Windows 10: Creating a custom setup for Office 365 Applications on Install

Discus and support Creating a custom setup for Office 365 Applications on Install in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; In Office 365 for many of the programs such as Word, Excel etc. , there is an option to "show the Start screen when the application starts" that by... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by questorfla, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Creating a custom setup for Office 365 Applications on Install

In Office 365 for many of the programs such as Word, Excel etc. , there is an option to "show the Start screen when the application starts" that by default is set to ON. On every system where I install Office365 we would like for this option to be UNchecked and instead have the program Start with a Blank Page.
    I have always done this manually in Options but wondered if there wasn’t some registry setting or other than i could employ during the system setup to make these choices a default? I would also like to set the default font to Arial 11pt normal and a few other things that I currently must do manually on each system.
    Is there a specific registry location that once setup, I could exp[ort and then import into each new load of Office 365 to preset all the desired settings? Or some other way to get the whole package arranged for all the programs such as a template? We use a Click-to-run version of Office 365 if it matters.

:)

questorfla, Dec 1, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

office 365 : Project application not working

Hi Manikanta, that looks like your Office 365 installation is somehow corrupt, follow these steps to perform a full repair of your Office installation . . .

Open Control Panel - Programs and Features

Click Microsoft Office in the list of installed applications

At the top, click 'Change'

On the resulting dialog, click 'Repair' - choose the Online Repair, it is a comprehensive fix

That should fix any issues with your Office Installation . . .

DaveM121, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Office 365 setup help.

Hello

How do we setup Office 365?

I tapped on setup and in the list of email servers, I selected Hotmail and put up the credential. Like in NOKIA Faq it asks to sign using outlook but I did it with hotmail. Is it okay? It still shows up option to setup if I tap Office 365 option in 'places.'

Before this I had already setup Email and accounts and using skydrive, but not office 365.

Thanks!

Creaturebot, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Creating a custom setup for Office 365 Applications on Install

Cortana & Office 365 Integration

We are trying to integrate Cortana with our Office 365 subscription, but it never works. Here are the steps we have done:

• Turned on Cortona in the Office 365 Admin portal
    • We are using Windows 10 1703 – connected Office 365 service to Cortana
    Did the same on windows 10 mobile with no luck, Cortana says its connected to Office 365, but sees no data and we are getting zero errors

We went rough office 365 support first and tried all fo their suggestions, they kicked us over to Windows support which is currently closed.

We are on v1703 with all updates in place, it does not work on Windows 10 desktop or mobile

any ideas? I can give you all steps 365 support had us run through if that will be helpful

Thank you

Doug

Douglas Clelland, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

Creating a custom setup for Office 365 Applications on Install

1. Creating a custom setup for Office 365 Applications on Install - Similar Threads - Creating custom setup

2. Creating a macro with Office 365 - Excel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creating a macro with Office 365 - Excel: I created a macro about 2012 for a charity using Excel 2010. It still runs but I now need to create a similar macro for a second charity. As I am not a coder I used the easy process of recording my actions in 2012. I upgraded my PC last year with Office 365 Premium. The...
  3. Office 365 Applications unable to open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Office 365 Applications unable to open: "This service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it." This is the error message I get when trying to open any office 365 applications. I'm not really sure when this actually happened, because I have not...
  4. Office 365 Customer Experience and Telemetry Dashboard

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 Customer Experience and Telemetry Dashboard: Office 365 has Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) and Telemetry Dashboard Log. Are these features enabled by default? If so, do I need them enabled or can I turn them off? I am pretty sure they can be disabled in the group policy editor and/or registry editor....
  5. Office 365 Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office 365 Install: I purchased a Surface Pro 6 today and along with it I bought Office 365. I went to install it however since I already have an Office Student account, I could not find anywhere to enter the product key for my new Office 365 program. Just want to make sure I get the full year...
  6. Installing Office 365

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing Office 365: I am trying to install Office 365 Personal and keep getting an error message from the set up page. It says the sight is temporarily down for maintenance. Anyone know how long it will be down?...
  7. Office 365 now with improved brand customization

in Windows 10 News
    Office 365 now with improved brand customization: In today’s modern workplace, people use many different apps, services, and tools to identify what’s their most important work to complete. Valuable time is wasted looking for the most recent content, like searching for new comments in one’s documents, and the most relevant...
  8. office 365 : Project application not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    office 365 : Project application not working: the ordinal 5207 could not be located in the dynamic link library c:\program files (x86)\microsoft office\root\office16\winproj.exe...
  9. Office 365 Install

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 Install: How long does it normally take to install Office 365? I'm trying to install Office 365 and it's been over 10 minutes and all I get is spinning dots and the message "We're sorry for the wait. The page is taking longer to load than expected". I'm install through Edge. 31129
  10. Announcing Customer Lockbox for Office 365

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Customer Lockbox for Office 365: As a cloud services provider, we recognize that organizations understandably want to have full control over access to their content stored in cloud services. Today at RSA, we announced Customer Lockbox for Office 365, a new capability designed to provide customers with...