Windows 10: creating a backup option either to cloud (is there a cost) &/or on dvd's

Discus and support creating a backup option either to cloud (is there a cost) &/or on dvd's in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Am new to web although have been involved with computers since 1965. Just got a newer desktop with windows 10 which has a preinstalled windows 10 -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Louis Gautron, Nov 18, 2019.

1. creating a backup option either to cloud (is there a cost) &/or on dvd's

Am new to web although have been involved with computers since 1965. Just got a newer desktop with windows 10

which has a preinstalled windows 10 - but I have no boot disk in case of a crash. 2nd Q. Cannot find Defrag anywhere.

3rd Q. At start button no option to connect to google easily - just get Bing, which is Ok but?

Thanks, Lou

:)

Louis Gautron, Nov 18, 2019

2. backup protected dvds

I want to create backup copies of my favorite DVD collections and I tried Nero but it said that the DVDs are protected. I tried looking for another software and I found this list of DVD copy software that claimed to be the best for copying protected DVDs. I need a feedback from someone who has tried using any of these software before I'll buy one. I just want to make sure so I can burn my DVDs and not my money. If you have any other suggestions or recommendations I would really appreciate it.

BurningNewbie, Nov 18, 2019
  3. Fourstaff Win User
    Are DVD-R's a good, cheap and reliable backup option ?

+1 on W1z's suggestion. Do multiple backups everywhere. DVD's are particularly bad because they have unstable lifetimes.

Fourstaff, Nov 18, 2019
  4. creating a backup option either to cloud (is there a cost) &/or on dvd's

backup protected dvds

So is there a way where we can legally create a backup copies of our personal DVD collections?

BurningNewbie, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

creating a backup option either to cloud (is there a cost) &/or on dvd's

1. creating a backup option either to cloud (is there a cost) &/or on dvd's - Similar Threads - creating backup option

2. No option for cloud-based backups in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No option for cloud-based backups in Windows 10: Settings > Update and Security > Backup.I no longer have an option for cloud-based backups and can only setup backups using a local drive. Additionally, OneDrive no longer has the option to backup "Important PC Folders".This is an issue on my desktop machine that was recently...
  3. Which cloud backup if any?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Which cloud backup if any?: Windows 10 1909 (build 18363.836) Hello folks. So I have a few external hard drives and regularly do file back ups and the occasional system image. More file backups. Just clean installed 1909 and set everything up and every time I do a clean install and faff about with...
  4. Cloud services cost estimator not appearing in SCCM

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cloud services cost estimator not appearing in SCCM: Cloud services cost estimator not appearing in SCCM - I am currently running sccm current branch 1910 , i believe that the feature was available in 1903. is there anything i need to do to enable this??...
  5. Backup Options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup Options: Good day all! Is anyone knows how to manage the windows 10 backup options bypassing the Microsoft default setting? Windows 10 Backup has no longer given the options to chose which drive / partitions or folders to backup as part of a full-backup. It gives the option to add...
  6. Create recovery drive with "backup of system files" option.

Create recovery drive with "backup of system files" option.: Hello friends! I have a little doubt regarding the creation of a recovery disc.When starting the creation of a recovery unit, if I select the option "Back up system files to the recovery drive", according to the media creation program, I can perform a Windows installation...
  7. Trying to create a Windows backup system image file via DVD

Trying to create a Windows backup system image file via DVD: When I try to create a system backup image file using Windows 10 and I want to do this using DVD's it has the disk is too small. It's a standard size DVD. With Windows 7 I was able to use these same DVD's and it took 3. I was able to successfully restore using those disks...
  8. Anyone with experience in cloud backup?

Anyone with experience in cloud backup?: Which is the best cloud service where I can host gigabytes of data? The service should offer high security because, I need to backup my business database and related stuffs. I have tried Google drive but not satisfied with it. One of my friend is using Cloud Backup Disaster...
  9. Backup Options?

Backup Options?: Hi, How do you guys and girls, backup your data? I just got this, hoping it wasn't a mistake - WD 8 TB My Cloud EX2 Ultra Network Attached Storage - Black (WDBVBZ0080JCH-EESN). Thanks 97184
  10. Macrium Create Tescue Media ..on backup hdd or on DVD disk??

Macrium Create Tescue Media ..on backup hdd or on DVD disk??: I see two choices are available in creating rescue media... Which choice is better? If I create the rescue media on the backup drive which has the system partirion and the data partition do I need to also make the DVD rescue disk too? 70819