Windows 10: Creating a deployment windows 10 image

Discus and support Creating a deployment windows 10 image in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Looking to create a deployment method for windows 10 pro image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rlfranklin2, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Creating a deployment windows 10 image

Looking to create a deployment method for windows 10 pro image

:)

rlfranklin2, Oct 18, 2018
  2. Kursah Win User

Help, cant create windows image

Use Windows AIK and maybe a little command line action. *Toast :toast:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee523217(v=ws.10).aspx

Edit: I should add there's quite a few steps, but there are guides that explain this with less detail to make it easier out there. It takes a little time, but you'll have a good image. Don't worry about cleaning it up if you're happy with it since you aren't creating a deployment image for other workstations.

Kursah, Oct 18, 2018
  3. Help, cant create windows image

Hello there, @fullinfusion!

It seems like some sort of an OS confusion has happened with your secondary WD Black and I'm sorry to hear about that. *Frown Creating a deployment windows 10 image :(
    Maybe re-formatting it would help indeed as the community already mentioned. I'd suggest to take a look at this step-by-step how to partition and format an HDD: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=PYCoid
    Keep in mind that this will wipe clean the drive, so you should backup all important data from the drive somewhere else.
    I noticed from the screenshots that your HDD appears as Disk 0, this means that it's plugged in the primary SATA port where the SSD (as an OS drive) should be. Actually it is possible that because of this Windows cannot create the image there. Swap the ports of the SSD and the HDD, this might help as well.

Keep me posted. Hope this helped! *Smile Creating a deployment windows 10 image :)
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Oct 18, 2018
  4. Kari Win User

Creating a deployment windows 10 image

Customised Windows 10 deployment on multiple desktops and laptops.

OK, after giving this a thought and thinking how I would do it, here's my suggestion. Please notice that, as I said, this is how I would do it. Other geeks might disagree with parts or all of it.

I tested this scenario using one Hyper-V VM as technician machine (the one to build image) and three virtual machines to test simultaneous deployment in two scenarios:
    • Capturing install.wim from technician machine and using DISM to apply / deploy image from a network share
    • Capturing install.wim from technician machine, making ISO from it, deploying by clean installing from ISO burned to Flash drive
    Based on the fact that ISO method is clearly faster and simpler, it is what I suggest to you. I estimate you would need an hour and half to two hours to customize install image, capture it and make an ISO, then assuming you would make 5 Flash drives for install / deployment you would need about half an hour per five machines, in other words you would deploy to those 25 new machines in less than three hours, almost a full working day to deploy those 50 existing ones.

Two working days, day 1 to make the image and deploy to new machines, day 2 to deploy to old ones.

Chronological workflow based on my suggestion:

Phase 1, Image customization tutorial, parts One through Six:
    • Install Windows 10 on a technician machine (I recommend Hyper-V VM but any capable PC is OK)
    • Boot to Audit Mode
    • Update Windows, install software, customize & personalize Windows
    • Sysprep
    Phase 2:
    • Capture the install.wim from technician machine as told in this tutorial, Part Four steps 4.1 through 4.5 (physical PC as technician machine) or Part Four steps 4.6 through 4.13 (Hyper-V VM as technician machine)
    • Create ISO as told in same tutorial, Part Five
    • Burn / write ISO to as many Flash drives as you want to / need to for simultaneous installs
    • Boot production machines from Flash drive, install Windows 10
    The above is how I would do this. If you choose the DISM method instead, applying install.wim from a network share, see this Microsoft support article: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../hh824910.aspx

For more advanced deployment using MDT see this article: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../dn475741.aspx

Thema:

Creating a deployment windows 10 image

1. Creating a deployment windows 10 image - Similar Threads - Creating deployment image

2. Windows 10 20H2 sysprep image deployment issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 20H2 sysprep image deployment issue: Last year I upgraded windows 10 1809 to 2004 on a Dell Latitude 5510. I sysprepped the image and I have been deploying it to different model Dells without any problem. Now I upgraded that 2004 image to 20H2. Update was successful, sysprep runs successfully and laptop shuts...
  3. Windows 10 20H2 sysprep image deployment issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 20H2 sysprep image deployment issue: Last year I upgraded windows 10 1809 to 2004 on a Dell Latitude 5510. I sysprepped the image and I have been deploying it to different model Dells without any problem. Now I upgraded that 2004 image to 20H2. Update was successful, sysprep runs successfully and laptop shuts...
  4. License issue about creating clone image of windows 10 and deploy on the different machines...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    License issue about creating clone image of windows 10 and deploy on the different machines...: Our company owns Windows 10 pro education VL keys as an education institute. In the computer labs, we have about 600 laptops which have OEM Windows 10 keys from the manufacturersDell/lenovo/HP. Is there any license issues to create windows image from a system and deploy on...
  5. Creating System Image in Windows 10

Creating System Image in Windows 10: Regarding backups in Windows 10 based on the RECENT responses from the Microsoft Community to me regarding my concern: Ways of doing System Image: Control panel to Backup and Restore (Windows 7) to Create a System Image. Or Search for File history and select Create a...
  6. Windows 10 - Deployment Image - Loses %appdata%

Windows 10 - Deployment Image - Loses %appdata%: Hi There, I found this forum thru KariTheFinn's YouTube Videos which are superb! My first post is a problem that hunts me since quite some time now. I startet too more or less ignore it since it was only a problem with one program. But since I switch mail clients it's now...
  7. Creating/Deploying Windows 10 Image

Creating/Deploying Windows 10 Image: Hi all, I'm only a part time computer geek (OK, so more than part time), but I haven't dived into Windows ICD or image deployment. I know you use ICD to customize a provisioning package or image, but are there official tools or ways of converting a working live Windows 10...
  8. Create universal Windows 10 image?

Create universal Windows 10 image?: Hello, I am trying to create a universal windows 10 image based off of Enterprise X64 for work. A lot has changed since Windows 7, but for the most part ive got the image doing what I need it to do (Auto domain binding, prompting for computer name, auto wifi binding etc..)...
  9. Best way to create W10 Pro reference computer and deploy the image

Best way to create W10 Pro reference computer and deploy the image: Hi All, I've got some new DELL AIO Optiplex 3240s that are now running W10 Pro after successful clean installs. I am needing to set one up as a reference computer and then deploy that image to the rest of them. This is for the small library I work at, so we don't have a...
  10. Create System Image in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create System Image in Windows 10: How to: Create System Image in Windows 10 How to Create a System Image in Windows 10 [img] Information A system image is an exact copy of all system disks which can be used to restore your PC to the state it was in at the time the image was made. By default, a system...