Windows 10: created USB flash drive from W media creator, but can't boot from it

Discus and support created USB flash drive from W media creator, but can't boot from it in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; created USB flash drive from W media creator, but can't boot from it maybe I misunderstood the purpose / function of a bootable windows 10 USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by reddwarf4ever, Aug 8, 2015.

1. created USB flash drive from W media creator, but can't boot from it

created USB flash drive from W media creator, but can't boot from it

maybe I misunderstood the purpose / function of a bootable windows 10 USB pen....created one by using windows media creator, but although I can boot from it....it only offers INStALL or repair options, had hoped I could fully boot into windows 10 from this pen. so suspect that is not the case.....

thanks

:)

reddwarf4ever, Aug 8, 2015
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 8, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    How can I run the ISO Boot Files on my non-functioning Laptop?

Go into your BIOS and set your DVD Drive as the First boot device, reboot with the DVD in the drive and Windows should start installing.

If this does not work, download 'windows7 usb/dvd tool' and use it to create installation media on a USB Flash Drive (4GB min) from the ISO, then change the boot order so as to boot from USB Media in your BIOS.

I Hope this Helps!

DaveM121, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

that is windows 10 setup media
    not windows to go media..

so you can only install windows from that media - not run windows

Kyhi, Aug 8, 2015
  5. thank you that is clear now....it's the 2go USB pen an official MS provision or a home brew arrangement ...
    also are the repair facilities in the setup media better than in previous windows incarnations ? I see you can also go back to a previous restore point, could be handy also
    thanks

reddwarf4ever, Aug 8, 2015
  6. Kyhi Win User
    Windows To Go is an Enterprise Edition feature..

But there is a Home brew - where Windows To Go can be had

Kyhi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. created USB flash drive from W media creator, but can't boot from it - Similar Threads - created USB flash

2. Booting pc from usb flash.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting pc from usb flash.: Hello, i tried to reset my hp compac pc, and unfortunately it crashed. So i bought a new hard drive. Am trying to boot it using a usb flash, but it keeps on telling me 'remove disks or other media, press any key to restart, no bootable device insert boot disk and press any...
  3. Booting pc from usb flash.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booting pc from usb flash.: Hello, i tried to reset my hp compac pc, and unfortunately it crashed. So i bought a new hard drive. Am trying to boot it using a usb flash, but it keeps on telling me 'remove disks or other media, press any key to restart, no bootable device insert boot disk and press any...
  4. Booting pc from usb flash.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't Boot From USB Drive

Can't Boot From USB Drive: I have an older Dell XPS l1521x and I'm trying to do a clean install of Win10. I used Microsoft's Creation Tool to make the usb stick, but when I plug it in and reboot it just goes into Windows. So I went into the bios A18 and saw secure boot was enabled. From reading some...
  6. Rescuing personal data from a comp that won't boot. Created a bootable USB flash drive.

Rescuing personal data from a comp that won't boot. Created a bootable USB flash drive.: Somehow, my HP laptop refuses to boot. I created a bootable USB flash drive, but I'm worried about all of my files, pictures, documents, music, videos, house designs, etc., still on the hard drive that refuses to boot. I desperately want to save them. Will reinstalling Win10,...
  7. win 10 media will create flash drive that does not boot

win 10 media will create flash drive that does not boot: The new win 10 error 0x80070020-0xA001A when trying to make a iso dvd but lets you make a flash drive that does not boot but has a setup.exe that will download windows but does not offer repair like a iso used to. This new windows does not make things easy when there auto...
  8. I can't finish creating media creation tool to the USB installation Flash drive..

I can't finish creating media creation tool to the USB installation Flash drive..: but Windows downloads Media Creation Tool fine but when it actually gets to the part where it installs to the USB Flash Drive, I get the following error message (and it's happened twice now): [ATTACH]...
  9. Unable to boot from USB Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot from USB Flash Drive: I just tried to create a bootable USB stick for Macrium Reflect on my Dell AIO. The creation went smoothly as did the boot. When I took that stick to my Acer Laptop and tried to boot it I got a message saying, "Remove disk or other menu" followed by "Press any key to...
  10. Unable to boot computer from USB flash drive

Unable to boot computer from USB flash drive: hello I have a laptop with bitlocker installed and i do have the login keys for that ... i need to fresh install windows 10 on it and whenever i try to boot with bootable usb device , it doenst work .. the machine has windows 8.1 installed .. my query is whether bit locker...