Windows 10: Creating a hidden user

Discus and support Creating a hidden user in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I'm running a PC w/ Windows 10 Pro v.2004 and is not on a domain. I want to make my administrator account hidden from the user account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MasonDE, Oct 22, 2020.

1. MasonDE Win User

Creating a hidden user

Hi everyone,

I'm running a PC w/ Windows 10 Pro v.2004 and is not on a domain.

I want to make my administrator account hidden from the user account screen. Instead, I want an option that says "Other User" where I can type in the account's Username if I ever need to log in. That way, the standard users can log into this computer without having to see my Admin account's name.

Does anyone know if this is possible? Thank you in advance for any help!

:)

MasonDE, Oct 22, 2020
  2. Tryx3 Win User

create user fails windows 10

Geoff,

This is a shot in the dark.

Several people have been reporting different problems logging in to newly created user accounts.

• They just get a user profile service failed message instead of your symptoms.
    • Whilst their symptom is different, it occurs to me that the cause might be the same.
    • The common factor is that it affects newly-created user accounts that have never been successfully logged into.

So, I suggest having a look at my explanations in Cannot create a new user account that can be login.

In short -

1 Try copying the NTUSER.DAT file from the [hidden] C:\Users\Default folder of a computer that does not exhibit the problem.

2 Try copying the whole [hidden] C:\Users\Default folder group from a computer that does not exhibit the problem.

3 Try recreating the [hidden] C:\Users\Default folder group using Kapil Arya's linked article.

I have nothing other than a gut feeling to justify suggesting these steps,

Best of luck,

Denis

Tryx3, Oct 22, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Oct 22, 2020
  4. Creating a hidden user

Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    Creating a hidden user 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Creating a hidden user

1. Creating a hidden user - Similar Threads - Creating hidden user

2. My user folder is hidden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My user folder is hidden: I just got a new PC well it's an old second hand one from a friend and have been setting things up. They formatted the drives and reinstalled windows. I noticed that when I was trying to create desktop shortcuts for games using steam, the shortcuts just appeared as blank...
  3. My user folder is hidden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My user folder is hidden: I just got a new PC well it's an old second hand one from a friend and have been setting things up. They formatted the drives and reinstalled windows. I noticed that when I was trying to create desktop shortcuts for games using steam, the shortcuts just appeared as blank...
  4. $ Hidden folders in Users folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    $ Hidden folders in Users folder: Hi, I have encountered these hidden folders in my Users folder. Can someone please explain what are these? Other computers in domain doesn't seem to have these....
  5. $ Hidden folders in Users folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    $ Hidden folders in Users folder: Hi, I have encountered these hidden folders in my Users folder. Can someone please explain what are these? Other computers in domain doesn't seem to have these....
  6. Users created

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Users created: I'm not sure how these users got into my system or what's really happening. I'm trying to figure out how to remove them. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm not really sure how those TEMP users got in there. [img] 145609
  7. HIDDEN USER ADMINISTRATOR

in Windows 10 Customization
    HIDDEN USER ADMINISTRATOR: How to activate HIDDEN USER ADMINISTRATOR IN WINDOWS 10. why it is said can be activated but we should not do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hidden-user-administrator/6bb7cf15-14ff-4605-9388-536fc66e8581
  8. User Profile for Hidden Administrator

User Profile for Hidden Administrator: I occasionally use the Hidden Administrator account for security problems, stubborn undeletable files, etc. Question is can I use the User Profile from my W10 install on the Hidden Administrator? If yes, how? 40977
  9. Is it possible to create a hidden account?

Is it possible to create a hidden account?: Hello friends of the forum. I need to create an admin account in our home computer, but it needs to be a hidden account. Is it possible? I have access to everything in the computer, and I also had replaced the utilman.exe with the command line, to use it on the system...
  10. Remove "hidden" user

Remove "hidden" user: I have what might be a similar problem Trying to resolve confusion with accounts on wife's PC. We upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7 about a month ago. Background. She got the PC from her mother who is 92 and not interested in computers. Mother-in-law was given PC by a...