Windows 10: Creating a hotspot

Discus and support Creating a hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It's for general networking, the machine has no internet connection. 'Hosted network' is not supported for the Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377, on this Acer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AllenB, Jun 22, 2021.

1. AllenB Win User

Creating a hotspot

It's for general networking, the machine has no internet connection. 'Hosted network' is not supported for the Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377, on this Acer Aspire 3, with Windows build 1803. Therefore I want to work around this, or use another device (I have an ethernet connected router). Maybe irrelevant but in settings, 'Mobile Hotspot' I'm getting the message that it can't do anything if it doesn't have a data connection.

:)

AllenB, Jun 22, 2021
  2. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Jun 22, 2021
  3. hotspot cant be created in laptop

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community. Thank you for posting your query on community.

As your using the third party app for creating a Wi-Fi hot spot. I would Suggest you to use the "Hosted Network" for crating the Wi-Fi hotspot and check.

Window contains a useful feature called "Hosted Network" that allows you to turn your computer into a wireless hotspot. Hosted Network allows your computer to connect to a wireless access point while simultaneously acting as an access
    point for other computers and wireless devices. Included by default in Windows 8, the Microsoft Virtual Wi-Fi Miniport Adapter enables your computer to carry out this function. Included by default in Windows , the Microsoft Virtual Wi-Fi Miniport Adapter enables
    your computer to carry out this function. You can configure and turn on your virtual wireless hotspot by running Windows commands.

I would suggest you to refer to the links and check if it helps.

steps to create hotspot connection in windows8=

You can also refer to the suggestion by me from the following link and check if it helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...an-error/dcda6c8c-4e61-4b63-9dea-9096dc0a18ab

Hope this information is helpful. Get back to us for further issues on windows.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Jun 22, 2021
  4. Creating a hotspot

Enable Hotspot by CMD

I meant the Windows 10's Mobile Hotspot. And I had mentioned that I'm not referring to the hostednetwork, the link shared is using the hostednetork which not what I'm looking for.

lucifer9393, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

Creating a hotspot

1. Creating a hotspot - Similar Threads - Creating hotspot

2. Trouble Creating a 5G Wifi Hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble Creating a 5G Wifi Hotspot: I tried to create a 5G but whatever I try it keeps giving me this error.Interface name: WLAN Driver : IntelR Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 Vendor : Intel Corporation Provider : Intel Date : 09.08.2021 Version : 19.51.38.2 INF file : oem73.inf Type : Native Wi-Fi Driver Radio...
  3. Trouble Creating a 5G Wifi Hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble Creating a 5G Wifi Hotspot: I tried to create a 5G but whatever I try it keeps giving me this error.Interface name: WLAN Driver : IntelR Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 Vendor : Intel Corporation Provider : Intel Date : 09.08.2021 Version : 19.51.38.2 INF file : oem73.inf Type : Native Wi-Fi Driver Radio...
  4. Creating a WEP or unsecured hotspot on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a WEP or unsecured hotspot on windows 10: Hi,I'd like to create a WEP or unsecured mobile hotspot from my windows 10 laptop. I understand that this is insecure and not recommended however I want to use it to connect a device a nintendo DS to the internet that does not support proper WPA security, and having this as...
  5. Creating a WEP or unsecured hotspot on windows 10

Creating a WEP or unsecured hotspot on windows 10: Hi,I'd like to create a WEP or unsecured mobile hotspot from my windows 10 laptop. I understand that this is insecure and not recommended however I want to use it to connect a device a nintendo DS to the internet that does not support proper WPA security, and having this as...
  6. Creating a WEP or unsecured hotspot on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Creating 40MHz Hotspot, possible? Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating 40MHz Hotspot, possible? Windows 11: I was wondering if such thing is possible, given that the 20MHz band is only yielding 25Mbps most times from my AX200 wifi card running the March release of the drivers. Using my Note 20 with Extended WLAN details, the hotspot is only a 20MHz width.Google has not been...
  8. Creating 40MHz Hotspot, possible? Windows 11

Creating 40MHz Hotspot, possible? Windows 11: I was wondering if such thing is possible, given that the 20MHz band is only yielding 25Mbps most times from my AX200 wifi card running the March release of the drivers. Using my Note 20 with Extended WLAN details, the hotspot is only a 20MHz width.Google has not been...
  9. IntelR Wi-Fi 6E AX120 160Mhz - Unable to create 5GHz Hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IntelR Wi-Fi 6E AX120 160Mhz - Unable to create 5GHz Hotspot: Hi,PC is on opposite end of the house from router, and is plugged into Ethernet.Recently bought a TP-Link AX3000 with the intention of using it for Hotspot-WIFI with Meta Quest 2 in the same room as my PC.Windows 10 Hotspot unable to create with 5GHz, only with 2.4Ghz does it...
  10. IntelR Wi-Fi 6E AX120 160Mhz - Unable to create 5GHz Hotspot

IntelR Wi-Fi 6E AX120 160Mhz - Unable to create 5GHz Hotspot: Hi,PC is on opposite end of the house from router, and is plugged into Ethernet.Recently bought a TP-Link AX3000 with the intention of using it for Hotspot-WIFI with Meta Quest 2 in the same room as my PC.Windows 10 Hotspot unable to create with 5GHz, only with 2.4Ghz does it...