Windows 10: Created child account, but I can't login with the password I created, can't reset either.

Discus and support Created child account, but I can't login with the password I created, can't reset either. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I have created a child account for my son and put it in my family. But when I´m gonna login with it on my computer a few seconds after the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by NicklasHolmqvist, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Created child account, but I can't login with the password I created, can't reset either.

Hi,

I have created a child account for my son and put it in my family.

But when I´m gonna login with it on my computer a few seconds after the creation the password is wrong.

I'm quite sure that I wrote down the right code but no.

Then I go and try to reset the password and so.

I've got a mail to my personal email with security numbers and then a link to the "identify" page.

I wright down all the things from the registration, but that is to few personal info to reset it.

There is no more personal info beside first, last name and birth.

The account is fresh.

So what should I do to get a decent answer to this?

There is no supportmail anywhere and that's making me so frustrated.

This is just silly.

I should't need to create a new account one hour after the other because of this problem.

Or have I missed anything at the registration?

//Irritated dad

:)

NicklasHolmqvist, Jun 22, 2019

2. Create Password Rest Disk

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

Note

• A password reset disk can only be created for local user accounts. If your computer is on a domain, a system administrator can reset your domain password. For Microsoft accounts you can reset the password by following the steps below
      • Sign in to your Microsoft account, then select
        Security & privacy.
      • Select Change password.
      • Enter your current password, then the new password that you want to use, then enter the new password again.
      • Select Save.

Try the following steps to create a password reset disk for a local user account.

• Login to your computer using the local account you want to create a password reset disk for.
    • Insert a USB drive or SD card into the computer.
    • Type Create a password reset disk and select it
    • Click Next.
    • Select the location to create the password key disk and click Next.
    • Enter your account password and click Next.
    • Click Next, then click Finish.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jun 22, 2019
  3. create a password reset disk

Hi,

Creating a password reset disk requires you to sign in using a local account, and there shouldn't be an issue of doing it. However, we would like to know what do you mean by "nothing happens". We also suggest that you check this
    article to see if you're doing the same steps for creating a password reset
    disk.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Jun 22, 2019
  4. Created child account, but I can't login with the password I created, can't reset either.

Resetting child's Microsoft account password

Hi Nestor,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing and will be glad to assist you.

I suggest you to open the link provided below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Once the link is opened,

• Click on Reset your password.
    • Select I forgot my password and click on Next.
    • Provide the Microsoft Account of the child account and type in the characters, click Next.
    • In the identity verification page, click on Email, provide the email address, click Send code.
    • Check if the code has been sent to the email address and provide the code for verification.
    • Follow the prompts to create a new password for the child's Microsoft account.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

Created child account, but I can't login with the password I created, can't reset either.

1. Created child account, but I can't login with the password I created, can't reset either. - Similar Threads - Created child account

2. why is it that i can't create account for onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is it that i can't create account for onedrive: sorry, we couldn't connect to Microsoft service right now. if this problem persists, search for "network problems" on the start screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-it-that-i-cant-create-account-for-onedrive/dc4ce963-7009-4202-ba12-34089ae043e9
  3. why is it that i can't create account for onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is it that i can't create account for onedrive: sorry, we couldn't connect to Microsoft service right now. if this problem persists, search for "network problems" on the start screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-it-that-i-cant-create-account-for-onedrive/dc4ce963-7009-4202-ba12-34089ae043e9
  4. I can't create a Pin

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't create a Pin: I think I am missing something but this is what is going on. I am using my PC and I am on the Windows app. If I go to Security > add a new way to sign in or verify > Use my Windows PC > NextI get a popup asking me for my PIN. To my knowledge, my account does NOT have a pin....
  5. I have to create a PIN to login but I can't

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I have to create a PIN to login but I can't: The other night my laptop randomly started installing an update while I was working on a video, and when it was finished I tried to log back in, but instead of seeing my username and a bar for my password, I saw a sign in button. So I thought, it's probably just a ui update....
  6. I created a password for a user and can't login in anymore

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I created a password for a user and can't login in anymore: Hi, I urgently need help. i created a password using the command "netplwiz. Right after I restarted my laptop and tried to sign in and it says my information is incorrect. I'm really really sure i put in the correct password. Its my schools laptop and i have all my school...
  7. Can't get into create a password reset disk

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't get into create a password reset disk: I have the USB in, click on the "create a password reset disk" and it doesn't open. I tried the basic alt + tab and it does show the process is open in the background and I click the x. No success upon trying to open the program again. When I pull up running features with...
  8. Why can't I create a password reset key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why can't I create a password reset key?: When I go into Control Panel, User Acccounts, and click 'Create Password Reset Disk' nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-create-a-password-reset-key/5b5f3bcc-bcd2-4b54-85f0-409f8d04e22a
  9. I can't create an administrator account I lost password for the orignal administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't create an administrator account I lost password for the orignal administrator account: how to create new administrator account every time I try to do anything UAC pops up. I can't update anymore. Please help. I have a Microsoft account & created a local account....
  10. i can't create an eso account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't create an eso account: my friend installed ageofemires III on my pc from steam then i personally bought the game from steam with my account steam I think there is a problem related to the register and cd keys...