Windows 10: CreateProcessAsUser launches notepad.exe with different window theme

Discus and support CreateProcessAsUser launches notepad.exe with different window theme in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Team, When LogonUser handle (administrator) is passed to the process , the application notepad.exe theme changes to classic theme. Please let me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AshwiniVPatil, Feb 12, 2019.

1. CreateProcessAsUser launches notepad.exe with different window theme

Hi Team,

When LogonUser handle (administrator) is passed to the process , the application notepad.exe theme changes to classic theme. Please let me know how to retain the theme.Please find the images attached below.

//My code snippet//

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HANDLE accountHndl;

STARTUPINFO si1;

PROCESS_INFORMATION pi1;

LPTSTR szCmdline = _tcsdup(TEXT("C:\\Windows\\Notepad.exe"));

ZeroMemory(&si1, sizeof(si1));

si1.cb = sizeof(si1);

ZeroMemory(&pi1, sizeof(pi1));

if (!LogonUser(L"Administrator", L".", L"PASSWORD1234", LOGON32_LOGON_INTERACTIVE,

LOGON32_PROVIDER_DEFAULT, &accountHndl)){

}

if (CreateProcessAsUser(accountHndl**** &pi1)){

}

I do not want the application theme to change as below.Please check the buttons "close,minimize" it has changed to classic theme. Expected is as shown in 2nd image with red cross button.

CreateProcessAsUser launches notepad.exe with different window theme cb4be467-ffb8-42f3-a670-9551c2da4c2e?upload=true.jpg CreateProcessAsUser launches notepad.exe with different window theme 8219155c-1555-4f8d-b368-7145de43778d?upload=true.jpg

:)

AshwiniVPatil, Feb 12, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Notepad Black Theme

Hi Archit

Sorry Notepad is just a very basic text editor, there is no dark theme for that

Notepad++ another free and more advanced Text Editor like Notepad does have many dark themes . . .

DaveM121, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Change themes back to numbered tiles in Microsoft Mahjong

Hi Bill,

Changing the tiles for Microsoft Mahjong can be done through the Theme Settings of the game. To change the settings, follow the steps below:

• Launch the game.
    • Press F5 on your keyboard to show the settings.
    • Click on Themes and choose your preferred theme under
      Standard Themes

If are unable to see your preferred theme, we suggest that you update the game on Windows Store by following the steps on this

link

Should you need further assistance, you can reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Feb 12, 2019
  4. CreateProcessAsUser launches notepad.exe with different window theme

Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

CreateProcessAsUser launches notepad.exe with different window theme

1. CreateProcessAsUser launches notepad.exe with different window theme - Similar Threads - CreateProcessAsUser launches notepad

2. .exe files opening in notepad

in Windows 10 Customization
    .exe files opening in notepad: Hey, I was just trying to download a .exe file the other day, and accidentally clicked an option that made it so that every file I now open is opened with notepad. If there is any way to fix this, I would be very happy. Thanks....
  3. Windows 10 HD Theme cause some programs (.exe) to Crash

Windows 10 HD Theme cause some programs (.exe) to Crash: I am using the HD theme in Windows 10 home (up to date). I have had unexpected crashes when trying to run certain programs. When I turn HD theme off, the effected programs load and work properly. The major program that this effects is Adobe Creative Cloud but ONLY Premiere...
  4. Windows 10 HD Theme cause some programs (.exe) to Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 HD Theme cause some programs (.exe) to Crash: I am using the HD theme in Windows 10 home (up to date). I have had unexpected crashes when trying to run certain programs. When I turn HD theme off, the effected programs load and work properly. The major program that this effects is Adobe Creative Cloud but ONLY Premiere...
  5. Notepad settings for windows 10 differ from win 7

Notepad settings for windows 10 differ from win 7: I have a notepad file, I'm printing this notepad with specific page settings from windows 7 machine and the text print is single page. But, same notepad file with same page settings when we print from windows 10 machine the printing text will in two page. Same file when we...
  6. Notepad settings for windows 10 differ from win

Notepad settings for windows 10 differ from win: I have a notepad file, I'm printing this notepad with specific page settings from windows 7 machine and the text print is single page. But, same notepad file with same page settings when we print from windows 10 machine the printing text will in two page. Same file when we...
  7. Notepad Black Theme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad Black Theme: Is a Black or Dark Theme Available for Notepad App? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-black-theme/3f96e5b5-59d2-4da6-8a00-163f631cea4d
  8. Launching exe file change its modified date

Launching exe file change its modified date: I have upgraded to Win 10 and getting used to it little by little. There is something new which I find quite annoying. Whenever I launch an exe file, the modified date is changed to the present date/time. Is there a way to disable that like in all previous versions of...
  9. Sound problem when launching from .exe

Sound problem when launching from .exe: I have a problem with this program (a game), which for some off reason, does not launch with sound enabled. However, when I launch it through another program such as GeForce experience, or Raptr, the sound works one time and then refuses to work again after launching for a...
  10. Shortcut won't launch iTunes. Can launch from .exe

Shortcut won't launch iTunes. Can launch from .exe: The "target" and "start in" settings are identical: C:\Program Files\iTunes.exe. The "open file location" button goes to the correct folder and file. Each time I click the shortcut a new instance of iTunes appears in Task Manager, but nothing appears on the screen. If I go...