Windows 10: Creating a bootable drive

Discus and support Creating a bootable drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am going to be using a Clickfree backup drive as a Windows 10 bootable drive. [img] Does the bootable mage need to be burned onto the drive or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jwblue, Mar 6, 2019.

1. jwblue Win User

Creating a bootable drive

I am going to be using a Clickfree backup drive as a Windows 10 bootable drive.

Creating a bootable drive [​IMG]

Does the bootable mage need to be burned onto the drive or can the file just be copied?

:)

jwblue, Mar 6, 2019
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Chewy Win User
    Ipod bootable drive?

I want to know if I can make my ipod a usb bootable drive.. will it mess up my ipod? I need to flash my video card back to normal.. Neros bootable cd gave me an error. I used a step by step guide, but thats another story.

Chewy, Mar 6, 2019
  4. Creating a bootable drive

Hello sepi2008,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

Here is step-by-step guide to create bootable USB:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-create-bootabl...

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Creating a bootable drive - Similar Threads - Creating bootable drive

2. Creating bootable drive fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating bootable drive fails: Whenever I am trying to install windows 11 I am getting this error code0x80070003 - 0xA001BPlease tell whats the issue Is it with my pc or with the softwareI had tried it with different drives...
  3. Creating bootable drive fails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating bootable drive fails: Whenever I am trying to install windows 11 I am getting this error code0x80070003 - 0xA001BPlease tell whats the issue Is it with my pc or with the softwareI had tried it with different drives...
  4. Creating a bootable flash drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating a bootable flash drive: Hello beautiful people I'm creating a bootable thumb drive because I have 2 new computers and one is having issues. So going by the answers in these forums I have been unsuccessful fixing the issues and the next on the list from here was to do this . My question is How long...
  5. Creating a bootable flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a bootable flash drive: Hello beautiful people I'm creating a bootable thumb drive because I have 2 new computers and one is having issues. So going by the answers in these forums I have been unsuccessful fixing the issues and the next on the list from here was to do this . My question is How long...
  6. Creating a bootable flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. creating bootable cd/usb drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    creating bootable cd/usb drive.: How do you create a bootable cd/USB drive in windows 10 or can I? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-bootable-cdusb-drive/9d71be61-a696-496a-9b75-d5cd792e0208
  8. Creating a bootable USB drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating a bootable USB drive: Hi, I was experiencing something unexpected, when trying to create the drive. Maybe you can tell me what went wrong, as I do not understand it. So, I wanted to help a friend reinstall the OS via thumb drive. This should be pretty straightforward. Download the ISO use a...
  9. Creating a bootable drive

Creating a bootable drive: How can I use a USB drive that has Windows 10 CD image on there to create a bootable drive. Either USB or CD. I browse the files on the usb that I have and it has setup and folders for x86 and x64, etc....I want to make a bootable USB or CD for Windows 10. I also have a...
  10. Creating a Bootable Drive

Creating a Bootable Drive: Hello everyone, I am trying to create a bootable Windows 10 Enterprise 1809 flash drive using Rufus. This method use to work with me with all my Windows Enterprise Anniversary updates. For some reason, it is indeed not appearing when I restart my computer to boot into it....