Windows 10: Created user with same password as administrator acct and now can’t

Discus and support Created user with same password as administrator acct and now can’t in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Created user with same password as administrator acct and now cant Log into Administrator Acct. Help! I know it sounds weird but I did it. Was just... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by PurpleChicken, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Created user with same password as administrator acct and now can’t

Created user with same password as administrator acct and now cant Log into Administrator Acct. Help!

I know it sounds weird but I did it. Was just trying to feed it something till I had a one I wanted it to be, I had no idea it would cancel my administrator account password. What happened here? Did it default the Administrator password to something else? The second account is not administrator level, just user. Im on a windows 7 pro box.

Thanks for any help!!

:)

PurpleChicken, Jul 7, 2020

2. Created user with same password as administrator acct and now can’t

Created user with same password as administrator acct and now can’t Log into Administrator Acct. Help!

I know it sounds weird but I did it. Was just trying to feed it something till I had a one I wanted it to be, I had no idea it would cancel my administrator account password. What happened here? Did it default the Administrator password to something else? The second account is not administrator level, just user. I’m on a windows 7 pro box.

Thanks for any help!!

3. Try3 Win User
    Created user with same password as administrator acct and now can’t

Setting the password for one user account does not affect the password for any other user account. Something else is going on.

www.sevenforums.com

I urge you, in your SevenForums post, to state exactly what "just trying to feed it something till I had a one I wanted it to be" means because that might be the clue that allows your problem to be diagnosed.
    - There are methods for recovering from this situation but they would be best discussed in SevenForums

Denis

Try3, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Created user with same password as administrator acct and now can’t

Thank you, I found and posted there. It just doesn’t make sense. One account should not affect the other even if they have the same password. Uggh.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, I got it. I’m such a dumbazz. It wasn’t the same password. Sheesh. Thanks everyone!

Thema:

1. Created user with same password as administrator acct and now can’t - Similar Threads - Created user same

2. bypass user acct admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bypass user acct admin password: i bought a laptop 2nd hand an the user account installed is password protected as an admin account, i cant even use anything in control panel without password it wont let me add my printer, i dont mind doing a complete wipe ...but i have no windows operating system to...
  3. bypass user acct admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bypass user acct admin password: i bought a laptop 2nd hand an the user account installed is password protected as an admin account, i cant even use anything in control panel without password it wont let me add my printer, i dont mind doing a complete wipe ...but i have no windows operating system to...
  4. Administration user/password not known

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administration user/password not known: I need to upgrade a payroll programme and do not have the Admin username/password. Previous person left acrimoniously so no help there. Any help would be good....
  5. Multiple passwords on the same user?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple passwords on the same user?: Is it possible? submitted by /u/Baselmagdy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mn2o1u/multiple_passwords_on_the_same_user/
  6. Microsoft User Acct

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft User Acct: I don't know what happened but my account has disappeared. I have been searching FAQs for help and nothing is bringing me closer. My system restore only goes back one day, and I need it to go back, even a week so I can find my stuff. I have looked at my user folder "name"...
  7. Created user with same password as administrator acct and now can’t

in Windows 10 Support
    Created user with same password as administrator acct and now can’t: Created user with same password as administrator acct and now cant Log into Administrator Acct. Help! I know it sounds weird but I did it. Was just trying to feed it something till I had a one I wanted it to be, I had no idea it would cancel my administrator account...
  8. removing a user acct

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    removing a user acct: I am giving my old laptop to a grandson. How do I remove my user acct and start one for him? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-a-user-acct/a032f121-b5ba-45d4-86e8-1e0b311416fd"
  9. administrator user name / password

in Windows 10 Customization
    administrator user name / password: I forgot my user name/password for my administrator account. How can I find this information. I need this to do different things. I have been unable to check ,fix ect. Is there resolution to this problem/...
  10. Need to create an ADMINISTRATOR ACCT but get ACESS DENIED

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need to create an ADMINISTRATOR ACCT but get ACESS DENIED: When I first converted from Win 7, Win 10 transferred my main ACCT: Patrick But, the boot time became so elongated, the net gave me some tips but to so, I had to use SAFE BOOT. But the old F8 would not work so I used the MSCONFIG. But, then Win 10 CREATED a new account using...