Windows 10: created new album in Photo but cant find it

Discus and support created new album in Photo but cant find it in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I was viewing pics on Windows 10 laptop and wanted to save the best ones, I used the "add to" option to create a new album, however now I cant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hen78, Nov 30, 2020.

1. hen78 Win User

created new album in Photo but cant find it

Hi,

I was viewing pics on Windows 10 laptop and wanted to save the best ones, I used the "add to" option to create a new album, however now I cant find the the new album I created.

Any help would would be great,

Kind regards,

Scott

:)

hen78, Nov 30, 2020

2. How to create new album and organize photos in Photos app

Hi Erin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with creating new album do let us know the following:

• Where exactly are you trying to create new albums?
    • Are you referring to creating new albums in Photos app?
    • Are you using any other application to view the photos?

If you referring to Photos app in Windows 10, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about Photos app and check if it helps.

Refer: Photos app for Windows help

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Albums are not being created automatically

Hello John,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

The Photos app creates albums for you from groups of related photos. Not all of the related photos will be in each album. If you have several similar photos, it’ll select what looks like the best one. You can always edit the album if you prefer different
    photos.

Where, Screenshots, Saved Pictures and Camera Rolls are the albums which system will create automatically for you. You can follow the below mentioned steps to Create and Edit albums as per your requirement.

Create an album

• Open the Photos app, select Albums, select +, and then

• Select your photos, and then select Done (the check mark).

• Select Change cover, choose the photo you want at the top, and then select
      Done.

• Select the title text and type a new title.

• Select Save.

Edit album

• Open the album in the Photos app, select Edit (the pencil), and do any of the following:

• Select Add or remove photos, select the ones you want, and then select
        Done.

• Select Change cover, choose a new photo, and then select Done.

• Select the title and type a new title.

• Select Save.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Nov 30, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

where is newly created photo album

Hi William,

if you are creating the photo album in the Windows Photos App and are looking for its physical location - there is none . . .

A photo album in that app is basically just stored as a list of references to the photos locations, it does not actually create a folder of photos in the background

What you can do is export the Photo album to OneDrive if you use OneDrive, by clicking the upload button (upwards facing arrow)

Or just create a new folder on your Desktop, select all the photos in the album and drag them onto the new folder

DaveM121, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

1. created new album in Photo but cant find it - Similar Threads - created album Photo

2. Cant find album image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant find album image: Windows media player legacy problem, all of the mp3 files has albums, but none of them are appearing but except when it is in the bar thing below left corner. I tried searching for solutions on youtube and articles, none of them worked, I modified a key but it still not...
  3. Cant find album image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant find album image: Windows media player legacy problem, all of the mp3 files has albums, but none of them are appearing but except when it is in the bar thing below left corner. I tried searching for solutions on youtube and articles, none of them worked, I modified a key but it still not...
  4. Microsoft Photos finds no faces, creates no albums, finds no auto keyword tags

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos finds no faces, creates no albums, finds no auto keyword tags: Photos has never worked right on my laptop. Didn't when it was Windows 10. Doesn't on Windows 11, either. First it just kept adding the same files over and over and over. It found one face and one or two created albums and a few tags in 82k or so of the photos it kept adding...
  5. Microsoft Photos finds no faces, creates no albums, finds no auto keyword tags

Microsoft Photos finds no faces, creates no albums, finds no auto keyword tags: Photos has never worked right on my laptop. Didn't when it was Windows 10. Doesn't on Windows 11, either. First it just kept adding the same files over and over and over. It found one face and one or two created albums and a few tags in 82k or so of the photos it kept adding...
  6. Create a folder for album saved in Photos , or, how to transfer an album saved in photos...

Create a folder for album saved in Photos , or, how to transfer an album saved in photos...: Unable to transfer an Album 300photos in Photos to burn to a DVD or disc How to Create a file folder to transfer the album to - or actually transfer the album so I could burn to a dvd...
  7. Finding Photo App album

Finding Photo App album: Where do I find a photo app album? I would like to find the file in explorer so I can copy and paste it to a USB device. When I'm in the app I can see the album and the photos in it but can't find a way to select it to copy. An earlier post stated to use the 'select' prompt...
  8. Cant access my photos in albums

Cant access my photos in albums: Hello I am unable to access my photos in any of my created albums. It allows me to add to add a new photo to an existing album and to create a new album but when I try to access the album it just shut down and defaults to my desktop screen. Everything else seems to be...
  9. How to create a photo album

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to create a photo album: Create an album by opening 'Photos', select 'Create > Album'. Select the pictures you want to include, then select 'Create'. For more info click here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/tips/home/photo-basics#createalbumphotos [ATTACH]...
  10. Unable to find albums in Photos app

Unable to find albums in Photos app: As a photographer I don't want my photos stored as place, time, people. can't find things. How can I get my photos back in my albums/files please? The previous Photo Gallery program was far better than the new Apps. for me. ***Original title: Lost my albums as new...