Windows 10: CreateProcessAsUser launches notepad.exe with different window theme

Discus and support CreateProcessAsUser launches notepad.exe with different window theme in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Team, When LogonUser handle (administrator) is passed to the process , the application notepad.exe theme changes to classic theme. Please let me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AshwiniVPatil, Feb 12, 2019.

1. CreateProcessAsUser launches notepad.exe with different window theme

Hi Team,

When LogonUser handle (administrator) is passed to the process , the application notepad.exe theme changes to classic theme. Please let me know how to retain the theme.Please find the images attached below.

//My code snippet//

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HANDLE accountHndl;

STARTUPINFO si1;

PROCESS_INFORMATION pi1;

LPTSTR szCmdline = _tcsdup(TEXT("C:\\Windows\\Notepad.exe"));

ZeroMemory(&si1, sizeof(si1));

si1.cb = sizeof(si1);

ZeroMemory(&pi1, sizeof(pi1));

if (!LogonUser(L"Administrator", L".", L"PASSWORD1234", LOGON32_LOGON_INTERACTIVE,

LOGON32_PROVIDER_DEFAULT, &accountHndl)){

}

if (CreateProcessAsUser(accountHndl**** &pi1)){

}

I do not want the application theme to change as below.Please check the buttons "close,minimize" it has changed to classic theme. Expected is as shown in 2nd image with red cross button.

CreateProcessAsUser launches notepad.exe with different window theme cb4be467-ffb8-42f3-a670-9551c2da4c2e?upload=true.jpg CreateProcessAsUser launches notepad.exe with different window theme 8219155c-1555-4f8d-b368-7145de43778d?upload=true.jpg

:)

AshwiniVPatil, Feb 12, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Notepad Black Theme

Hi Archit

Sorry Notepad is just a very basic text editor, there is no dark theme for that

Notepad++ another free and more advanced Text Editor like Notepad does have many dark themes . . .

DaveM121, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Change themes back to numbered tiles in Microsoft Mahjong

Hi Bill,

Changing the tiles for Microsoft Mahjong can be done through the Theme Settings of the game. To change the settings, follow the steps below:

• Launch the game.
    • Press F5 on your keyboard to show the settings.
    • Click on Themes and choose your preferred theme under
      Standard Themes

If are unable to see your preferred theme, we suggest that you update the game on Windows Store by following the steps on this

link

Should you need further assistance, you can reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Feb 12, 2019
  4. CreateProcessAsUser launches notepad.exe with different window theme

Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

CreateProcessAsUser launches notepad.exe with different window theme

1. CreateProcessAsUser launches notepad.exe with different window theme - Similar Threads - CreateProcessAsUser launches notepad

2. dark theme, but notepad is still white

in Windows 10 Customization
    dark theme, but notepad is still white: just as title https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-theme-but-notepad-is-still-white/ffa5c806-e4b8-4444-a8d7-1a2a454b7944
  3. How to change Notepad Theme to Dark

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Notepad Theme to Dark: [IMG]Notepad in its current form now makes it possible for users to set change themes. This is an essential feature, as many wanted a Dark theme for Notepad. Bear in mind that this version of Notepad is only available for Windows 11, so if you haven’t upgraded yet, well, this...
  4. Windows 11 Different Themes for Different Desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Different Themes for Different Desktops: I have just installed Win11 on my laptop. I know that I can apply different background images for different desktops in Win11.But I was curious if it is possible to apply different background slideshows for different desktops....
  5. Windows 11 Different Themes for Different Desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Different Themes for Different Desktops: I have just installed Win11 on my laptop. I know that I can apply different background images for different desktops in Win11.But I was curious if it is possible to apply different background slideshows for different desktops....
  6. Different theme wallpapers on two different monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different theme wallpapers on two different monitors: When I select a theme on my computer, it makes the background the same picture on both of my two monitors.Before, it would show different backgrounds on the two monitors two different pictures, but now it just duplicates the image on the second screen, so it's the same...
  7. All my .exe Icon are Notepad Icons and they open in Notepad!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All my .exe Icon are Notepad Icons and they open in Notepad!: Help me! All my exe files are opening in notepad there's a photo. https://prnt.sc/qf2ukf https://prnt.sc/qf2usd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-exe-icon-are-notepad-icons-and-they-open-in/43bc3b50-c84c-4394-9524-83d016bee18e"
  8. Free theme for desktop will not launch

Free theme for desktop will not launch: Free theme for desktop will not launch. It is continually downloading but never ends. It is preventing any other down loads. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-theme-for-desktop-will-not-launch/e6a2729f-bfbd-4612-bf05-d6935015c14c
  9. .exe files opening in notepad

.exe files opening in notepad: Hey, I was just trying to download a .exe file the other day, and accidentally clicked an option that made it so that every file I now open is opened with notepad. If there is any way to fix this, I would be very happy. Thanks....
  10. Notepad Black Theme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad Black Theme: Is a Black or Dark Theme Available for Notepad App? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-black-theme/3f96e5b5-59d2-4da6-8a00-163f631cea4d