Windows 10: Creating 1 file out of many

Discus and support Creating 1 file out of many in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 7 files on my desktop that I would like to combine into just 1 file. I have tried the stacking method of pulling one over and stacking it on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Stewaka2, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Stewaka2 Win User

Creating 1 file out of many

I have 7 files on my desktop that I would like to combine into just 1 file. I have tried the stacking method of pulling one over and stacking it on top of the other, and it didn't work. So I need to know how to take those seven files and combine them into one filing cabinet drawer, so to speak.

:)

Stewaka2, Jan 27, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 27, 2021
  3. oily_17 Win User
    Batch Files Knowledge Base

Don't use batch files very much but one I find useful is for creating a list of files in a directory.
    Just copy the text below into Notepad and save as Filelist.bat

dir /a /-p /o:gen >filelist.txt

When you run it from a folder it will create a Filelist.txt file,in the same folder, that lists all the files in that folder.Useful when you are too lazy to type all the files out yourself.

oily_17, Jan 27, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

File Explorer

What I saw from the Disk Management, You did not do a clean install, you probably did an in place upgrade. The 100MB System Reserved is normally used in Window 7. For a fresh install the Disk partition scheme should be as follows:
    1. 500 MB System Reserved partition
    2. C- Drive.
    Since you did not have to many apps installed, I would re-install Windows 10 as suggested above. It is better to have your Windows installed on the first sata port (Disk 0) so I suggest to open the case and connect the cable from disk 0 to disk 2 where you have C: drive. Disconnect the other cables for now and do the steps below:
    1. Boot up with Windows installation media
    2. On the first screen. Press SHIFT + F10 and type
      diskpart
      select disk 0
      clean
      exit
      exit
    3. Continue with Installation, select the unallocated partition then click Next (Do not create partition/format. Let Windows create the needed partitions.
    4. Once done, reconnect the other cables for drive D and E.
    5. Reboot, your Disk 0 should contain 500MB system reserved and C drive.

topgundcp, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

1. Creating 1 file out of many - Similar Threads - Creating file many

2. Robocopy error with OneDrive folder, create 0kb files and skip many others files!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Robocopy error with OneDrive folder, create 0kb files and skip many others files!!!: HiI use robocopy to sync OneDrive folder from PC to server as backup.But, some files on backup server is 0kb and robocopy have problems with žćčšđ croatian letters in file/folder names.Before moving to OneDrive this wont happen.What's wrong?example off error and this error is...
  3. Robocopy error with OneDrive folder, create 0kb files and skip many others files!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Robocopy error with OneDrive folder, create 0kb files and skip many others files!!!: HiI use robocopy to sync OneDrive folder from PC to server as backup.But, some files on backup server is 0kb and robocopy have problems with žćčšđ croatian letters in file/folder names.Before moving to OneDrive this wont happen.What's wrong?example off error and this error is...
  4. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR with out creating minidump file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR with out creating minidump file: I have this IdeaPad 3 15ADA05 Laptop - Type 81W1 since march 2021 running windwos 10. My pc started shuting down with the bsod WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR but it doesn't create the minidump file, but when i used NotMyFault.exe a software that chrash your computer and it has...
  5. An exercise require me to find an .inf file created in 1/1/2001

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    An exercise require me to find an .inf file created in 1/1/2001: So an exercise in my IT class want me to find an .inf file that is created in 1/1/2001 and contain microsoft and i cannot find it. is this question wrong or is this file deleted in windows 10 or something submitted by /u/Lazyocelot1611 [link] [comments]...
  6. debug.log file is created automatically. please help out!!!!...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    debug.log file is created automatically. please help out!!!!...: [1012/220543.515:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. 0x3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/debuglog-file-is-created-automatically-please-help/c18d5bf1-89fd-4f9d-b232-56ed30882ddb
  7. Recreating an Outlook PST file from many split-files created by Windows Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recreating an Outlook PST file from many split-files created by Windows Backup: I want to recover my Outlook 2016 PST file from a Backup created by a previous installation of Windows 10. I lost access to my PC and had to reinstall Windows 10, losing all my user data on the C: drive in the process. All my data is backed up to OneDrive except for my...
  8. Windows creating many .ini files, causine problems for OneDrive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows creating many .ini files, causine problems for OneDrive: My Onedrive is constantly reporting .ini and .db files that it cannot process. Frequently it halts and I get OneDrive "Can't upload files - A file problem is blocking all uploads" At this point OneDrive is not giving me the backup that I need. If...
  9. Compressed zipped folder not created for folders with many files and at least three...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Compressed zipped folder not created for folders with many files and at least three...: When I attempt to send a folder that has many files and at least three sub-folder levels by right clicking the folder, hovering to 'Send to' and then clicking the 'compressed (zipped) folder', nothing happens. But when I perform the same procedure of sending a folder to...
  10. Firefox ban on SHA-1 dropped after many locked out of HTTPS sites

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox ban on SHA-1 dropped after many locked out of HTTPS sites: Mozilla has temporarily reinstated support for a vulnerable cryptographic algorithm after some Firefox users were unable to access encrypted HTTPS websites. The browser maker blamed the unintended consequence of deprecating support for SHA-1 certificates on...