Windows 10: Creating a copy/back up of Device Manager

Discus and support Creating a copy/back up of Device Manager in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Win 10 installed on a very old Toshiba laptop that is working but full of junk, malware and so on and possibly other nasties, no files or data requires... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Jaylob4, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Jaylob4 Win User

Creating a copy/back up of Device Manager

Win 10 installed on a very old Toshiba laptop that is working but full of junk, malware and so on and possibly other nasties, no files or data requires saving. Is it possible to create a copy/back up of existing device manager and all its contained drivers and so on? I would like to refresh/reinstall Windows 10 and it would save a whole lot of time searching around again for suitable drivers if Windows generic drivers won't work.

:)

Jaylob4, Jun 20, 2021

2. No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

Creating a copy/back up of Device Manager What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, Jun 20, 2021
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, Jun 20, 2021
  4. Creating a copy/back up of Device Manager

USB devices have yellow marker in device manager under 'Other devices'

Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• What is the make and model of your devices?

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter and check.

• Press the Windows + X,
      and click on Search.

• Type troubleshooting and select
      Troubleshooting

• Click on Hardware and Sound and select
      Hardware and Devices

• Click on Next to run the troubleshooter

Method 2: Update USB Controllers.

To update the USB Controllers from Device Manager follow these steps.

• Go to Device manager in control panel.

• Select Device manager and a Device Manager window will pop-up.

• Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.

• Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Jun 20, 2021
Thema:

Creating a copy/back up of Device Manager

1. Creating a copy/back up of Device Manager - Similar Threads - Creating copy Device

2. USB device not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB device not showing up in device manager: I have an Epson DS-530 scanner that was set up and running fine on my desktop a while ago before it stopped working.I have been able to set it up on another computer with no problem so I know it is not a bad cable/device, but it is not showing up in the device manager.Any...
  3. Creating a copy/back up of Device Manger

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating a copy/back up of Device Manger: Win 10 installed on a very old Toshiba laptop that is working but full of junk, malware and so on and possibly other nasties, no files or data requires saving. Is it possible to create a copy/back up of existing device manager and all its contained drivers and so on? I would...
  4. Creating copies

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating copies: Why is my computer creating file copies when holding down CTRL and checking some files? submitted by /u/SmellyFeet2005 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mfmiyq/creating_copies/
  5. Touchpad device not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad device not showing up in device manager: [ATTACH] I just installed windows 10, and i can't find my touchpad, i can't even find touchpad in the windows settings.[ATTACH] I tried to install a driver for my touchpad but i can't find one. Can someone please send me a link of a driver or tell me how to fix this...
  6. copy and back up files

in Windows 10 Customization
    copy and back up files: Win 10 I have backed up and copied all files of my satnav in car navigation system to a SD card successfully however it is not recognised by the sat navigation all files as per the original are present within the new SD card Help Please...
  7. Unable to create a System Back Up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to create a System Back Up: I have tried to create the system image backup on many occasions with out success, (I did succeed once when the Laptop was new! ) I keep getting the same error message, so have carried out a full long re Format of the external drive which I wish to use and tried again but...
  8. Creating back up for Zotero library

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating back up for Zotero library: I want to create a back up for Zotero library, but I cannot move one level up in the file directory so that I can access the Zotero library on WIN 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-back-up-for-zotero-library/8bdd17cc-d81e-4b55-8a05-a8c565bad3bf"
  9. How to delete double copy of back up

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to delete double copy of back up: I am not sure how it happened, but there are two identical back up copies on my external hard drive. I tried to delete one by right clicking on the drive, but there is no delete icon on the list. How can I accomplish that. PS these are back ups made with windows10 88090
  10. Device Manager - Copy and Paste Information

in Windows 10 Support
    Device Manager - Copy and Paste Information: Is there any chance that the Device Manager in Win 10 allows the user to copy and paste information like Driver File Details when troubleshooting? In my experience Windows has often displayed 'help information' or 'error messages' that can only be shared if one does a screen...