Windows 10: CreateProcess failed; code 740 The requested operation requires elevation.

Discus and support CreateProcess failed; code 740 The requested operation requires elevation. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello. I am writing to you today because I came across an error trying to download this addon to a game. It gave me the error code 740, and I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AydanMartin, Jan 10, 2021.

1. CreateProcess failed; code 740 The requested operation requires elevation.

Hello. I am writing to you today because I came across an error trying to download this addon to a game. It gave me the error code 740, and I am looking for a fix to this error. I hope you can get back to me soon thank you.

:)

AydanMartin, Jan 10, 2021
  2. AndreyT Win User

Updated to 1511: "740: The requested operation requires elevation"

In my normal user account (belonging to Users group) I maintain a folder with a bunch of convenient administrative shortcuts, which run certain applications under "Administrator" account through 'runas' utility. Each shortcut's command line looks as

Code:
    Code:
    C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe /user:Administrator /savecred "<command line>"
    Before update to version 1511 all my shortcuts were working fine. After the update most of them suddenly stopped working. Namely, running mmc shortcuts, like

Code:
    Code:
    C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe /user:Administrator /savecred "mmc compmgmt.msc"
    produces error "740: The requested operation requires elevation".

Control panel shortcuts like

Code:
    Code:
    C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe /user:Administrator /savecred "control appwiz.cpl"
    generate a message box

Code:
    Code:
    ::{26EE0668-A00A-44D7-9371-BEB064C98683}\0\::{7B81BE6A-CE2B-4676-A29E-EB907A5126C5} Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.
    Some applications continue to work, some don't. SysInternal's Autoruns works fine. Far Manager doesn't suffer from it either. But CPU-Z shortcut

Code:
    Code:
    C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe /user:Administrator /savecred "C:\Utils\CPU-Z\cpuz_x64.exe"
    also fails with "740: The requested operation requires elevation".

Is the something I can change (policy etc.) to restore the pre-1511 behavior?

AndreyT, Jan 10, 2021
  3. The requested operation requires elevation"

The requested operation requires elevation"in windows 10

PhillipManuel1, Jan 10, 2021
  4. Time Lady Win User

CreateProcess failed; code 740 The requested operation requires elevation.

Time Lady, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

CreateProcess failed; code 740 The requested operation requires elevation.

1. CreateProcess failed; code 740 The requested operation requires elevation. - Similar Threads - CreateProcess failed code

2. Getting 'Requested operation requires elevation'

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Getting 'Requested operation requires elevation': Software installation failed with the message on subject line above. Running Windows 10 on HP zBook laptop. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-requested-operation-requires-elevation/4631f1da-2e2f-4e12-b83f-a7c7c51f2c05
  3. service install - the requested operation requires elevation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    service install - the requested operation requires elevation: Hello folks! I ran into a problem when installing a program (Mumble, a VOIP client) as service with NSSM tool or task scheduler. The log file says: the requested operation requires elevation The service is started by my normal admin account. Does anyone have an idea to...
  4. USB Drive: The requested operation requires elevation?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Drive: The requested operation requires elevation?: i am unable to access any of my files from an old usb drive. i have never used the drive on this computer previously, and there is not a security tab within the properties tab of the USB drive to change the administrator options. any help would be appreciated. thanks....
  5. "The requested operation requires elevation."

in Windows 10 Customization
    "The requested operation requires elevation.": Tried making the ASUS AURA app to open upon startup however, I get the error message: "The requested operation requires elevation". Any help is greatly appreciated....
  6. Fix The requested operation requires elevation, Error 740

in Windows 10 News
    Fix The requested operation requires elevation, Error 740: [ATTACH] If you try to run a program or open a folder or delete a file and you receive a message – Error (740), The requested operation requires elevation on your Windows 10/8/7 computer, here are some simple troubleshooting suggestions that [...] This post Fix The requested...
  7. THE REQUESTED OPERATION REQUIRES ELEVATION

THE REQUESTED OPERATION REQUIRES ELEVATION: Iam unable to run .exe files I am getting THE REQUESTED OPERATION REQUIRES ELEVATION https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-requested-operation-requires-elevation/421d26f6-05eb-4d10-9ed2-4e64a6761584
  8. Error - The requested operation requires elevation

Error - The requested operation requires elevation: Team, When ever I am trying to access any application with : Run as administration, it gives me to " continue with username and Password. I login it with username and password it shows "The requested operation requires elevation:. Please help....
  9. Updated to 1511: "740: The requested operation requires elevation"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Updated to 1511: "740: The requested operation requires elevation": In my normal user account (belonging to Users group) I maintain a folder with a bunch of convenient administrative shortcuts, which run certain applications under "Administrator" account through 'runas' utility. Each shortcut's command line looks as Code:...
  10. The requested elevation requires elevation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The requested elevation requires elevation: I have seen this question asked before and attempted a few solutions. Fixing computer problems is not my forte and I would really like an easy to followed solution. I have downloaded the program Apache OpenOffice 4.1.2. It has converted most of my files to OpenOffice.org XML...