVATED Windows 10 installation USB flash drive using the new Media Creation Tool v1803??

I want to note also that the Media Creation Tool didn't give me the option to select the Edition of Windows 10 at the step you can choose the Language, Edition and Architecture. The only thing that was in the list was only the "Windows 10" option, not other
    editions...

So, is this a BUG of Media Creation Tool or I have misunderstood something? Is this reasonable?

Also is it reasonable when you install Windows (by USB Flsah drive created with Media Creation Tool) to be activated on its own after installation finishes??

MinimalTechGR, Apr 12, 2021
  4. Created a windows 10 usb installation media via media creation tool and I get this when I...

Unable to create Windows 10 bootable media using media creation tool

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are trying to create a Windows 10 USB bootable media for your new computer and we appreciate you for providing us the information and the screenshot. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly,
    please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the free space on the USB?
    • Are you trying to perform a clean installation or an upgrade on the new computer?

However, we would suggest you to refer the steps point by point as mentioned under
    “Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on a different PC”,
    in this website:
    Download Windows 10
    and check if you are able to create the bootable media.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

Created a windows 10 usb installation media via media creation tool and I get this when I...

1. Created a windows 10 usb installation media via media creation tool and I get this when I... - Similar Threads - Created usb installation

2. Media Creation Tool Not Installing to USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Creation Tool Not Installing to USB: I am trying to create an instillation drive so I can put windows 10 on an HDD, but every time I get the message "8GB of free disk space needed on C:" which is my SSD not my flash drive. The drive is 3.0 usb, 32 GB, so I don't know why it won't target the external drive. It...
  3. Media Creation Tool Not Installing to USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool Not Installing to USB: I am trying to create an instillation drive so I can put windows 10 on an HDD, but every time I get the message "8GB of free disk space needed on C:" which is my SSD not my flash drive. The drive is 3.0 usb, 32 GB, so I don't know why it won't target the external drive. It...
  4. Media Creation Tool Not Installing to USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Media Creation Tool, creating a USB installation medium

Media Creation Tool, creating a USB installation medium: <p>I find it unbelievable that this tool simply removes any already set up partition(s) from a USB Stick.</p><p>There is not even a warning that any information stored on the stick's partition(s) (even the ones not needed by the tool) will be lost after using the tool.<br...
  6. Clean install with USB created by Media Creation Tool

Clean install with USB created by Media Creation Tool: I use the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB. When Ive clean installed Ive always waited until the installation has completely finished and Im at the Windows desktop. Only then do I remove the Windows 10 USB flash drive. The USB flash drive stays inserted until...
  7. creating windows 10 media creation tool

creating windows 10 media creation tool: Hello I want to create a windows 10 media creation tool on to a USB flash drive. When I got my PC windows 10 was digitally installed and verified. However, I did get the windows 10 home installation DVD with my new PC but the new PC has no CD/DVD drive installed. I pretty...
  8. Issue with Media Creation Tool to create Windows 10 installation media

Issue with Media Creation Tool to create Windows 10 installation media: I need to recover my Desktop and downloaded the MediaCreationTool1809,exe from the MS Support pages. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 I run the tool with a freshly formatted 16GB USB drive and receive the following error: "There was a problem...
  9. Installing Windows 10 via Media Creation Tool

Installing Windows 10 via Media Creation Tool: I have a copy of 10 reserved, but what if I lose my patience and download an ISO from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10 I don't have a 10 product key yet, so how would that work? 9582
  10. Will Media Creation Tool Create A USB Installer With Version 1511?

Will Media Creation Tool Create A USB Installer With Version 1511?: Hello All, I am running Windows 10 Pro x64 that I installed as a full version (not from the free update, I purchased the full edition from Microsoft). Whenever I get a new OS I like to do a clean install so I used the Microsoft Media Creation Tool which I downloaded...