Windows 10: Creating a Boot Disk in Windows 10

Discus and support Creating a Boot Disk in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I want to create a simple boot disk that will boot into Windows recovery.I tried in 'Backup and Restore (Windows 7)' and selected 'Create a system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by JamesJoey, Sep 11, 2019.

1. JamesJoey Win User

Creating a Boot Disk in Windows 10

I want to create a simple boot disk that will boot into Windows recovery.I tried in 'Backup and Restore (Windows 7)' and selected 'Create a system repair disk' but,it tells me there files needed to create a system repair disk were not found...'I get no other instructions.
    Also, I've been to the media creation page but it gives me the impression that it creates an
    installation disk as opposed to a boot disk.
    Any ideas?James

:)

JamesJoey, Sep 11, 2019

2. how to create a start-up disk for windows 10 pro

Hi,

To help you create a recovery drive, we suggest that you try to follow the steps found in the article below:

We would also need to ask you if you are trying to create a bootable USB disk for Windows 10.

Let us know so that we can further help.

Marivel Man, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Creating a Boot Disk in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Creating Boot Disk

2. Creating Windows 10 rescue disk problem!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating Windows 10 rescue disk problem!!!: It keeps saying A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive What i tried: 1. i manually formatted my flash drive 2. i used sfc /scannow my flash drive is an sandisk 16gb...
  3. create boot disk

create boot disk: Hello, My name is Jackie Smith. I would like to know if I can create a boot disk for windows 10 recovery, using my window 7 computer. Please e-mail me. Thank You, Jackie Smith...
  4. Problems booting with cloned disk created with Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Problems booting with cloned disk created with Macrium Reflect: I am puzzled by this, I have been using Macrium Reflect for a decade. I have several SSDs in the machine, and I run Macrium Reflect clone this disk option. It creates a perfect image/clone. Except that the disk is not bootable. The hardware is MSI Titan GT80 SLI. When I hit...
  5. How to Create a Boot Disk in Windows 10

How to Create a Boot Disk in Windows 10: I know this should be easy but I haven't figured it out yet. I want to create a simple boot disk that will boot into Windows recovery. I tried in 'Backup and Restore (Windows 7)' and selected 'Create a system repair disk' but, it tells me there files needed to create a...
  6. Creating a Windows 10 recovery disk fails

Creating a Windows 10 recovery disk fails: When creating a Windows 10 recovery disk to USB it fails. Searching the Windows 10 forums indicates that this is a known issue with Windows 10. The only alternative is to created a bootable Windows 10 USB which requires the Windows 10 license. This did not come with the PC...
  7. Creating repair\boot disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Creating repair\boot disk: I lost my boot disk and am trying to create a new one on this Dell computer to transfer to my Lenova. Suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-repairboot-disk/5624f3e1-91ee-4dde-bd35-d909ebdaed96
  8. create a recovery disk on windows 10

create a recovery disk on windows 10: create a recovery disk on windows 10 using usb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/create-a-recovery-disk-on-windows-10/c07ebaa3-79a8-4177-9df9-376656fb136f
  9. Is it possible to create a Windows Defender Offline Scan boot disk for Windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is it possible to create a Windows Defender Offline Scan boot disk for Windows 10?: Since the late June, 2018, Windows 10 Pro update (KB4284848) I am not able to run the Offline Scan. The Version is 1803 and the build is 17134.137....
  10. How to create the boot disk by using Macrium Free?

How to create the boot disk by using Macrium Free?: I have read this,but I'm still puzzled. I have downloaded a Windows 10 ISO image with the install.wim.And in this page [img] it still need download the wim,I really don't know the reason. Have I got something wrong? 74908