Windows 10: Creating a contact from a received email in the native Windows 10 Mail App

Discus and support Creating a contact from a received email in the native Windows 10 Mail App in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I can't seem to figure out if you can create a contact from a received email in the native Windows 10 app. Am I missing something? submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Xx-Supadupa-xX, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Creating a contact from a received email in the native Windows 10 Mail App

I can't seem to figure out if you can create a contact from a received email in the native Windows 10 app. Am I missing something?

submitted by /u/Xx-Supadupa-xX
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Xx-Supadupa-xX, Nov 9, 2019
  2. davidhk Win User

Email contacts missing

1. If you open Mail app and click the + sign for New mail > type first couple of letters of a contact name > will a list of suggested names appear ?

2. Go to All apps > scroll to P > click People. Is the contact list there ?

davidhk, Nov 9, 2019
  3. kimstrom Win User
    Cannot save email address from Mail app to People app

I am trying to add an email address from an existing email from the Windows 10 Mail app to the Windows 10 People app. I click the email adress, click OPEN CONTACT, click SAVE. It does not save. Instead, it opens my list of contacts and asks me to "Choose a contact". I have to be able to save new contacts from my emails I receive. Does anyone have a solution?

kimstrom, Nov 9, 2019
  4. bestellen Win User

Creating a contact from a received email in the native Windows 10 Mail App

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Creating a contact from a received email in the native Windows 10 Mail App

1. Creating a contact from a received email in the native Windows 10 Mail App - Similar Threads - Creating contact received

2. Add contact from email in Windows10 mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add contact from email in Windows10 mail app: How do I add a contact from an email in Windows10 Mail app? I left clicked on the sender in the received email, but how do I save the sender's email address as a contact? For example in this email sent from Yahoo:- [ATTACH] I can send an email to the contact but there...
  3. Import email contacts from Window Mail

Import email contacts from Window Mail: I recently purchased a new windows 10 computer. Is their a method to import my contacts from the older computer wirelessly? Fortunately the older computer works and I guess that a couple could be made and transferred somehow. Thanks for any help....
  4. windows mail 10 adding contacts from email issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows mail 10 adding contacts from email issue: Hello, When I started with my current computer I was able to use the Mail app to add contact information from received emails directly into the people app. All I had to do was click on the name and either save it or open contact and it would take me to the people app...
  5. Windows 10 Mail app contacts - Other email

Windows 10 Mail app contacts - Other email: While trying to share a file I noticed there is a BOT contact in my computer - *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. This is obviously NOT MINE and has somehow been dropped into my machine. So I want to delete this contact and I have found other garbage contacts...
  6. Has the ability to create contact from email in Mail app been discontinued

Has the ability to create contact from email in Mail app been discontinued: Mail app version; Version 16005.12228.20410.0 This used to be available Add a contact from an email If you're using the Mail app, you can save a contact from an email to the People app. Select the Start button, then select Mail. Choose a message. Select the name of the...
  7. Create a Contact from a received email, Win10 Mail App

Create a Contact from a received email, Win10 Mail App: How do you add a person to your Contacts/People from their email? Until a few months ago , I could click on their icon or email address in their email to me, and it would be saved. Now, if I click on their email address, I just get an option to save the link. I have to...
  8. Importing Contacts from Yahoo email to Windows 10 mail

Importing Contacts from Yahoo email to Windows 10 mail: How do you Import Contacts from Yahoo email to Windows 10 mail. I have tried for hours to do it! None of the search engine instructions work!!!...
  9. Windows 10 Mail app not sending or receiving emails

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mail app not sending or receiving emails: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]We’ve heard of several folks speaking of the inability to send emails from the built-in Mail app within Windows 10. Now, this can be a huge problem for those who receive and send emails on a regular basis. We understand [...] This post Windows 10 Mail app...
  10. Extract emails and contacts from Windows 10 Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    Extract emails and contacts from Windows 10 Mail App: Hello, I recently discovered that there is no backup or mail export feature in the Windows 10 Mail app. I need this capability so I intend to move to another email client (probably Thunderbird). I have two accounts in the W10 mail app, one Gmail and one POP3 account. The...