Windows 10: created local user accounts not appearing at users folder

Discus and support created local user accounts not appearing at users folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; problem at windows 10 home 1. users and groups not available at computer management. 2. i have created local user accountmultiple user accounts, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KondareddyPathapati, Jan 9, 2021.

1. created local user accounts not appearing at users folder

problem at windows 10 home

1. users and groups not available at computer management.

2. i have created local user accountmultiple user accounts, but user account not created at users folder and not working/visible at lock/logging screen.

3. i have activated/enabled default Administrator account with: net user Administrator /active:yes

but Administrator user not created or not available at users folder.

-----> these problems with users folder because unfortunately few files/sub-folders available in users folder deleted permanently.

how can i fix these problems, please help me out in these problems.

:)

KondareddyPathapati, Jan 9, 2021

2. User Account Folder Name

Here's a workaround to rename the user account folder:

• Unlink your Microsoft Account from your Windows 10 device which will result for your account to be converted as a Local account.
    • Create a new Local account, name it using your preferred account and folder name then set it as Administrator.
    • Sign in to your Windows 10 device using the newly created local admin account.
    • Link your Microsoft Account to the newly created local admin account.

After doing the steps above, check if this resolves your concern. If so, migrate all your files from the old account to the new user account and delete the previous one.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerdimae Sal, Jan 9, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

If the local account is the one where you have most of your personal data, this is how I would do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Copy all documents, pictures and other personal data from Microsoft account's user folders to corresponding folders in user Public (contents of MS account Documents folder to Public Documents folder and so on)
    • Sign out from Microsoft account
    Notice that above steps are only required if Microsoft account user folders contain data you want to keep. If its user folders are empty or do not contain anything worth saving, you can skip the above steps. Continue from below.

• Sign in to the local account
    • Delete the Microsoft account (Option One in this tutorial)
    • Switch your local account to a Microsoft account (tutorial)
    • Copy the data backed up from old Microsoft account to Public folders to new Microsoft account in corresponding folders

That's it. Using the Public folders as temporary storage you will have none whatsoever file owner / permission issues later on.

Kari, Jan 9, 2021
  4. created local user accounts not appearing at users folder

Setting New Location Of User Folder to another User Folder

Hi Renee,

Having an easy access to the Desktop folder can give you a convenience on opening your files. Regarding your concern about the Desktop folder that was moved to the Downloads section, we recommend that you create a new local user or administrator account to
    resolve the issue.

To create a local user or administrator account, follow the steps listed on this
    link

In addition, to move your files from the Downloads folder back to the Desktop folder, we suggest that you manually copy and paste the files to avoid any data loss.

Feel free to post back if you need more help.

Eileen Gal, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

created local user accounts not appearing at users folder

1. created local user accounts not appearing at users folder - Similar Threads - created local user

2. Computer Account Keeps Creating Local User Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer Account Keeps Creating Local User Account: Hello I have had a problem for a while in my network. Several computer accounts keep creating local user accounts and deleting them in a matter of minutes. This occurs in several devices in my environment. Could this be a service?...
  3. Network Computer - Local User Account is not seen in Users folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Computer - Local User Account is not seen in Users folder: I have 2 Windows 10 Pro computers: - one is Surface Pro version 2004 - one is Dell Venue Pro version 20H2 When accessing either computer on the network, the "Users" folder does not show the user's local account. For example: The account "hjhop" is not seen. Same thing...
  4. Unable to create new local user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to create new local user account: I'm on my Windows 10 Home PC logged in as Administrator local user and trying to create a new standard local user. I go to settings -> accounts -> other users I select "Add someone else to this PC" and it comes up with a new window headed "Local Users and Groups" telling me...
  5. Powershell Create local users?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Powershell Create local users?: Hello everyone, does anybody know why it's not working? # * TITLE: Part Task 1 # Version: 1.0 # Author: xxxxx # Date: 03 April 2020 b]# Description: Read out and output an Excel file[/b] b]# Restrict programming mode (MUST-HAVE at the TBZ!)[/b] set-psdebug...
  6. local user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    local user account: how do I access the one that I created https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-user-account/ee6a2922-2dfb-4e0b-9944-70cfa2a5be8d
  7. Local user folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Local user folders: If I delete user folders locally, will that delete anything at the network level? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-user-folders/2b2f6ba0-3de1-4943-bb58-d65418b1c032
  8. Create Shortcut to User Account Folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Create Shortcut to User Account Folder: A friend has his user account buried in the Windows folder so any investigation requiring a subfolder that is not listed in his Quick Access requires drilling down...to the Users user account. My user account is at the top of the file explorer listing in the left side...
  9. Local Account user appears and will not delete

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local Account user appears and will not delete: I received an email from Eset security that a 'phantom' account was created and when I logged on my computer I see an account user named JQ was created and I have deleted it several times and it keeps coming back. Can you please assist as I am afraid my computer is under...
  10. Can't create a new local user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't create a new local user account: I use a local Administrator level account, not a Microsoft account and am trying to create a new local user account to do some testing, but it doesn't work. When I click on Add someone else to this PC, I get a grey box for a second which goes away and that's it. No error,...