Windows 10: Creating a hotspot

Discus and support Creating a hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It's for general networking, the machine has no internet connection. 'Hosted network' is not supported for the Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377, on this Acer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AllenB, Jun 22, 2021.

1. AllenB Win User

Creating a hotspot

It's for general networking, the machine has no internet connection. 'Hosted network' is not supported for the Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377, on this Acer Aspire 3, with Windows build 1803. Therefore I want to work around this, or use another device (I have an ethernet connected router). Maybe irrelevant but in settings, 'Mobile Hotspot' I'm getting the message that it can't do anything if it doesn't have a data connection.

:)

AllenB, Jun 22, 2021
  2. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Jun 22, 2021
  3. hotspot cant be created in laptop

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community. Thank you for posting your query on community.

As your using the third party app for creating a Wi-Fi hot spot. I would Suggest you to use the "Hosted Network" for crating the Wi-Fi hotspot and check.

Window contains a useful feature called "Hosted Network" that allows you to turn your computer into a wireless hotspot. Hosted Network allows your computer to connect to a wireless access point while simultaneously acting as an access
    point for other computers and wireless devices. Included by default in Windows 8, the Microsoft Virtual Wi-Fi Miniport Adapter enables your computer to carry out this function. Included by default in Windows , the Microsoft Virtual Wi-Fi Miniport Adapter enables
    your computer to carry out this function. You can configure and turn on your virtual wireless hotspot by running Windows commands.

I would suggest you to refer to the links and check if it helps.

steps to create hotspot connection in windows8=

You can also refer to the suggestion by me from the following link and check if it helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...an-error/dcda6c8c-4e61-4b63-9dea-9096dc0a18ab

Hope this information is helpful. Get back to us for further issues on windows.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Jun 22, 2021
  4. Creating a hotspot

Enable Hotspot by CMD

I meant the Windows 10's Mobile Hotspot. And I had mentioned that I'm not referring to the hostednetwork, the link shared is using the hostednetork which not what I'm looking for.

lucifer9393, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

Creating a hotspot

1. Creating a hotspot - Similar Threads - Creating hotspot

2. Creating Vpn hotspot through an L2TP/IPSEC connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating Vpn hotspot through an L2TP/IPSEC connection: Hello, I don’t know who or if anyone is able to assist me with this question but what I am essentially trying to do is share my L2 TP VPN connection through the mobile hotspot on my windows 10 pc, I have tried to do this via linking my created network of the L2TP adapter VPN...
  3. No longer can create 5GHz mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No longer can create 5GHz mobile hotspot: When attempting to create a 5GHz mobile hotspot, I receive the error "the selected network band isn't available. Select a different band and try again." I have not recently changed any hardware, and my drivers are updated. This error started appearing about 2 weeks ago and...
  4. How to create a Dual Band Wifi Hotspot?

How to create a Dual Band Wifi Hotspot?: Hi, I'm trying to share my ethernet connection and create a Dual Band hotspot. When I turn the hotspot on, with the Network band set to "Any", I get the error message: You're sharing your connection over the 5 GHz network band. The network might not appear on devices that...
  5. not able to create wifi hotspot using a dial up connection on laptop windows 10

not able to create wifi hotspot using a dial up connection on laptop windows 10: The issue is regarding setup of wifi hotspot on windows 10 . I am currently using a dial up connection to access the internet and I am not able to share the internet connection via hotspot .. please help me solve this issue as soon as possible....
  6. Windows keeps creating hotspot while setting is turned off. How to solve

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keeps creating hotspot while setting is turned off. How to solve: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/apple-hacks-dell [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g00yi7/windows_keeps_creating_hotspot_while_setting_is/
  7. What is the difference between creating an Hotspot and the Internet connection sharing...

What is the difference between creating an Hotspot and the Internet connection sharing...: Basically, I don't understand what the internet connection sharing does differently. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-difference-between-creating-an-hotspot/596147a7-7730-47ff-9db5-af07f25f969f
  8. Creating Mobile Hotspot

Creating Mobile Hotspot: I am wanting to use my mobile internet data on my PC. I understand that to do this I need to create a 'mobile hotspot'. I am using Windows10 and cannot find this setting in my Network Settings tab. I am using a wired WiFi device ie connected to computer via usb cable Is...
  9. MyPublicWiFi/Connectify not able to create hotspot

MyPublicWiFi/Connectify not able to create hotspot: I was using MyPublicWiFi to share my internet connection Ethernet with static IP few months back at my workplace. For few months I had to work from an offsite location, so i used mobile hotspot for internet. Now that I returned, MyPublicWiFi has start hotspot button disabled....
  10. Is "Mobile Hotspot" feature the same with manually create "Hosted Network" ?

Is "Mobile Hotspot" feature the same with manually create "Hosted Network" ?: I use a USB wireless adapter TP-LINK TL-WN723N which support Hosted Network. I've tried to manually create a Hosted Network without any internet connection guided from the internet : 1. netsh wlan show drivers ---> Hosted network supported : Yes 2. netsh wlan set...