Windows 10: Created Folder ... which points to the parent folder, can't delete it.

Discus and support Created Folder ... which points to the parent folder, can't delete it. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I managed to get a folder with the name ... created. When I double-click it, it resolves to the same directory I was in, so it is an infinite loop. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FrithjofMoritzen, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Created Folder ... which points to the parent folder, can't delete it.

I managed to get a folder with the name ... created. When I double-click it, it resolves to the same directory I was in, so it is an infinite loop. I can't delete the folder because it is not empty or the parent folder because it is not empty. I can't rename or move it.

Created Folder ... which points to the parent folder, can't delete it. 648039db-c0ea-4325-b565-554dfa066026?upload=true.png

How can I get rid of it safely?

:)

FrithjofMoritzen, Aug 16, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Created Folder ... which points to the parent folder, can't delete it. :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Created Folder ... which points to the parent folder, can't delete it. :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Aug 16, 2020
  3. WojtasRed Win User
    Hidden folders

I installed `Kane and Lynch` on my PC twice in Program Files(x86) folder but I can`t find them (2 folders with game). But free space on my HDD is lower. So there`re those folders on my hdd. I use option `unhide` hidden folders but still can`t find them. Any suggestions? How can i delete those hidden folders?

When I run istallation for this game I can see those folders in Program Files(x86) folde.

I`m using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

WojtasRed, Aug 16, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Created Folder ... which points to the parent folder, can't delete it.

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

Created Folder ... which points to the parent folder, can't delete it.

1. Created Folder ... which points to the parent folder, can't delete it. - Similar Threads - Created Folder points

2. File was not saved in the folder in which it was created.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File was not saved in the folder in which it was created.: I created a word doc which I subsequently saved as a PDF file. This PDF file was NOT saved in the folder in which I created it, but it was saved on OneDrive. I do NOT want this to happen i.e., I want all my files to be saved in the folders in which they are created. I have a...
  3. File was not saved in the folder in which it was created.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File was not saved in the folder in which it was created.: I created a word doc which I subsequently saved as a PDF file. This PDF file was NOT saved in the folder in which I created it, but it was saved on OneDrive. I do NOT want this to happen i.e., I want all my files to be saved in the folders in which they are created. I have a...
  4. Windows 10 deleted parent folder of folder I was trying to delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 deleted parent folder of folder I was trying to delete: When I tried to delete a folder, Windows 10 instead deleted the Parent folder of the folder I tried to delete. I think I mouse clicked on the folder I wanted, right clicked, and chose "delete". Perhaps, I selected the file and then hit the delete key on the keyboard....
  5. Can't Create folder

Can't Create folder: Hello, Before I ask my question I need to Say something. I don't Know if this Windows fault or Unity, Feel Free to Not Answer the question if this is not a windows Error. Also I send the Same Masse to Unity. So I downloaded Unity Hub and tried to Create a Project. When...
  6. Can't delete WindowsApps folder created by the Xbox program.

Can't delete WindowsApps folder created by the Xbox program.: Let me just state that not giving users full control of their PC is absolutely **** unacceptable. What the **** is Microsoft thinking? Second, yes. I've tried changing permissions, it doesn't always work. Microsoft needs to unfuck the condescending view they have of their...
  7. Can't Delete Folders

Can't Delete Folders: I ran a batch file named aa.bat and it goes like this: @Echo off :a mkdir Desktop copy aa.bat Desktop/aa.bat cd Desktop goto :a PAUSE The loop goes on until I get the maximum filename error. Now I can't delete the folders. Can anyone help? Thanks!...
  8. Created a folder now I can't delete it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Created a folder now I can't delete it?: I have a brand new computer, I just finished it in the last couple weeks if it makes any difference here's the basic hardware: Asus Prime X570-Pro motherboard, Ryzen 3950X, 32gb Corsair Ram, 2tb Samsung M.2 boot drive with Windows 10 pro, 4tb Samsung Evo data drive I:, 6tb...
  9. Windows deleted parent folder of folder I was trying to delete

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows deleted parent folder of folder I was trying to delete: Hello Microsoft community, I was deleting some folders, the file structure looked like this: Projects\ \Project1 \Project2 \ .. The .. refers to a folder name. I deleted the folder named ".." and it ended up deleting the entire...
  10. Can't delete folder that I created

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete folder that I created: This folder was created in Feb. It's in C: Users/(Me)/Music. I named it Overflow so I could move files into it to keep the main folder looking cleaner. It has no content except for a subfolder called "Photos" (which also has no content). When I look at properties I get...