Windows 10: Creating a copy/back up of Device Manger

Discus and support Creating a copy/back up of Device Manger in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win 10 installed on a very old Toshiba laptop that is working but full of junk, malware and so on and possibly other nasties, no files or data requires... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jaylob4, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Jaylob4 Win User

Creating a copy/back up of Device Manger

Win 10 installed on a very old Toshiba laptop that is working but full of junk, malware and so on and possibly other nasties, no files or data requires saving. Is it possible to create a copy/back up of existing device manager and all its contained drivers and so on? I would like to refresh/reinstall Windows 10 and it would save a whole lot of time searching around again for suitable drivers if Windows generic drivers won't work.

:)

Jaylob4, Jun 19, 2021

2. my dvd / cd drive is not listed in device manger

i have installed win 10 and my drive works power going to it but not listed in device manger

charlesfrischknecht, Jun 19, 2021
  3. Device Manager Missing

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the following details.

• Are you able to see device manager in Control Panel?

• What is the status when you click on the option?

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?

• Since when did the issue started appearing?

As a work around, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on Start Menu
    Check if you are able to see device manger in the pop up menu.

Please reply with the details and updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jun 19, 2021
  4. Creating a copy/back up of Device Manger

Delicieuxz, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

Creating a copy/back up of Device Manger

1. Creating a copy/back up of Device Manger - Similar Threads - Creating copy Device

2. Creating a copy/back up of Device Manager

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Creating a copy/back up of Device Manager: Win 10 installed on a very old Toshiba laptop that is working but full of junk, malware and so on and possibly other nasties, no files or data requires saving. Is it possible to create a copy/back up of existing device manager and all its contained drivers and so on? I would...
  3. Creating copies

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating copies: Why is my computer creating file copies when holding down CTRL and checking some files? submitted by /u/SmellyFeet2005 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mfmiyq/creating_copies/
  4. No output device detected and device manger blocked by the administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    No output device detected and device manger blocked by the administrator: Hi! I'm having some troubles with my sound device. Yesterday I restart my laptop for a windows update, when the update finish I try to use my laptop again but the sound was gone. I check and it seems I no longer have audio devices on my laptop but I have it before the...
  5. Device Manger

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Manger: hi I'm running windows 10 64 bit on ASUS vivo note book ,everything is working no problems ,but when I open device manger two items are flagged so I did the normal I uninstalled the drivers rebooted and reinstalled the drivers ,but the same two items are still flagged....
  6. copy and back up files

in Windows 10 Customization
    copy and back up files: Win 10 I have backed up and copied all files of my satnav in car navigation system to a SD card successfully however it is not recognised by the sat navigation all files as per the original are present within the new SD card Help Please...
  7. Unable to create a System Back Up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to create a System Back Up: I have tried to create the system image backup on many occasions with out success, (I did succeed once when the Laptop was new! ) I keep getting the same error message, so have carried out a full long re Format of the external drive which I wish to use and tried again but...
  8. Creating back up for Zotero library

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating back up for Zotero library: I want to create a back up for Zotero library, but I cannot move one level up in the file directory so that I can access the Zotero library on WIN 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-back-up-for-zotero-library/8bdd17cc-d81e-4b55-8a05-a8c565bad3bf"
  9. File Manger does not show a device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File Manger does not show a device.: Win 10. My second internal hard drive (D:) shows in BIOS, Device Manager and Disk Management but not in File Explorer - how l can I add it to copy filesto it.?...
  10. How to delete double copy of back up

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to delete double copy of back up: I am not sure how it happened, but there are two identical back up copies on my external hard drive. I tried to delete one by right clicking on the drive, but there is no delete icon on the list. How can I accomplish that. PS these are back ups made with windows10 88090