Windows 10: Created user with same password as administrator acct and now can’t

Discus and support Created user with same password as administrator acct and now can’t in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Created user with same password as administrator acct and now cant Log into Administrator Acct. Help! I know it sounds weird but I did it. Was just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PurpleChicken, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Created user with same password as administrator acct and now can’t

Created user with same password as administrator acct and now cant Log into Administrator Acct. Help!

I know it sounds weird but I did it. Was just trying to feed it something till I had a one I wanted it to be, I had no idea it would cancel my administrator account password. What happened here? Did it default the Administrator password to something else? The second account is not administrator level, just user. Im on a windows 7 pro box.

Thanks for any help!!

:)

PurpleChicken, Jul 6, 2020

2. 2 computers same acct...please help

Hi, I have 2 computers in my home. Both computers have the the user name and password when logging in. Also when I go to my Microsoft acct. both are listed under devices. I would like to have it so both devices have there own log in. If I delete the other computer listed in my acct. would this solve the problem? Also, would I be able to log into the other computer since it was deleted and how would I then create a new username and password? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!!

woodward2000, Jul 6, 2020
  3. User Account; Tried to Switch from Microsoft Acct to Local Acct.....

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If you like to login directly to Desktop without using a password, either you may
    create a local account
    without password or I would suggest you to follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on the keyboard.
    • Type “netplwiz” without quotes and press Enter.
    • Under Users tab, if you have already unchecked the option “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer” then check it again.
    • Now select the User name under Users for this computer
      (make sure you are selecting the correct user account).
    • Now uncheck the option “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer” and click on
      Apply.
    • You will get a prompt to enter the password for the User name.
    • Type the password, confirm it and click on
      OK
    • Click on OK again.
    • Now restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Note: Please be aware that this option will enable automatic login. So, please use this option only on your personal computer which is not accessed by others.

As per your questions later if I decide to powering Desktop signing into my Microsoft acct?

You can follow the same step and check the option which says Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer
    and you can make your local account to Microsoft account.

Using a local acct, will Cortana still allow me to speak to her and get verbal and search answers?

Cortana will not work in locale account only the normal search or web search will work with locale account.

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you further.

Mohammed Yaseer, Jul 6, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Created user with same password as administrator acct and now can’t

Non Admin acct questions

I think you may just be looking in the wrong place. When you sign out the sign in screen and password box will be for the account that has just signed out. It's the same for a restart, the sign in screen will be for the last user that had signed in.

Sign out, then look for a list of names in the lower left corner of the sign in screen. All available accounts should be listed there, click on the one you want to change the sign in screen to be for that user. See the screenshot at step 2 in this tutorial.

Sign in to Windows 10

Correct, the user folder is not created until the first sign in.

Bree, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Created user with same password as administrator acct and now can’t

1. Created user with same password as administrator acct and now can’t - Similar Threads - Created user same

2. bypass user acct admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bypass user acct admin password: i bought a laptop 2nd hand an the user account installed is password protected as an admin account, i cant even use anything in control panel without password it wont let me add my printer, i dont mind doing a complete wipe ...but i have no windows operating system to...
  3. bypass user acct admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bypass user acct admin password: i bought a laptop 2nd hand an the user account installed is password protected as an admin account, i cant even use anything in control panel without password it wont let me add my printer, i dont mind doing a complete wipe ...but i have no windows operating system to...
  4. Administration user/password not known

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administration user/password not known: I need to upgrade a payroll programme and do not have the Admin username/password. Previous person left acrimoniously so no help there. Any help would be good....
  5. Multiple passwords on the same user?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple passwords on the same user?: Is it possible? submitted by /u/Baselmagdy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mn2o1u/multiple_passwords_on_the_same_user/
  6. Microsoft User Acct

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft User Acct: I don't know what happened but my account has disappeared. I have been searching FAQs for help and nothing is bringing me closer. My system restore only goes back one day, and I need it to go back, even a week so I can find my stuff. I have looked at my user folder "name"...
  7. Created user with same password as administrator acct and now can’t

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Created user with same password as administrator acct and now can’t: Created user with same password as administrator acct and now cant Log into Administrator Acct. Help! I know it sounds weird but I did it. Was just trying to feed it something till I had a one I wanted it to be, I had no idea it would cancel my administrator account...
  8. removing a user acct

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    removing a user acct: I am giving my old laptop to a grandson. How do I remove my user acct and start one for him? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-a-user-acct/a032f121-b5ba-45d4-86e8-1e0b311416fd"
  9. administrator user name / password

in Windows 10 Customization
    administrator user name / password: I forgot my user name/password for my administrator account. How can I find this information. I need this to do different things. I have been unable to check ,fix ect. Is there resolution to this problem/...
  10. Need to create an ADMINISTRATOR ACCT but get ACESS DENIED

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need to create an ADMINISTRATOR ACCT but get ACESS DENIED: When I first converted from Win 7, Win 10 transferred my main ACCT: Patrick But, the boot time became so elongated, the net gave me some tips but to so, I had to use SAFE BOOT. But the old F8 would not work so I used the MSCONFIG. But, then Win 10 CREATED a new account using...